300, WRX, & ITR Encounter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 300, WRX, & ITR Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1. I was on my way home tonight and passed a 300ZX. I didn't think anything of it but I ...

300, WRX, & ITR Encounter

1. I was on my way home tonight and passed a 300ZX. I didn't think anything of it but I was in 2nd rather than 3rd just in case. Soon after I passed him I flew past me; I figured that was a incentive to race. He slowed down infront of me and was doing about 50mph so I came up beside him and was in 3rd doing 50mph. I look over and he's smiling so I gave him the friendly gesture to have to start. He jumped on the gas and I followed suite and quickly pulled a car by 70mph. Lucky we came up to a light and I chatted w/ him. Both of us were the first cars at the light. I asked him if he wanted to run and he said ... "Umm, I can try but you'll tear me a new one." I replied ... "I'll start normally and you can launch so you'll have an advantage." I told him to shut down at 60mph; he agreed. I then asked him what year his 300 was and he replied that it was a 94 non turbo. He asked me and I told him about me. Light turns green and he spins and I start as normal; he jumps me by 1/2 a car and I catch up to him by the end of 1st. However I missed 2nd again ( later story ) and I rev instead of shfiting into 2nd and I still pass him by 1/2 car length by the time I hit 60mph. I catch him down the road a few sec later and stated I missed 2nd, and he replied he figured since I didn't kill him like he expected.

2. After the 300, I make a turn coming home and I see a WRX turn onto the road infront of me. I flash he but I wasn't sure if he saw me. Light turns green and I redline 1st and go into 2nd and catch up to him. I wave and smile and continue to drive. Then I noice him coming up fast on my left, so as he's next to me I floor 2nd at 45mph. I quickly match his speed and pass him once in 3rd. I slowed down and asked him to pull over. We chatted for a few secs and he's stock + CAI.

3. I raced an ITR a few weeks back and had the same problem. People seem to know about the WRX so I figured I'd give them a chance. Unless it's a "fast" car, I won't go all out and launch. ITR launches and I start as normal. I missed the 1st > 2nd shift. That's twice now and I'm not happy. I hit the gate and rev, I usually don't let off the clutch unless I feel the car go into 2nd. From an outsider perspective it looks like I'm reving at then between shifts but that's not my point. In both cases I still win up to 60mph before we shut down but I wish I'd had gotten into 2nd.

It was fun since I haven't had fun in a long time. I need to work on my 1st > 2nd shifts. I guess since I haven't done anything for a while, I've lost my "touch." I guess I'll just need to practice more.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice

your car is quick
    Last edited by j-style; 02-10-2004 at 07:56 PM.
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Yo

Haha, actually I wish had an STI w/ turboback. Then I'd be "relatively" fast pushing 285+whp. I haven't been to the dyno nor run on the drag so I don't know my numbers. I wish I had not missed my 1st > 2nd shift; practice will make perfect. I have other priorities now and thus the "only" reason I don't have an STI. I'm still waiting to see normal "bolt on" on the STI to push 300+whp.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Man, you sure handicap your opponents with your "rules"

There aren't too many cars on the street that are going to beat you up to 60mph. Is that how you typically race? Only to 60mph and then you shut down? I'm not knocking you, just asking.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Yo

I try to be fair when I'm just having fun. However if people give me the "cocky" attitude or I "know" it's a fast car then I'll do the launch. I usually reserve AWD launch for "special" cases. I usually race from X-100 but there was a turn coming up and cops usually around so I was being "smart" ( relative term ) doing 60 max in a 40 zone. It's much easier to brake from 60-50 than 100-50. I think "racing" is fun if everyone has a good attitude.
    2004 STI White/Gold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.