WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX Stats obtained from-Car & Driver wrx 0-30: 2 0-40: 3.2 0-50: 4.5 0-70: 8.6 0-80: 10.8 ...

Re: Cannot believe this thread is still alive.....

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Stats obtained from-Car & Driver

wrx
    0-30: 2
    0-40: 3.2
    0-50: 4.5
    0-70: 8.6
    0-80: 10.8
    0-90: 13.5
    0-100: 15.5
    0-110:
    0-120: 25.2
    1/4 mile 14.1@96

rsx type-s
    0-30: 2.4
    0-40: 3.5
    0-50: 4.7
    0-70: 8
    0-80: 10.2
    0-90: 12.9
    0-100: 16.4
    0-110: 20.3
    0-120: 27.2
    1/4 mile 14.8@95
    0-60-(5.4 wrx) (6.1 rsx)
    70-100-(6.9 wrx) (8.4 rsx)
    100-120-(9.7 wrx) (10.8 wrx)

Yes, I used the stats from a 2002 RSX type S which is .1 second quicker to 60 and has the same 1/4 mile time as the Type R. As you can see the WRX is quicker AND has better top end. The numbers do not lie. Look above again....... "But, but, but the Type R can run low 14's bone stock!". Bla, bla, bla, I have also heard stock WRX's running high 13's stock too. If the Type R wins it is only due to driver error in the WRX or mods done to the Type R. CASE CLOSED. Can you 2 just race and get this thread closed please???
    Hey mag racer, those stats are whack and aren't indicitive of anything on the street. All it shows is that stock v. stock, a WRX and a RSX-S should be fairly close in rolling races (since both cars trap within 1 mph of each other). You are also illustrating that the WRX is faster 0-60mph, yet on those stats you showed the RSX-S is almost a half second faster from 0-70mph, 0-80mph and 0-100mph. Does that make sense to you? Bench racing SUCKS ass! WRX owns RSX-S from a dig. From a roll, its a driver's race. I've said that 1000000 times already.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry made a mistake in my last post.

should read:
    100-120-(9.7 wrx) (10.8 rsx)
    accidentally had wrx for both times.....

Also what year is the Type R in question? Seems they are slower in the 1997 and 1998 models.

Obtained from C&D March, 1997
    0-60: 6.6
    1/4 Mile: 15.2
    1/4 Speed: 93

Obtained from MT October, 1998
    0-60: 6.6
    1/4 Mile: 15.1
    1/4 Speed: 94

I raced an Integra with a type R motor and exhaust/intake, walked him badly from a ROLL.
    2004 WRX

Hey mag racer, those stats are whack and aren't indicitive of anything on the street. All it shows is that stock v. stock, a WRX and a RSX-S should be fairly close in rolling races (since both cars trap within 1 mph of each other). You are also illustrating that the WRX is faster 0-60mph, yet on those stats you showed the RSX-S is almost a half second faster from 0-70mph, 0-80mph and 0-100mph. Does that make sense to you? Bench racing SUCKS ass! WRX owns RSX-S from a dig. From a roll, its a driver's race. I've said that 1000000 times already.

I see your an RSX owner defending your pride and joy. Yeah maybe those stats are "whack" as you say. I cannot believe I used "whack" in a sentence. Anyway with the above stats here is the scenario. Out of the hole the WRX jumps out, then somewhere between 60 and 70 the RSX takes a lead. Then somewhere after 90 the WRX takes the lead back. This is weird. Maybe these stats are "whack", but it holds alot more water than heresay on the street. Of course these stats are stock vs. stock. Does the RSX get a 2 mod handicap or what? Every race IS a drivers race. Equal drivers the WRX wins 0-60, 1/4 mile, and 0-120. This thread is called WRX vs. Type R, not 16 year old kid in WRX vs. seasoned type R driver. Equal drivers is assumed. "Fairly close" only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.....it's still a loss.
    2004 WRX

Ok, maybe "whack" was a little old school and I apologize for jumping on you for the wrong reasons. You basically dug up a thread that should have been resolved a few days ago.

You can check up on all the posts I've made regarding the RSX and the WRX and you'll see I am far from a fanboy. In fact, my last sentance should clue you into that. I said, and I have repeatedly said, that the WRX will smash the RSX-S out of the hole BUT have more problems with one from a roll and it most certainly IS a driver's race from a roll-on. I can pull hundreds of slips to prove that, in terms of the fact that both cars trap roughly the same in the 1/4 mile. That's not street heresay...that's cold hard facts.

I'm sorry, I just can't stand mag racing. But I do apologize, I shouldn't have jumped on you for posting that. And as you already said, something about those numbers do not make sense.

Edit: I did want to point out one thing. Out of the hole, the WRX is going to put a few cars on the RSX-S. So how can the RSX-S take the lead after 60mph? Those stats do not make sense and are "whack" J/k, now I'm laughing at myself

I'm sorry, I just can't stand mag racing. But I do apologize, I shouldn't have jumped on you for posting that. And as you already said, something about those numbers do not make sense.

