What u guys think about the CHEVY CAPRICE? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What u guys think about the CHEVY CAPRICE? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Jack, how much are you lookin to spend on a car? I may have something a little more "modern" for ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Jack, how much are you lookin to spend on a car? I may have something a little more "modern" for you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Well i already put a bid of 4000 on it. The pictures i got make the car look so sweet. I will know by monday if i got it or not.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Originally posted by Jack
    Well i already put a bid of 4000 on it. The pictures i got make the car look so sweet. I will know by monday if i got it or not.
    $4,000 for a '77 Caprice?!?!?! . It better be REALLY nice.
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    not a 77, a 75, and it has 40,000 miles,its in PERFECT CONDTION, they guy who had it before reitred in fl.

I just found out its not the 350 engine but the one above it...490? or soemthing...
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Bigger than the 350 standard in that? Hmm...400? 454? I dunno what else they offered that year for the Caprice.

I just found out its not the 350 engine but the one above it...490? or soemthing...
    At least you know what you are bidding on. Oh wait...

I still say paint it yellow, and go hang out by the airport and pickup strangers.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

not a 77, a 75, and it has 40,000 miles,its in PERFECT CONDTION, they guy who had it before reitred in fl.

OK then, $4,000 for a '75 Caprice. That is A LOT of money for that car, 40k original miles or not.

It probably has the small block 400, unless you'd be lucky enough to have a 396 or 454 big block.
    Rob

I have seen some 74 - 75 go for over 5k.

Here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2458568109

1975 Caprice with 32,000 miles on it. Reserve price has already been met, and the top bid is only $1500.00 (as of now). Feel free to send me a finders fee, considering I'm saving you from wasti--, er, spending 4 g's...

And no, a stock Caprice will not be fast. Think 18+ second quarter mile times, in all liklihood, for a landyacht that big. And that "fast" only if it's running halfway decent. Seriously, if you're gonna get a pre 1980 car, at least go for a muscle car that LOOKS good, weighs a lot less, and has potential down the road to be turned into something fun, fast, and cool. None of which I could envision a 1975 Caprice, being. But hey, if you wanna share knitting stories with the other grandmothers that still drive those things, I'm sure the other owners will welcome you right in!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I would also like to add that if you want a Caprice, I'd go for the "square" style that started '77 or '78 I think. You can get them cheap and they have a lot of potential. There were even a few 2 door cars.

The older "land yacht" style are just too big, IMO.

The "square" style was made up to '91. '92 started the round style. There was a police package for the Caprice for all years. LT1 police package cars were from '94 - '96 and were AWESOME cars. The Caprice was killed after '96.

I would look for a police package car (9C1). You have a better platform to start from if you're looking for performance.
    Rob

Originally posted by copracer288
    OK then, $4,000 for a '75 Caprice. That is A LOT of money for that car, 40k original miles or not.

It probably has the small block 400, unless you'd be lucky enough to have a 396 or 454 big block.
    I think you guys are forgetting that it's a vert. So there's a cool factor build into the price.
    99 Cobra- Rio Red
    286rwhp 290rwtq (stock)
    MODS- Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Eibach springs, 03 Cobra Bilstein shocks, Bassini X-pipe w/cats

89 Saleen #342 Mods:Cobra intake,B303 cam,65mm throttle body,75mm bullet mass air,stock ported heads,24lb injectors,1.72 rocker arms,shorty headers,BBK hi-flow cats,2 chamber flowmasters,3.55 gears

236rwhp 276rwtq - Modded

OK, thanks guys, when i asked what you think of the car i didnt expectsome of you to bash me. Im sorry my 24,000 car with 4,000 in mods got stolen

i thought the car was neat and classy. Have fun with your rexs. Ill take my questions somewhere else and post on another forum for now on.,

tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

I have seen some 1974 - 1975 conv go for as much as 12k. My father had a 1972 with the 400 cid and that car was great. Do not listen to all the haters. Get you pimp car and enjoy it this summer. Can you post a link to the car?

I had 1975 Chevy Impala (same frame) for my first car. 1975 was the first year emissions equipment went into effect. In spite of having a 350cid V8, the car was slow. It was finicky to start in the winter and the brakes were terrible.

1975 = BAD YEAR FOR CARS

Go 1974 or older.

-Jim

Hey, you asked what people thought of the car. How this exactly fits in this forum anyway is a head scratcher, but oh well... If you can't handle people criticizing a car that you don't even own yet, well, you're gonna have an even tougher time dealing with it once you actually get a car that doesn't appeal to certain people. Ultimately, buy what makes you happy and meets your needs, regardless of what others, like myself, might have to say about it.

I don't see what having your $28,000 car stolen has to do with our opinion on your potential replacement vehicle. The image of a 75 Caprice just doesn't seem to fit someone who recently had a WRX or any type of sporty car, for that matter. Unless you're paranoid about having your car stolen again, and in that case, the 75 Caprice will definitely not attract the attention of too many would be car thieves!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.