Galant VR-4 vs. STI - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Galant VR-4 vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by gvr4 here smarty 1 10.275 132.75 6.576 102.98 1.428 92 Galant-VR-4 FP Red NO Dale Nardozzi/Curt Brown ...

Originally posted by gvr4
    here smarty
    1 10.275 132.75 6.576 102.98 1.428 92 Galant-VR-4 FP Red NO Dale Nardozzi/Curt Brown A.nti R.ice C.onsortium Racing 10.275
    This isn't your car, so why even bring it up.

Trolls.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

man the first time is saw a galant vr4 was at the junk yards in sac.... i was amazed to see a front mount on such an ugly car.. but after asking one of the junk yard guys about it ... me being a fast car nut i liked it ha ha ha it was complete with a salvage title for 2k and was in good condition.... would mind having one as a work/beater..

:thumbsup:
    edgar,
    bl/tz

here smarty
    1 10.275 132.75 6.576 102.98 1.428 92 Galant-VR-4 FP Red NO Dale Nardozzi/Curt Brown A.nti R.ice C.onsortium Racing 10.275
    Told ya its been a while...

Im not giving you a hard time about VR-4s I am giving you a hard time about your "beating the **** outa" comment
    * 1:18.47 Manfield * 11.81 @ 114.7mph *
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

your lucky you live in a different country or i would beet you too.
    this would be you
    gvr4 464/2000

your lucky you live in a different country or i would beet you too.
    this would be you
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This isnt a HATER post, picture us having a beer along with this conversation... Thats how I want it to be anyways... I love cars, you love cars... COOL!

You are a dreamer!!!! If you only have 300@the wheels keep tryin buddy!

There are only 2 down here that can beat me! And I have a WAGON!!!

Im almost at 400@wheels and Im looking at a low 11 for my next run...

Pfff dreamers....

Oh by the way I may be in Cali soon enough (with my car) so maybe you can try...
    Last edited by WRXJIM; 02-11-2004 at 07:40 PM.
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

This is the Friend I was talking about...

http://www.onboost.co.nz/members/aaron.htm

Thought you might like this. Its pretty cool...
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

Originally posted by WRXJIM

Pfff dreamers....

Oh by the way I may be in Cali soon enough (with my car) so maybe you can try...
    what the...! 400 to the wheels? hey im not trying to start **** but that claim is hard for me to swallow bro... have you dyno'd it? if so can you show me those #'s

please prove me wrong....

oh and if your coming to calif id like to warn you that out here the highest octane rating is 91 just some FYI

edgar,
    bl/tz

Originally posted by WRXJIM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This isnt a HATER post, picture us having a beer along with this conversation... Thats how I want it to be anyways... I love cars, you love cars... COOL!

You are a dreamer!!!! If you only have 300@the wheels keep tryin buddy!

There are only 2 down here that can beat me! And I have a WAGON!!!

Pfff dreamers....

Do you have any internal engine/tranny mods for that whp?? Im at 320 and I say a prayer every time i shift (plannin on sti RA 5 speed gears this summer and a JUN 2.2 L stroker). Thats some serious whp, so i was just curious what internal mods you have!
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

your a tough guy. i like in colorado and i got a 12.7 on the 1/4...... if i went to cali i would brake 11's.
    you just think your cars fast as hell. but your cars slow as hell
    gvr4 464/2000

1. Im actually a little under... 247kw actaully , but no reason why it couldnt, I have a second fuel rail to go on yet, I plan on having a exteranl wastegate setup soon enough, but just working on what turbo to use... Currently have a APEXi bolt on, on there...

No tranny mods yet... Waiting till it breaks, and I have a straight cut 1st to 4th dogset ready to go in...

2. The whole engine has been completely rebuilt... Have a look in the DOWNUNDER thread... there is a little more there...

3. You did a 12.7... On my standard engine I was running a 12.4s all day long, with nothing but exhaust and filter....

My vids of those races are inthe downunder section also...

VR-4 boy... Why are you like that? MITSI syndrome?
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

What up GVR4? As a GVR4 owner you did come off a bit cocky for only winning by 1/2 a car length. Good kill none the less. BTW: I'm #14 on the DSM list provided in the earlier post.
    03 SRT4 best ET 12.74, best mph 108 video

91 GVR4 best ET 12.18, best mph 115 *sold* video

63 Nova Progress pics

You did a 12.7... On my standard engine I was running a 12.4s all day long, with nothing but exhaust and filter....

Thats a 12.7 in COLORADO, 1 mile up, that is 20% less oxygen up there, the land of the 14 Second Corvette, seriouslly, take anyy time driven there, then go to Sea Level, it'll run 1 second faster all else being equal.

Not trying to be a ****, not even sure if that time is true, but what I say is true.

Hey man be carful, you may shatter a transfer case ripiing 400+ WHP, sometimes a good 16G and a Good driver is all you need to take on the big boys, man I have seen a Small 16G yank a 12 FLAT at 110, some quick shifting and amazing 60 foots. The guy took of in the 1G like he was rear ended by a semi
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

I am sure the stuff he can get a hold of in New Zealand is higher quality and the mechanics have more experience with turbo Subie stuff so I would think that he has an edge on us Americans in terms of tunability. This GVR4 cat needs to get a life and stop trying to start crap on message boards.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

GVR4's are ridiculous. A buddy of mine has one and run's mid 12's all day. Here's a great GVR4 kill story.

Him and this SS were staging for their 1/4 mile run. The SS pulls up and purges, everyone goes nuts! Then the GVR4 runs a 12.5 to the SS's 12.6

The crowd went crazy, great race.

Not dissin VR-4s at all dont get me wrong!!!

I have plenty of friends that have them and had them...

They are veery easy to get power out of. and the tranies can easily cope with more oomph than a standard REX trany... Esp if you get lucky and get a 4 bolt one...

Mine is an STI dont forget, so its stronger than a regular REX trany, plus I have oversized all my cross bolts to minimise flex...

If you watch my vids I dont launch really... The car will be tuned for the curcuit not so much the strip... I just go cause any sort of racing is fun... Im yet to run my new set up down the quarter... but I has more KWs than my last engine (which was 222kw)

I hit the fuel pump wall (which actually fried the pump????) on the tune... Currently running a WALBRO, but am now looking at a BOSCH...

I run a LINK PLUS (not a plug in possum link) and at the mo, Im at 17psi and my injectors are running out of puff too... hence the second fuel rail...

I have had some dramas getting it to this stage... There is more to come...
    ----
    Tuned by
    SPEEDTECH
    ----
    PICS<---->VIDS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.