WRX vs. CHEETAHCAT - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. CHEETAHCAT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by brembo !...

Originally posted by brembo

!
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here are some real clockings I made with animals. The speedo on my KLR 650 is a little optimistic, but I clocked a duck, flying straight down a dirt road at 50 mph, until he looked back and saw I was keeping up, so he picked up the speed to 60 mph (57 really), and saw I as still keeping up. Then he just flew over the trees and left. I read in a hunting magazine once that 0-60 for a floating duck was around 4sec's, but this one didn't try out drag me.

I came up on a wolf once. It loped along easily at about 35 mph and turned sideways and into the brush. When I was a kid, my mom clocked our springer at about 40, and the dog could run that fast for over a mile with NO trouble.

Fawns can run at about 30mph for a while and will leave you behind in the tight stuff. Grown deer are too smart to race and just run off into the bushes.

Hunting hounds top out at about 20 and are often too dumb to run off in the bushes so you can pass, that is until they tire out.

My paso horse likes to race my bike for a little while. I don't know his top speed, but he can really out corner and out accelerate me bad, even with full knobbies to his unshod hooves. Of course he is AFD. Then he gets tired and upset if I play for too long. On pavement his feet don't hook up too good and his rear will come out from under him if his traction control shorts out and he whacks the throttle open too quick.

As you all know dolphins likes to ride the wake of a boat. The boat I was in was going about 32mph when the two that were riding along dropped a gear and left us. I asked a more experienced man how fast they could go. He said no one knew, because none of the fishing boats could keep up. Not even the one with two 200 Evinrudes that topped out at 60 mph? Nope.

A quarter horse can run the 1/4 in about 21 sec. with a jockey. That is better than a old WV Beetle, but not quite up to WRX spec.
    Last edited by britishbikes; 02-11-2004 at 04:22 PM.

One technicality that has not been brought up is the surface. The Cheetah is achieving these times on DIRT. I'm not saying that the Cheetah would run faster with track spikes on tarmac. I'm just pointing out that the cat would own just about everything on four wheels to 60 mph on the dirt.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Ok so if the Cheetah Type R was one of the faster ones from the factory it would have top speed of 72?

Ok so presuming this cat goes 1/4 at 72 the whole time, that would leave it at 12.5 @ 72mph. Ok so now lets say that the cheetah needs some time to get up to 70.. I think we're looking at a 14 second cheetah

Optimistically, if it combined an awesome 60ft time with the great top speed, it could even run a 13.5 id say!

this is turning into that apples and oranges thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Dirt

Dirt really sucks the power out of a machine. On the street, the KLR goes from 0-60 in about 5 seconds, but on an average sand road, it feels like at least twice that long, even with a new knobbie. All that slippage.

As a KX250 takes 3.98 secs to reach 60 on the street, a consevative guess is that the KX500 would take no more than about 3.5 seconds to find 60 on pavement. (They are quicker than 3.2 (magazine) sec 600 Ninjas, as discovered by my brother.) It takes that long only because it is wheelie limited to about 50mph. So figure about 6-7 seconds 0-60 in the dirt, if the conditions are decent.

A cheetah would destroy even the quickest a dirtbike, and the KX500 is the quickest- and an overall winner of the Baja 1000 several times. It would be like one of those bad dreams where you move in slow motion.

If the KX500 can't do it, not even an awd rally car could beat the cheetah to 60 in the dirt.

You'd need a rocket strapped to your roof.

I say we genetically engineer a cheetah to own the top fuel brackets!

Or better yet we could get the fossils of a North American Cheetah (something like 5 foot at the shoulder) and then clone one and genetically engineer it and dominate the F1 scene for years to come.
    -Andrew

caught one of these at a stoplight the other night

Thats fake, we all know if it were a real Type R the R would be red.
    -Andrew

This rodent would 0wn the cheetah and the rex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ramborodent.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    This rodent would 0wn the cheetah and the rex
    One of the best quotes evar.

The Pole Catinator ownz joo.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I think its a driver's race

If it takes 2 seconds to get to full speed, and full speed is 70mph, the cheetah could possible pull a 14.0-14.5.......so depending on how good the driver is, it would be close. I don't feel like doing the physics, even though it is like the easiest stuff to do....my bookshelf is too far away and I can't remember the formulas....that's why I have a book shelf.

Then again if the cheetah had a MBC (to pump extra oxygen to the lungs), the WRX would get own3d!!

-joe

I LOVE PHYSICS!!! haha

According to my calculations using kinematics equations...the cheetah and the WRX would be a driver's race.

Ok, enough of the caps, just wanted to capture your attention.

Assuming the cheetah can go 0-60 in 2 seconds and maintain it's top speed of 70mph throughout the rest of the 1/4 mile, it's 1/4 time would be 13.941 seconds.

Assuming the cheetah can go 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and maintain it's top speed of 70mph throughout the rest of the 1/4 mile, it's 1/4 time would be 14.625 seconds.

So, if the Cheetah can maintain it's top speed throughout the quarter mile it's range will be from 13.941 to 14.625 seconds bone stock BABY.

NJwrbT-WRX, You were really damn close man.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

what's the braking distance 60-0 on the cheetah?

Originally posted by aheineken
    I LOVE PHYSICS!!! haha

According to my calculations using kinematics equations...the cheetah and the WRX would be a driver's race.

Ok, enough of the caps, just wanted to capture your attention.

Assuming the cheetah can go 0-60 in 2 seconds and maintain it's top speed of 70mph throughout the rest of the 1/4 mile, it's 1/4 time would be 13.941 seconds.

Assuming the cheetah can go 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and maintain it's top speed of 70mph throughout the rest of the 1/4 mile, it's 1/4 time would be 14.625 seconds.

So, if the Cheetah can maintain it's top speed throughout the quarter mile it's range will be from 13.941 to 14.625 seconds bone stock BABY.

NJwrbT-WRX, You were really damn close man.

Yeah well, I have all those equations floating around in my head....you only have to remember them when you are in school, now that I do it for a living I get to use the books The stuff I work on now is much much much worse!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

i vote this thread as the GREATEST THREAD EVAR!!!! cheetah's are very impressive, i had no idea that they could 0-60 like that. i am literally speachless. The funny part is that if any one of us were to encounter an angry cheetah, the majority would run away out of instinct.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast