WRX vs. CHEETAHCAT - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. CHEETAHCAT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by CakePanMan btw i think its safe to say a cheetah can take an enzo from a dig ...

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    btw i think its safe to say a cheetah can take an enzo from a dig
    i dunno bout that, then enzo does 0-60 in 3.3 according to road and track..........and 3.14 according to motortrend
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sht
    i thought that they could die if they keep up that speed for more than 30 sec.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    [B
    From what I can gather, 0-60 MPH in around 2-3 seconds, endurance of about 1/4 mile, no need for frequent maintenance (fluids needed only every 4-10 days), and preys on Chevy Impalas....

Cheetahs: the ultimate drag machine [/B]

Great thread!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by sht
    i thought that they could die if they keep up that speed for more than 30 sec.
    I saw on tv a video where a cheetah was running at a dead sprint for about 25-35 seconds, then stopped and passed out for a minute or so.... It overexerted itself... I dunno about the credibility of Cyrilgrey's info, but I'm pretty sure that if a cheetah (or just about any animal) kept up a dead sprint for 3.5 miles it would be very not ok by the end of that, if it could even make it all the way.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

so...we have been bombarded with different information...can we reach a consesus on a stock cheetah's 1/4 mile

I think its a driver's race

If it takes 2 seconds to get to full speed, and full speed is 70mph, the cheetah could possible pull a 14.0-14.5.......so depending on how good the driver is, it would be close. I don't feel like doing the physics, even though it is like the easiest stuff to do....my bookshelf is too far away and I can't remember the formulas....that's why I have a book shelf.

Then again if the cheetah had a MBC (to pump extra oxygen to the lungs), the WRX would get own3d!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

stock cheeetah. . .hehee
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

this thing would 0wn a cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

my money is on the cheetah unless u swerve and hit it.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

yeah and i'd expect them to pull VERY consistent times... but you gotta watch out for the heatsoak.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    What is with you guys and bullsh*t magazine racing? If you want to know what a cheetah runs, just take one to the track!

Remember, on the savannah, anything can happen.

Let's not forget the Cheetah's handling characteristics..... I've watched National Geographic and Animal Planet enough to know there would be some serious ownage by the Cheetah in the twisties.

"I raced a Cheetah once, it was a close race, but he edged me by a nose, and maybe even his ears. BUt I had a passenger with me and he didn't. If he had had a passenger too, I think it would have been closer, or maybe even I could win"

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Kanchou
    to quote Donatello..."too derivitive..."
    If you're gonna try to make fun of my lame cheetah joke, at least spell derivative correctly.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by zoophagy

Remember, on the savannah, anything can happen.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast