Discovery Channel Street Racing Special: Honda Vs DSM - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Discovery Channel Street Racing Special: Honda Vs DSM within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Drod She blew up the engine. WOW, she was a looser, and her husband was not far ...

Originally posted by Drod
    She blew up the engine. WOW, she was a looser, and her husband was not far behind. Getting a divorce because she wanted to race. Can you say Loosers.
    I can and do say "loosers" problem is people don't know what I'm talking about and I have to explain to them how there are people on teh intardweb that spell LOSER with two Os and how funny I think it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The show was called " Street Racers: Pedal to the Metal" and it was on the Discovery channel at 9pm eastern on 2/9/04. It re-aired at midnight the same night (next morning whatever). According to Leila, the honda driver featured on the show, and a member of Honda-Tech.com (s/n turbochic) she said that it was a one time special but had the possibility to be picked up for a Discovery channel weekly series featuring different drivers and local tuner shops working together with $2000 and 36 hours to mod their cars and ultimately race against one another.

I saw it. My favorite part was in the very beginning when the kid in the DSM bet the kid in the SRT-4 240.00 and got spanked. The loser in the DSM put on his hazards when he lost! That was ghey.

Then they did a dumpload of mods to the Honda and she ran a 9.2 in the warm-up and a 9.6 in the race! My best 1/8 is 9.1 with only a EBC at the time!

The DSM tuners sucked. All they did was play around. The ONLY reason why they won is because the other car was a Honda. NAAWWWWZZZZ was their saving grace.

The show was beat and I put a claim in for that one hour of my life back!!

EDIT: I also thought it was hillarious when that chick poseted EVERY detail of her upgrades (with pics) on the net!! That was classic!!
    Last edited by drizze99; 02-11-2004 at 01:33 PM.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

One thing it needs is no driver talking so much smack. The gay kid talked WAY too much, even for the mild build they did on his car FOR him. And to run 8.1 in the 1/8th and break the axle? Hahahahahaha. Sorry, had to get that out. Gimme $5-10K and a shop to do most of the work and I'll WAIL on either of them. AND I won't talk so much smack, break anything or drive poorly.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

WRX
    woah. I'm glad I didn't see that show! I truly hope that people out there don't think that those are actually really fast #'s.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    woah. I'm glad I didn't see that show! I truly hope that people out there don't think that those are actually really fast #'s.
    Yeah, be glad. I'm surprised they didn't put neons and spotlights all over the cars, then use glow-in-the-dark paint or something. RICE described it. Fast and Furious poser crap.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

WRX
    LOL, I just remembered. A radio station in chicago was doing a 'topic of the day' type thing, and they were asking about TFATF. People were calling in saying that they only drive illegally, and have never gone to the track. One guy even said that cops don't know about their spot, and would NOT say where they raced. Just the type of people to watch that kind of crap.

I'll just stick to horsepower TV and shows like that.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by B|2imstone
    that was a gay show
    LOL, agree it was painful to watch what little I did...I missed the ending as you knew what the outcome would be. I didn't see the beginning so wasn't sure if each team was assigned a car...and if so the producers need some help as they totally stacked the deck against the Honda crew from the beginning.

T.

even if she did blow up her engine, she could probably get another one for free, considering the engine was sponsored....

My biggest complaint was they only ran the 1/8 mile!!! I mean they should have run best 2 out of 3 in the 1/4 mile to give the 2WD car a good chance.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

I saw the show...I want my 1-hr back. The show was all over the place...I mean it didn't make sense with the title. It was like a combination of "Monster Garage" meets "Trading Spaces" meets "Junk Yard War" meets "TFATF". The producer should pick ONE theme and go with it. I mean if it's street racing, let just show the aspect of street racing and how/why it's illegal. If it's a build off, then lets do it right and not give cars to tuners that don't know **** about them (specialized in them).

I did see the Civic not having an LSD...that thing was peg-legging it doing the burnout. And putting slicks on the DSM without drivetrain upgrades?

That show was probably produced and directed by some intern that is still going to school for film.

I can and do say "loosers" problem is people don't know what I'm talking about and I have to explain to them how there are people on teh intardweb that spell LOSER with two Os and how funny I think it is.
    So you wasted two minutes out of your life to respond to my comment and point out that I used an extra O on the word losers. WOW, you’re going to wish you had those two minutes back when you’re 80 years old laying on your deathbed.

the highlight of the show was when they showed a white skyline gtr34 in the background...

the girl had no idea wtf she was/is doing, yakkin on and on about keepin the d16y motor. then wanting to put a oversized tokico decal on the body and hood cuz the shock cost 800 bucks, not realizing dynamic motorsport's sponsored b16a cost 3500. p.s. they actually added a park bench spoiler, that must have been mad downforce for the ff civic.

that stupid chick really pissed me off, saying she was a racer and all that bs yet still had the stock sohc crap engine in her civic

Originally posted by infox
    that stupid chick really pissed me off, saying she was a racer and all that bs yet still had the stock sohc crap engine in her civic
    That's the part I found the funniest. She had a car that was most likely running 15s or 16s in the 1/4 mile (before the engine swap, etc) yet she considered herself a serious racer. So devoted it was messing up her family.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.