What u guys think about the CHEVY CAPRICE?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What u guys think about the CHEVY CAPRICE? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well as some of you know my car was stolen and i came upon a great deal on a chevy ...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

What u guys think about the CHEVY CAPRICE?

Well as some of you know my car was stolen and i came upon a great deal on a chevy caprice 1975. Its white with white leather interior. Its a convertiable which is pretty neat.

I really miss my rex but wantto move on...what u guys think of it? i no nothing about american cars...i think its a "chevy block" (whatever that means) and has 350 hp...right?

Thanks!!
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you say 1975?

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

glasspakcs and a holly four barrel will do magic on that motor and bolt on some hooker headers your good to WHOOP ASS
    if its not fast it better be a show car

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    yes i did say 1975....lol

Any one know a lot about this stuff? or should post in a hardcore american muscle forum.?lol

Yea its a 1975 with 40,xxx miles!!!!! stock engine

It will be pimp but i wantto knwo if these things are quick at all?
    Last edited by Jack; 02-10-2004 at 07:42 PM.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

they can be quick but i doubt theya re quick off the line cuz they are BEASTY
    if its not fast it better be a show car

I had a 77 Impala which is basically the same set up as the 75 Caprice. While it does have a 350 in it, it is rated at about 180-190 horses. During the 70's, the auto industry cut way back on performance due to the oil embargo. Still, the thing has a 350 that with a few parts can live up to its potential.
    I loved my Impala. The thing was unstoppable. Some dude on the freeway in front of me dropped a huge storage shelf out of the back of his truck. I was thundering down the freeway at 80 in the passing lane, with a full load of friends in the car. I couldn't swerve to miss it, I had no choice but to ram the thing. I hit it and sent it flying into the median. I got out to check my car and there wasn't a scratch on it. The shelf wasn't a lucky.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

I'm thinking *lowrider*.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

My brother's got a 94 Caprice Classic with the LT1 motor, sway bars, intake, exhaust, stiffened and lowered. The thing hauls pretty nicely and with his setup it handles fairly well to. You can't quite fling it around like a WRX but it sticks well. Only problem is he has the leather bench seats and after a few turns everyone is sliding side to side
    nothing but nothing

To make 350 HP you will need to spend some $$. I had a 1977 Cutlass and it made 220 HP. To make 350HP you will need new cam, lifters, Intake manifold, carb and full exhaust. You will also have to port and polish the heads. Can be done, but it will cost some $$.

Originally posted by scrscars
    My brother's got a 94 Caprice Classic with the LT1 motor, sway bars, intake, exhaust, stiffened and lowered. The thing hauls pretty nicely and with his setup it handles fairly well to. You can't quite fling it around like a WRX but it sticks well. Only problem is he has the leather bench seats and after a few turns everyone is sliding side to side
    Imagine how people fly in the back a wrx with leather. It hillarious, i do it inparticually to people who are too "cool" for seat belts.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

I had an '81 Caprice a while back and loved that car. I got rid of it when I bought my '94 Police Package (9C1) Caprice. Both were awesome cars.

I only put intake and exhaust on the '94. I did a motor/trans/rear/suspension swap on the '81.

I still have a police package posi rear w/ police suspension that came off the '81. If you buy that '77 and want the parts, let me know and we can work out a deal. I'm in the Lehigh Valley, PA.
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Slap some nitrous on that bad boy.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Paint it yellow, and use it to earn money so you can buy what you really want later on.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Bah! Don't buy it. Waste of time and money. Get something easier to mod, like a GN. The question is, what do you want to use your car for?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Bah! Don't buy it. Waste of time and money. Get something easier to mod, like a GN. The question is, what do you want to use your car for?
    Easier to mod? I don't know that you'll find anything easier to mod than that Caprice. There's plenty of room to work on everything. It'll take any small block or big block GM every made along with any matching trans and it has the simple, yet reliable, "factory" four link suspension.

I've modded a lot of cars and I didn't find any easier than the "B" body Chevys.
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.