It's all good. You do have a point with the mag racing. You look at all the times for the same car and they are different. Those times really don't make any sense at all after your post made me look at them closer. I obtained those times from car-stats.com. The only way to settle this is to have 2 of these cars fresh off the lot and have the same driver test both on the same track, same temp etc. etc. Both great cars in my opinion. These 2 just need to race and get it over with.
    2004 WRX

This reminds me of pre-game

Where you all know the patriots are going to beat the panthers, but you have to hear all of the reasons why they won't. Then they do and nobody's surprised cause the T-shirts, hats and newspapers are already printed.

Seriously people, i just read through 6 pages of semi-retarded and fully retarded posts looking for some race results here.

uke
    The problem with the GTP and RGS is once moving if you nail it, it only downshifts 1 gear instead of 2! My friends GTP runs a 12.9 in the 1/4 mile and he still has the stock ECU and loses to me in a stock WRX when we race from a roll.
    True, although there are PCM's (our version of a chip) that remove the limiter, increase transmission line pressure (giving neck-snapping shifts), improves top end speed, AND allow skipshifts (4-2 and 3-1 skipshifts). I just installed my DHP (custom PCM) last night and can't wait to really test it out. It overall removes a LOT of the GTP's weaknesses.

Not a flame, just giving a little in-depth info.

Ya dont be dissin smokey... he's one of the most level headed RSX owners, certainly on this board. Far from the cocky anti-subaru picture you are trying to make him paint.

Chill out already... smoke the peace pipe
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

RSX-S will outrun Rex from roll. No questions on that. NOw, as for type R, I've never ran with one, or even seen one in reality, so I won't make any judgement. But I've heard it really fairs up to RSX-S. So I'm guessing it'll outrun Rex on the roll and even in twisties.

True, although there are PCM's (our version of a chip) that remove the limiter, increase transmission line pressure (giving neck-snapping shifts), improves top end speed, AND allow skipshifts (4-2 and 3-1 skipshifts). I just installed my DHP (custom PCM) last night and can't wait to really test it out. It overall removes a LOT of the GTP's weaknesses.
    Thanks for responding! Those cars are monsters when modded. Its a shame the stock computer isnt designed for speed! But UKE let me know how that new computer works out so i can relay this onto my friend. His car is nasty but the worst park is the single gear down shift. Oh well and PS i appreciate you being respectful of cars other than your own and obviously you are true enthusiast.
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

RSX-S will outrun Rex from roll. No questions on that. NOw, as for type R, I've never ran with one, or even seen one in reality, so I won't make any judgement. But I've heard it really fairs up to RSX-S. So I'm guessing it'll outrun Rex on the roll and even in twisties.
    rsx-s outruns wrx from a roll??? i did not know this

Originally posted by nyxjf
    That's news to me. The RSX-S takes like 18 seconds to get a 100 mph from a stop whereas the WRX takes 16 seconds. Considering the WRX's 0 to 60 will not be 2 seconds faster than the RSX from 0 to 60 mph, I really question that statement. I sometimes think that the whole "WRX can't run above 60 mph due to AWD loss" is played way too much. Hell, the celica board use to have a thread on how the celica can outrun an lan evo on a roll. A race between the RSX S and the WRX is more of a driver's race.
    Last edited by Impreza01; 02-19-2004 at 04:44 AM.

Originally posted by Impreza01
    A race between the RSX S and the WRX is more of a driver's race.
    Exactly...I've said this a hundred times already. From a dig, WRX owns stock RSX-S. From a roll, its a driver's race. Trap speeds should prove that point.

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    rsx-s outruns wrx from a roll??? i did not know this
    what did you think the advantages were of a ff honda with better gearing and less weight?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

That's news to me. The RSX-S takes like 18 seconds to get a 100 mph from a stop whereas the WRX takes 16 seconds. Considering the WRX's 0 to 60 will not be 2 seconds faster than the RSX from 0 to 60 mph, I really question that statement. I sometimes think that the whole "WRX can't run above 60 mph due to AWD loss" is played way too much. Hell, the celica board use to have a thread on how the celica can outrun an lan evo on a roll. A race between the RSX S and the WRX is more of a driver's race.

My point exactly. Front wheel drive is also a handicap like AWD drive is. I am getting sick of this "driver's race" thing. All races are up to the driver. I could race an idiotic Viper R/T driver who cannot drive a stick, and win. Did I beat the Viper? NO Racing from a roll doesn't recquire much skill.......mash the gas and don't miss a shift. Pretty simple. I also find the lack of top end arguement perplexing. The WRX has descent top end and pulls nicely to at least 100mph. Most races are long over before that anyway. The Celica board claims of (GT-S I am guessing) beating an Evo from a roll is ridiculous. I know if I beat an Evo from any speed the driver of the Evo was not racing or couldn't drive. Here we go again......a driver's race. It's not though, the Evo is quicker and faster AND I CAN ADMIT THIS FACT.
    2004 WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.