WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok im no expert...but when i told my friend with a type r that i could smoke him in a ...

WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R

ok im no expert...but when i told my friend with a type r that i could smoke him in a 1/4 mile...i was literally laughed at by 5 people....they went on to tell me that my wrx has awd and all that drivetrain loss crap and it was "heavy"
    ok so from what ive read the type r pulls a 0-60 of about 6.3 and i 1/4 mile (official of 15.4@93)
    however....ive also heard claims of that thing being stock 14.5's.....what is that???are they all lying about there stock times or is this attributed to the fact that they are handbuilt and maybe slightly different...anyway when we go to the track im fairly sure ill smoke his ass with a 5k clutch drop....comments plz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn, I am so sick of hearing these dudes with Hondas thinking that the Type-R is all that. I'll admit, I had a Honda back in the day and used to think the type-R was the heat.

They run 15's in the 1/4. Not earth shattering times (neither are the WRX's times for that matter.)

I say take it to the track and kick his azz seabass!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I Support ClubWRX
    Type R's are awesome cars, but a Rex will eat it alive in acceleration. Honda boys are teh suck.

Edit: I've heard of several people swearing that a Type R will hit 14s in the 1/4, but I've never seen one do it at the track. Personally, I think a perfectly driven one will hit 14.9 or so...but a WRX should best that by almost a full second.
    Last edited by Integra96; 02-09-2004 at 08:42 PM.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

ya i was also a honda owner and i was teatering between the integra type r and wrx for my next car! i choose the wrx and am so happy i did! go beat his teggy TYPE R man!

P.S. if he thinks the awd is so bad ask him to stay with you in the rain!
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

the fastest Type R taht ive seen was14.8@93mph and it had CAI, exhaust and header on radials.

Danny
    04 SRT-4

244whp/282trq (Stock)

yes yes ive gone through this a million times only to be laughed at...these are no noobs either they know their stuff about cars...but they still swear to the word that a stock integra can push LOW 14's....i tell them nothing with less than 200 hp can even break 14(i may be wrong)...and i also tell them that their fw launch will be teh suc|<

Just race him so you can lugh in HIS face.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    /hijack

turbolag: those numbers in your sig are just

Your stock Dodge really did that?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

lol why did u even listen to those guys. This should not even b a question the WRX will win no contest.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

that 200 hp breaking 14 stuff is B.S. its all in the wight of the cra some of thsoe civic htachs and crxs hit mid 14s on a 160 motor
    if its not fast it better be a show car

god, it kills me when everyone think that a car is heavy when it weighs more than 2500lbs. i think that most people are pretty ignorant when it comes to actual weights of cars...HAHA people think that the wrx is heavy b/c of awd?? the car is a freakin 4 door awd and weighs what a lil under 3100lbs? the z06 vette is about 3000lbs and its pretty damn light...a type r weighs 2650lbs so not a HUGE difference people just always act like a car weighs WAAAY less than it really does and it pisses me off

just race him and beat him and ask him if the type r sticker gave him any hp!!!
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

What does he have done to his car? How good of a driver are you? I have seen MANY Type R's run mid 14's with just I/H/E. I have also seen MANY WRX's with people that can't drive run 15's all day. If you can drive, no problem, if he has more done, maybe a problem. I just hate to see everyone underestimate a car like that. If you boosted that car, it would easily hand our cars our asses easily. Remember that it's rated at 200hp without any forced induction. Our cars only have 27 more hp with a turbo.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by torqueterror
    a type r weighs 2650lbs so not a HUGE difference people just always act like a car weighs WAAAY less than it really does and it pisses me off
    In the world of racing, 400lbs IS huge.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by DrewToTheC
    just race him and beat him and ask him if the type r sticker gave him any hp!!!
    Are you saying that an Integra Type R with the stock Type R sticker on it is rice?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast