WRX vs. CHEETAHCAT
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. CHEETAHCAT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok im having this argument with a bunch of my friends and we cannot reach a consesus or find decent ...

WRX vs. CHEETAHCAT

ok im having this argument with a bunch of my friends and we cannot reach a consesus or find decent info on the internet...
    what is a cheetah's 0-60 and 1/4 mile...can these things even run a 1/4 mile?...are they 13 second cats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX vs. CHEETAHCAT

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ok im having this argument with a bunch of my friends and we cannot reach a consesus or find decent info on the internet...
    what is a cheetah's 0-60 and 1/4 mile...can these things even run a 1/4 mile?...are they 13 second cats?

BEST WRX VS THE WORLD POST EVER.

from what ive read cheetahs cannot sustain the 60mph speed for long. I dont know that anyone has timed their 1/4 but i dbout its too quick bc they max out at 60 and cant sustain it very long.

a quick google search should find info, though i dbout those stats have been recorded. 0-60 they are probably faster, 1/4 they probably are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

i bet money i can put a cheeto snack food in my mouth chew it and swallow it before u finish the 60 foot
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Haha, great question!

I found a site which says 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. http://www.nsnaturalist.org/nsnatura...etah/page1.asp

As far as the 1/4 mile, it won't be that impressive. At 60mph (the cheetah's top speed), it takes 15 seconds to go 1/4 mile so this would be the absolute best time a cheetah could get if it got a running start. Put it this way, it is definitely between 15 and 18.4@60mph!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

sooo...1998 Cheetah Type R 1/4 mile 18.4@60mph

btw i think its safe to say a cheetah can take an enzo from a dig

i wanna see the forced induction cheetah.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I Support ClubWRX
    They come stock with catbacks.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    They come stock with catbacks.
    to quote Donatello..."too derivitive..."
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

1998 Cheetah Type R 1/4 mile 18.4@60mph
    You guys are funny. Cheetahs are cool animals.

"The cheetah is capable of speed up to 72 mph (114 km/h) and can maintain this speed over an average prey chase of 3.5 miles. At full speed the cheetah can cover a distance of 25 ft (8 m) in a single stride. " - Cheetah Conservation in Southern Africa. Trade Environment Database (TED). American University, Washington, DC.

"From a standing start the Cheetah can reach 45 mph (20 m/s) in 2 seconds." - Macmillan, Dianne M. Cheetahs. Minneapolis, MN: Carolhoda, 1997.

and if you want to continue the car vs sportbike arguments...

go race a hayabusa:

""The peregrine falcon is perhaps the fastest animal on earth. In a stoop, or dive, the peregrine has been clocked at speeds of over 180 miles per hour.""

WRX
    party pooper! It was fun hypothesizing about what car would out race the cheetah, and here you come with actual facts!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Did you know that!
    A cheetah's top speed is:
    70mph
    A lion's top speed is:
    50mph
    A greyhound's top speed is:
    45mph
    A reindeer's top speed is:
    32 mph
    A grizzly bear's top speed is:
    30 mph
    A Tim and Maurice top speed Is: 28 mph
    A elephant's top speed is:
    25 mph
    A snake's top speed is:
    20 mph
    A pig's top speed is:
    25 mph
    A snails's top speed is:
    0.03 mph

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

"The cheetah, the fastest land animal on earth, can sprint at speeds of about 60 to 70 miles per hour. Furthermore, it can accelerate to this pace in just a step or two. Its body is uniquely built for speed. Their small heads offer little wind resistance, while their exceptionally long legs allow them to take huge strides. During sprints, the cheetah spine acts like a giant spring -- storing energy that can be released in explosive surges. The cheetah also has an enlarged heart, set of lungs, and liver that help deliver bursts of oxygen and energy. Along with its sharp claws, specially ridged foot pads help to provide greater traction. Hence, it can both run hast and maneuver well. The cheetah has limited endurance (about a quarter of a mile), however, and the sprint quickly leads to near exhaustion. Consequently, the cheetah can only hunt effectively in open country where there is enough natural cover for stalking. Cheetahs begin by stalking prey for a few seconds or up to several hours. When the prey is within 100 feet, the chase begins. About half of all chases end with the prey being suffocated by a throat bite. Adult cheetahs eat an average of six pounds of meat per day, but they drink infrequently--once in every four to ten days. Its speed allows the cheetah to prey upon animals much larger than itself, but generally cheetahs prey on medium-sized animals such as gazelles and impala."

http://www.greenleap.com/critters/cr...h&name=Cheetah

From what I can gather, 0-60 MPH in around 2-3 seconds, endurance of about 1/4 mile, no need for frequent maintenance (fluids needed only every 4-10 days), and preys on Chevy Impalas....

Cheetahs: the ultimate drag machine
    Last edited by tubbytreats; 02-11-2004 at 07:00 AM.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast