Galant VR-4 vs. STI - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Galant VR-4 vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by XtianLA GVR4's are ridiculous. A buddy of mine has one and run's mid 12's all day. Here's ...

Originally posted by XtianLA
    GVR4's are ridiculous. A buddy of mine has one and run's mid 12's all day. Here's a great GVR4 kill story.
    Him and this SS were staging for their 1/4 mile run. The SS pulls up and purges, everyone goes nuts! Then the GVR4 runs a 12.5 to the SS's 12.6The crowd went crazy, great race.

HEHE! Whats up mang? Here is the 12.18 vid against Mike in the SS. He wasn't on the bottle yet.

http://forum.vwsport.com/dload.php?action=file&id=1762
    03 SRT4 best ET 12.74, best mph 108 video

91 GVR4 best ET 12.18, best mph 115 *sold* video

63 Nova Progress pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SBW
    I want a galant vr4 damnit, they're nasty. There is also a crazy white one with a large front mount around here. Frequently seen at Pruven Performance, I believe I know who owns it but he'll remain nameless. My cousin also has a nasty one too with 16g front mount.

I think all 1500 or 2000 of them have been modded because they're pretty common, and when you do see them they're usually hooked up.

The fact that they're nasty is old news, but its obvious gvr4 is looking to start trash talking and has succeeded again. He doesn't even give us the details. worthless post

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Thats a 12.7 in COLORADO, 1 mile up, that is 20% less oxygen up there, the land of the 14 Second Corvette, seriouslly, take anyy time driven there, then go to Sea Level, it'll run 1 second faster all else being equal.
    Not saying your car isn't fast- it is and it's a lot faster than mine. One thing you should note is that you drive a turbo vehicle. F/I cars suffer much less power loss at altitude than do N/A cars (i.e. the 14sec vette).
    While a N/A car may see very large gains at sea level, I would say that you shouldn't expect nearly as much from your own car. You'll gain some ground on your times, but not as much as would a vette for example.

Originally posted by sarcasmo
    Not saying your car isn't fast- it is and it's a lot faster than mine. One thing you should note is that you drive a turbo vehicle. F/I cars suffer much less power loss at altitude than do N/A cars (i.e. the 14sec vette).
    While a N/A car may see very large gains at sea level, I would say that you shouldn't expect nearly as much from your own car. You'll gain some ground on your times, but not as much as would a vette for example.
    Exactly, I didn't want to mention that. But now that you you opened the door. One other thing to take into consideration is track conditions. Colorado = cold ass weather. So altitude density may have been much lower because it was cold. I made my 12.18 pass in 100 degree weather. Plus not all Cali tracks are @ SEA LEVEL.

63 Nova Progress pics

thanks slow4dr also arn't you part of galantvr4.org i think i've seen your name on there
    gvr4 464/2000

You still lose power, the Turbo has to wprk harder to make teh same psi, but there is less oxygen, and the IC is less effective.

But yes not as bad as a NA car.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by gvr4
    thanks slow4dr also arn't you part of galantvr4.org i think i've seen your name on there
    Yep, just remove your #464 with #64. Did that make sense? Yeah I am on the GVR4 site as slow4dr and DSMTALK as #64/2K.

If you do make it out here let me know. We can roll out to Fontana and beat some V8 ASS together.

63 Nova Progress pics

HATE TO BREAK THE PARTY BUT HER I GO

Hey you gvr4 I think I know who are as a matter of fact you live like to minutes away and I belive i handed you your @$$ as a matter of fact last night. If I remember are conversation I think you told me you had like 232 to the wheels so you 300 number must be to the crank because you had just dyoned a couple of weeks ago. Well anyway I needed to break the party just because I thought it would be fun. I am not denying that there are not fast vr4's out there but your is not fast enought to beat the STI (Stock) okay you could probably put up a good fight.
    Well for everyone to see my mod list here they are: Inivida tubo back exhaust (no cat) blitz BOV, helix up pipe, hks replica exhaust manafold.

So it looks like I am the TOUGH GUY now

Will See you on the street!

Not everyone that owns a sti is a prick I don't think that I have the fastest or most expense car I have had my @$$ handed to me plenty of times and have seen more ezpense more beautiful cars than my STI I love cars not matter what make or kind. But From an STI owner I have tryed to wave and give thumbs up to other sti owners and they act like they don't see you (you though they are looking right at you )
    Last edited by subbysti; 02-14-2004 at 09:56 PM.

Dude you will not gain that much coming down from Colorado to California..Only N/A cars will see drastic gains coming from high altitude to sea level tracks!
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    $1,700 in mods (head&cam)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Re: HATE TO BREAK THE PARTY BUT HER I GO

Originally posted by subbysti
    Hey you gvr4 I think I know who are as a matter of fact you live like to minutes away and I belive i handed you your @$$ as a matter of fact last night. If I remember are conversation I think you told me you had like 232 to the wheels so you 300 number must be to the crank because you had just dyoned a couple of weeks ago. Well anyway I needed to break the party just because I thought it would be fun. I am not denying that there are not fast vr4's out there but your is not fast enought to beat the STI (Stock) okay you could probably put up a good fight.
    Well for everyone to see my mod list here they are: Inivida tubo back exhaust (no cat) blitz BOV, helix up pipe, hks replica exhaust manafold.

So it looks like I am the TOUGH GUY now

Will See you on the street!

Not everyone that owns a sti is a prick I don't think that I have the fastest or most expense car I have had my @$$ handed to me plenty of times and have seen more ezpense more beautiful cars than my STI I love cars not matter what make or kind. But From an STI owner I have tryed to wave and give thumbs up to other sti owners and they act like they don't see you (you though they are looking right at you )
    i think your bull sh!ting i only raced one sti and i beat him.also your car ran a 14.0 on the 1/4.i seen you a bandi, so you have no room to be talking. it was White and had silver wheels, and you have a blue and gold. your car is slow as hell too. if i can remember right you are to afraid of my brothers galant vr4........ ....... he will had you your a$$ in a silver plater. again most of you sti owners think your cars the sh!t.
    Last edited by gvr4; 02-15-2004 at 05:01 PM.
    gvr4 464/2000

i think you are in the wrong place to be talking $hit. you are the only galant vr4 owner that i have any experience with, but it sure seams that you think your car is best car on the planet also.

cnstman
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

ha i don't think my car is the sh!it like you guys. my car is quick.......i never said it was fast dipsh!t
    gvr4 464/2000

well i beat a galant vr4 the same night you beat the sti. did i go on to the galant vr4 website talking a bunch of crap, no. but you sure did come here and start it up. saying you handed it it's a$$. come to find out you beat it by 1/2 a car.

not gonna say anymore, take care.

cnstman
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

hey i'm on here because i like the sti and want to see whats up with them........ then i come to find out that most (not all) are pricks. you guys that think your cars are the best cars need a reality check. im done also.
    gvr4 464/2000

can somebody please ban gvr4? all he is doing is instigating arguments.

gvr4, if you beat an sti thats great. i don't mind you coming on here to tell us. sti owners arent cocky about their cars. most of them have worked hard all their lives to own what they have and are proud of their cars. the sti IS fast by most standards. if you want to have a constructive argument/conversation then have one. don't come here just to talk trash.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.