WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX ______________________________________________ My point exactly. Front wheel drive is also a handicap like AWD drive is. I ...

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX

My point exactly. Front wheel drive is also a handicap like AWD drive is. I am getting sick of this "driver's race" thing. All races are up to the driver. I could race an idiotic Viper R/T driver who cannot drive a stick, and win. Did I beat the Viper? NO Racing from a roll doesn't recquire much skill.......mash the gas and don't miss a shift. Pretty simple. I also find the lack of top end arguement perplexing. The WRX has descent top end and pulls nicely to at least 100mph. Most races are long over before that anyway. The Celica board claims of (GT-S I am guessing) beating an Evo from a roll is ridiculous. I know if I beat an Evo from any speed the driver of the Evo was not racing or couldn't drive. Here we go again......a driver's race. It's not though, the Evo is quicker and faster AND I CAN ADMIT THIS FACT. [/B]
    Imagine how I feel. If you have a problem with a race being considered a "driver's race" then you're going to be angry a whole lot. We use "driver's race" in the context that 2 cars are almost equal in speed and it will ultimatly come down to who's the best driver. A WRX vs. a RSX-S from a roll is CERTAINLY a driver's race. Trap speeds indicate this time and time again. I don't know how much more proof you'd like.

From a dig, it is NOT a driver's race. If a stock WRX loses to a stock RSX-S then its out of sheer stupidity on the WRX's part. He didn't want to launch hard woudl be my guess.

I'm not going to admit something that's false, i.e. that a RSX-S can't beat a WRX from a roll. That's completely false. If I were stock, I'd say "get a stock WRX to race me from a roll and we'll get back to you guys" but unfortunately I'm not stock so it wouldn't be fair.

And we can't find a similarly modded WRX because there is no such thing I've gotta be honest with you, I think some of the WRX guys are having more trouble seeing the truth to this matter than anyone else. And if you don't like racing from a roll, don't do it. But please don't say it takes no skill - if you select the wrong gear or can't rev match for ****, you're going to lose badly and that's skill my friend.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why can't you hard headed scooby owners believe that a rsx most likely will pull on stock wrx in top-end? It's a high reving motor with good gear ratio. Also, weighs a couple hundread lbs less with 200hp on tap. It's tq isn't that great, but tq is what gets you off the line and hp is for up top.

Our scooby on the other hand, has lack of top end (small turbo with restrictive exhaust). AWD good for launch but bad on roll because we have a lost of drivetrain. That's why we have 227hp and dyno only around 163 to the wheels.
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 02-19-2004 at 06:52 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

ok....why does every wrx vs. the world thread contain the words "wrx has bad top end because of awd drivetrain loss"...i think everyone in this forum has heard that crap a million times..please...please close the thread

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ok....why does every wrx vs. the world thread contain the words "wrx has bad top end because of awd drivetrain loss"...i think everyone in this forum has heard that crap a million times..please...please close the thread
    You must know nothing about AWD huh man? oh well...

ok i really really really didnt want to bring this thread up out of the dirt i know its dead but does anyone know how much new tires will help this stock integra-r...the track opens feb 28 my time is running out...he says he is stock except for "expensive tires"???

The Type R came stock with pretty serious rubber. I forget the model, but it was a Bridgeston tire. It actually resembled the STi tires (RE070) becuase they were very sticky and much like a slick. Changing the tires wouldn't really help the Type R unless he was rocking all season rubber in which case a stickier tire can only help with traction (obviously). Interesting comment none-the-less.
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

while were at it mr mab....lets eliminate two birds with one stone...does ur rex beat ur 330???

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    You must know nothing about AWD huh man? oh well...
    i don't get what you're saying... are you saying that AWD doesn't give a loss up top?

yeah his statement was definitely unclear.. the academic community frowns on his conclusion. maybe he should use the aol typer thing.

while were at it mr mab....lets eliminate two birds with one stone...does ur rex beat ur 330???
    Haha, i get this question a lot actually. It goes both ways. 0-110 WRX beats it, no questions asked. Its a quicker car (plus the 330i is auto, not that it changes anything in a BMW other than off the line).(If the 330i were a 5-spd results would change only slightly and having driven the 5-spd the WRX is still quicker.) Above 110 the BMW shines. Its almost like the two cars switch roles. At 110 the WRX loses its heavy pull and the 330i pulls harder and harder. It's great going 120 in a German car, mashing the throttle, and it still downshifts and pulls. So, basically if you arent being foolish on the street the WRX wins, although not by much...
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    i don't get what you're saying... are you saying that AWD doesn't give a loss up top?
    Read my post up top again.

Originally posted by burrito007
    yeah his statement was definitely unclear.. the academic community frowns on his conclusion. maybe he should use the aol typer thing.
    Same goes to you too (if you know how to read).

yes wicked...read what you replied to up top...your post was bass ackwards

wicked... we know it has bad top... i know it has bad top.. cakepanman knows it has bad top...

sooo... cakepanman said... why does everyone keep saying the wrx is bad up top BECAUSE WE KNOW ALREADY

we're not arguing about the stupid rsx here.... we're talking about the integra type R..

We're not talking about a 70 - 100 race... we're talking ONLY OFF THE LINE QUARTER MILE

if YOU would read our first posts here, you would know that Cake is betting someone some money on the 1/4 at englishtown drag strip... not on a 70 - 100 race.

GGNORETHNKS

i really didnt want to play a part in resurecting this thread, but o well...

I think with the wrx's top end: Its not that great, no doubt, but its also not as bad as many think. See, other than the launch, 3rd gear is really strong in the wrx, and boosts really well. I think the problem is that you go from your hardest pulling, best gear (3rd) straight to one of your worsts. which is 4th. I Dont think the top end is that bad, its just that the wrx goes from hard pulling 3rd, to die down 4th, so the difference seems more than it really is, which entails the top end seeming worse than it really is.

I have no doubt that the top end in my integra is better than my friends wrx w/axle-back, intake, turbo timer. and yes, his car pulls hard in his 1,2,3 gears, but its not THAT bad in 4th, it just happens to be where my integra shines. integra and wrx are literally oposites. I think this thread should be temperarely closed until we get the results of the race, so we can discuss this over some relatable solid ground.

ive said my peice for now

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.