My first race...a Jeep?!?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My first race...a Jeep?!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was with my gf coming home and this jeep cheroke comes up slowly next to me as we are ...

My first race...a Jeep?!?

I was with my gf coming home and this jeep cheroke comes up slowly next to me as we are coming up to a red light. My gf notices they are looking at my car. I didn't bother looking at them. Well, I guess they were looking at her though...You know they trying to hit on a girl thing...boggle. So, I look over and he's making some hand jestures. I roll down the window to say what's up...he rolls his down...

He says, hey wanna race. I get this confused look on my face. First off, I don't race. Had my car 9 months and haven't raced once (well, not officially). He said his jeep was all stock, slow as hell...And still wanted to race. I said, uhhh, ok. I figured I'd go half throttle and still kill him. (btw I'm all stock as well)

I think they noticed the front of my car (morettes and STI scoop tend to make it look a bit more aggressive) as well as the liscence plate "sleeper rex".

Anyways I agree and they seem all excited. They make it a point to tell me it's 100% stock. Ok..fine with me.

Light turns green and I don't even bother launching...rev to 1k and slip the clutch just enough to keep from stalling

Well, he takes off...and pretty darn fast I might add. The thing sounded like a broken fog horn. I doubt it was stock.

Anyways, I did have it floored...I just needed to wait for boost...

Boost hits and I race past him. I find second gear and take it easy, wondering if he's still around. Oh...He was...Go full throttle in second as well. Now I'm about 1 car ahead of him...not much.

I shut it down after that...Speed limit was 50 and we were going 60. Well, he flies past me. I catch up and say nice run. He says to me, "honest, it's all stock." I might believe him if he wasn't so intent on telling me every 30 seconds.

Ah well...Put a Jeep Cheroke on my list of kills (oh wait I don't have a list). How pathetic is that? HAH.

I wonder why the guy even bothered...Probably to humiliate me in front of my gf...not that I would have cared if I lost. I don't even think the guys knew what my car had (hp wise). He looked at it and said "subaru all wheel drive, eh," just before he asked me to race.

Anyways, this is getting long...and it's not very exciting either. Just wanted to vent my excitement

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You know you had fun!

Those things have a lot of low end torque,which is why he got a good launch,after that they start to fade.It cracks me up when those guys want to run,I just laugh and wave them off.Afterall,they don't have the best aerodynamics in the world,more like a refrigerator going down the road sideways .
    Nice going anyway.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

Haha ...

I'm not sure if I shared this Cherokee story also. Well I'm driving back to my place from renting a movie. I'm on the road in the left lane and I notice a old Cherokee pulling onto the road. Well I get into the left turning lane and the Cherokee pulls right next to me on the right. I have the windows down and music going w/ my exhaust it's loud enough. Well I just chillin at the light and I hear this faint winning noise ... I thought it was my car so I turned down the radio and still hear it. Then I look over to my right at the punk teens and they looked at me and started revving? I just smiled and shook my head like "Umm are you stupid or just ignorant?" I did NOT rev back ... umm new on for me I know. Teens keep on revving and light turns green. I did NOT have a left hand turn signal so I just sat there waiting for traffic. The Cherokee gets too caught up in reving that they sat there reving at me when they had a green light. Well the driver finally realizes that he has a green light and ... stops reving, swtiches back in to drive, then "tries" to accelerate off the line. I just laughed. The time it took them to stop reving, swtich into drive, then travel across the intersection I could have passed them on my mountain bike.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Re: My first race...a Jeep?!?

Originally posted by bobafett

I think they noticed the front of my car (morettes and STI scoop tend to make it look a bit more aggressive) as well as the liscence plate "sleeper rex".

10 letters in that plate?
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

"SLPR REX" to be exact. I guess everyone here would recognize what it means, but all my friends (at first) asked me what "Slipperyx" meant.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.