Galant VR-4 vs. STI - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Galant VR-4 vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by gvr4 here smarty 1 10.275 132.75 6.576 102.98 1.428 92 Galant-VR-4 FP Red NO Dale Nardozzi/Curt Brown ...

Originally posted by gvr4
    here smarty
    1 10.275 132.75 6.576 102.98 1.428 92 Galant-VR-4 FP Red NO Dale Nardozzi/Curt Brown A.nti R.ice C.onsortium Racing 10.275
    This isn't your car, so why even bring it up.

Trolls.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

man the first time is saw a galant vr4 was at the junk yards in sac.... i was amazed to see a front mount on such an ugly car.. but after asking one of the junk yard guys about it ... me being a fast car nut i liked it ha ha ha it was complete with a salvage title for 2k and was in good condition.... would mind having one as a work/beater..

:thumbsup:
    edgar,
    bl/tz

here smarty
    1 10.275 132.75 6.576 102.98 1.428 92 Galant-VR-4 FP Red NO Dale Nardozzi/Curt Brown A.nti R.ice C.onsortium Racing 10.275
    Told ya its been a while...

Im not giving you a hard time about VR-4s I am giving you a hard time about your "beating the **** outa" comment
    * 1:18.47 Manfield * 11.81 @ 114.7mph *
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

your lucky you live in a different country or i would beet you too.
    this would be you
    gvr4 464/2000

your lucky you live in a different country or i would beet you too.
    this would be you
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This isnt a HATER post, picture us having a beer along with this conversation... Thats how I want it to be anyways... I love cars, you love cars... COOL!

You are a dreamer!!!! If you only have 300@the wheels keep tryin buddy!

There are only 2 down here that can beat me! And I have a WAGON!!!

Im almost at 400@wheels and Im looking at a low 11 for my next run...

Pfff dreamers....

Oh by the way I may be in Cali soon enough (with my car) so maybe you can try...
    Last edited by WRXJIM; 02-11-2004 at 06:40 PM.
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

This is the Friend I was talking about...

http://www.onboost.co.nz/members/aaron.htm

Thought you might like this. Its pretty cool...
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

Originally posted by WRXJIM

Pfff dreamers....

Oh by the way I may be in Cali soon enough (with my car) so maybe you can try...
    what the...! 400 to the wheels? hey im not trying to start **** but that claim is hard for me to swallow bro... have you dyno'd it? if so can you show me those #'s

please prove me wrong....

oh and if your coming to calif id like to warn you that out here the highest octane rating is 91 just some FYI

edgar,
    bl/tz

Originally posted by WRXJIM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This isnt a HATER post, picture us having a beer along with this conversation... Thats how I want it to be anyways... I love cars, you love cars... COOL!

You are a dreamer!!!! If you only have 300@the wheels keep tryin buddy!

There are only 2 down here that can beat me! And I have a WAGON!!!

Pfff dreamers....

Do you have any internal engine/tranny mods for that whp?? Im at 320 and I say a prayer every time i shift (plannin on sti RA 5 speed gears this summer and a JUN 2.2 L stroker). Thats some serious whp, so i was just curious what internal mods you have!
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

your a tough guy. i like in colorado and i got a 12.7 on the 1/4...... if i went to cali i would brake 11's.
    you just think your cars fast as hell. but your cars slow as hell
    gvr4 464/2000

1. Im actually a little under... 247kw actaully , but no reason why it couldnt, I have a second fuel rail to go on yet, I plan on having a exteranl wastegate setup soon enough, but just working on what turbo to use... Currently have a APEXi bolt on, on there...

No tranny mods yet... Waiting till it breaks, and I have a straight cut 1st to 4th dogset ready to go in...

2. The whole engine has been completely rebuilt... Have a look in the DOWNUNDER thread... there is a little more there...

3. You did a 12.7... On my standard engine I was running a 12.4s all day long, with nothing but exhaust and filter....

My vids of those races are inthe downunder section also...

VR-4 boy... Why are you like that? MITSI syndrome?
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

What up GVR4? As a GVR4 owner you did come off a bit cocky for only winning by 1/2 a car length. Good kill none the less. BTW: I'm #14 on the DSM list provided in the earlier post.
    03 SRT4 best ET 12.74, best mph 108 video

91 GVR4 best ET 12.18, best mph 115 *sold* video

63 Nova Progress pics

You did a 12.7... On my standard engine I was running a 12.4s all day long, with nothing but exhaust and filter....

Thats a 12.7 in COLORADO, 1 mile up, that is 20% less oxygen up there, the land of the 14 Second Corvette, seriouslly, take anyy time driven there, then go to Sea Level, it'll run 1 second faster all else being equal.

Not trying to be a ****, not even sure if that time is true, but what I say is true.

Hey man be carful, you may shatter a transfer case ripiing 400+ WHP, sometimes a good 16G and a Good driver is all you need to take on the big boys, man I have seen a Small 16G yank a 12 FLAT at 110, some quick shifting and amazing 60 foots. The guy took of in the 1G like he was rear ended by a semi
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

I am sure the stuff he can get a hold of in New Zealand is higher quality and the mechanics have more experience with turbo Subie stuff so I would think that he has an edge on us Americans in terms of tunability. This GVR4 cat needs to get a life and stop trying to start crap on message boards.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

GVR4's are ridiculous. A buddy of mine has one and run's mid 12's all day. Here's a great GVR4 kill story.

Him and this SS were staging for their 1/4 mile run. The SS pulls up and purges, everyone goes nuts! Then the GVR4 runs a 12.5 to the SS's 12.6

The crowd went crazy, great race.

Not dissin VR-4s at all dont get me wrong!!!

I have plenty of friends that have them and had them...

They are veery easy to get power out of. and the tranies can easily cope with more oomph than a standard REX trany... Esp if you get lucky and get a 4 bolt one...

Mine is an STI dont forget, so its stronger than a regular REX trany, plus I have oversized all my cross bolts to minimise flex...

If you watch my vids I dont launch really... The car will be tuned for the curcuit not so much the strip... I just go cause any sort of racing is fun... Im yet to run my new set up down the quarter... but I has more KWs than my last engine (which was 222kw)

I hit the fuel pump wall (which actually fried the pump????) on the tune... Currently running a WALBRO, but am now looking at a BOSCH...

I run a LINK PLUS (not a plug in possum link) and at the mo, Im at 17psi and my injectors are running out of puff too... hence the second fuel rail...

I have had some dramas getting it to this stage... There is more to come...
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast