Galant VR-4 vs. STI - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Galant VR-4 vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey i came on here to tell the kill. then some guy from New Zealand starts to make me a ...

hey i came on here to tell the kill. then some guy from New Zealand starts to make me a lier. i dont mind the trash talk but when you tell some one that their cars slow and its quick........ im not going to start................
    gvr4 464/2000

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where the hell did I call you a Liar????? I called you a chump! cause you said you whipped a STI, which we have now found out you didnt!!

We call it MITSI syndrome down here

good luck in life... 1/2 a car length aint nothin...

Alot of variables on the street buddy... Save it for the track where you know BOTH of you are tryin your nuts off...

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/bre...WRXJIMvVR4.MPG

Thats a whippin! We both had the same mods! Airfilter and 3" exhaust. I had my sub box in there too with the 600 watt amp...
    Last edited by WRXJIM; 02-15-2004 at 05:26 PM.
    * 1:18.47 Manfield * 11.81 @ 114.7mph *
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

thanks but the link doesnt work..........
    gvr4 464/2000

Try again...

Plus didnt call you a liar did I??? Wasnt doubting you are fast at all! read my posts again????

Was just clarifying the whipped his ASS part...
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

nice kill. i like your car. that gvr4 got it handed to him. see that's what you should of said,but you come, "galant vr4s arnt fast. my car is faster." you come in here like you have the fastest god damn car in the country. thanks.
    gvr4 464/2000

***** ***** *****, Whine, WHine, Whine, wimper, blah blah blah.....
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by gvr4
    nice kill. i like your car. that gvr4 got it handed to him. see that's what you should of said,but you come, "galant vr4s arnt fast. my car is faster." you come in here like you have the fastest god damn car in the country. thanks.
    I DID NOT!, I cam e on here and said you must have had som emods, because a STANDARD VR-4 would/should not be competetive against a STI...

Come on bro... I even tried to make this a light hearted thing with one of my posts...

I have also said that I liked VR-4s.....

As far as Im concerned the VR-4 is the main reason we have the WRX, Subaru needed to make a more competitive rally car than the Legacy RS, so hence we got the WRX, Mitsi then replied with the EVO 1...

Thanks MITSI, and also Subaru, The only 2 car makers that have the balls to make four cylinder rockets! (we dont get the Turbo NEON down here... Boo Hoo, I would love to see one..)
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

[/QUOTE] As far as Im concerned the VR-4 is the main reason we have the WRX, Subaru needed to make a more competitive rally car than the Legacy RS, so hence we got the WRX, Mitsi then replied with the EVO 1...

Thanks MITSI, and also Subaru, The only 2 car makers that have the balls to make four cylinder rockets! (we dont get the Turbo NEON down here... Boo Hoo, I would love to see one..) [/B][/QUOTE]
    i agree on this one.......
    gvr4 464/2000

Originally posted by gvr4
    As far as Im concerned the VR-4 is the main reason we have the WRX, Subaru needed to make a more competitive rally car than the Legacy RS, so hence we got the WRX, Mitsi then replied with the EVO 1...

Thanks MITSI, and also Subaru, The only 2 car makers that have the balls to make four cylinder rockets! (we dont get the Turbo NEON down here... Boo Hoo, I would love to see one..)
    i agree on this one.......

Come on man. Subaru wasn't just competing against one car. It was competing against all of the cars in the WRC. They didn't build the Impreza WRC (not the WRX, the WRX is the road car although the original turbo Impreza road car was just called the Impreza Turbo) in response to the Galant which if I remember correctly wasn't a hot performer. They built it to win races against all competitors (Mitsubishi is only about 15% of the competition).
    Last edited by ihaveadent; 02-15-2004 at 09:01 PM.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Originally posted by ihaveadent

Come on man. Subaru wasn't just competing against one car. It was competing against all of the cars in the WRC. They didn't build the Impreza WRC (not the WRX, the WRX is the road car although the original turbo Impreza road car was just called the Impreza Turbo) in response to the Galant which if I remember correctly wasn't a hot performer. They built it to win races against all competitors (Mitsubishi is only about 15% of the competition).
    Before the WRCars there were the GRP A rally cars, The LANCIA , the GT-4 from Toyota and the VR-4 from Mitsi and the Legacy RS to name just a few... So yes the WRX was conceived to replace the Legacy RS to win rallies back in 92/93... It was only ever called the Impreza turbo in Europe... in every other country it was called the WRX... The WRC came about when the FIA conceived a new format for the WRC...

Colin Mcrea won the WRC in a WRX Grp A rally car, not a WRCar... So yup they were called a WRX until the rules changed...

So really i think you will find the GVR-4 was about back when the WRX joined the WRC... Subaru Toyota and Mitsi all became hot competitors from 93 on really...

edited for clarification and spelling..
    Last edited by WRXJIM; 02-15-2004 at 10:53 PM.
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

Here is a pic of the last 10 years of WRX's in the WRC...

Started life as a WRX then became the WRC in 97...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails impreza wallpaper.jpg  
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

Question for gvr4

So I just read the thread where you said that you beat a STI but on the second page one of the last post you said that you only raced one sti but at the end you said my brothers vr4 could hand me my @$$ on a sliver platter

So is the car yours or your brothers? Because if it is your brothers you only know what he is telling you and if you were in the car you would have seen we beat him. And for the record I ran a 14.00 with no mods. One I put the exhaust on I ran a 13.7 (with timeslips to prove it) as for your 12.7 here it goes I am going to pull out the bs flag because the car is not even yours you gave your self away for I all know you are some kid on the board who has nothing else to do but come talk crap your are not on the dsm board or the vr4 becuase you are some punk kid that does not anything about cars

i think your bull sh!ting i only raced one sti and i beat him.also your car ran a 14.0 on the 1/4.i seen you a bandi, so you have no room to be talking. it was White and had silver wheels, and you have a blue and gold. your car is slow as hell too. if i can remember right you are to afraid of my brothers galant vr4........ ....... he will had you your a$$ in a silver plater. again most of you sti owners think your cars the sh!t.

I only races one sti...........if I can remember right you are afarid of my brothers vr4

yea i have one and my brother has one too. idiot.
    gvr4 464/2000

Everyone CALM DOWN
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast