WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What mods do you have on your REX, just out of curiosity? Smokey- My WRX is stock. I am a ...

What mods do you have on your REX, just out of curiosity?
    Smokey-
    My WRX is stock. I am a HUGE fan of the RSX Type S especially after driving it I just am partial to AWD becuase of where i live. And I know people at SOA so I get Subarus for invoice without question! I have been club racing with my dad for years so I can drive quite well. Stock for stock I know the WRX will beat a Type S from a roll, but I was actually suprised I beat him by a HUGE margin based on what I have read on these forums (however I have driven with this same kid after we raced and he isnt really great when it comes to downshifting smoothly aswell as quick shifting... Neadless to say, I still dig the RSX, and based on the mods I read in your signature, I am SURE your Type S is a pretty serious ride! Enjoy it!
    -Marc

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mabf355

From a 60 roll you smoked a RSX-S by 6 cars? You have got to be kidding!
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

From a 60 roll you smoked a RSX-S by 6 cars? You have got to be kidding!
    Wicked- Honestly I am dead serious. And i think I am UNDER stating 6 cars. Maybe he gave up becuase I kept it punched until i hit 130mph, but I am not even making this up. I Know anything is possible on the street but i didnt believe it happend. I even asked him if it was the Type S! He started out infront of me and nailed it when traffic cleared and i dropped from 5th to 3rd at like 60mph and passed him easily and just kept on going. When i began to slow down, he got closer (obviously) but it blew me away. Now I am well aware the RSX should have a similar or better top end then the WRX, but I still believe he didnt give it his all, even though he was real bitter when i saw him at school later that day! Personally the WRX's top end is hated on way to much. Its not as bad as anyone says it is, but its not that great either!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Originally posted by Mabf355
    Personally the WRX's top end is hated on way to much. Its not as bad as anyone says it is, but its not that great either!
    -Marc
    seriously. any car with rwd or fwd can supposedly beat a wrx...from a roll. I bet 1wd cars with only one wheel being powered could pull hard, cuz you know there's not as much AWD drivetrain loss...
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ok so one last time anyone...what is the best time u ever seen a completly stock type R run
    ok i dont have proof but i ran a 14.53 stock
    Last edited by racerWRX; 01-23-2006 at 01:53 PM.
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

Dont be cocky with a stock wrx... Heres a list of cars that have superior to stock wrx high mph roll performance that i have encountered on the street.

Caddilac STS
    Caddilac DTS
    RSX (S)
    Nissan Altima
    Nissan Maxima
    Buick Regal GS
    Pontiac Grand Prix

They all have an advantage over the wrx from a roll, but still finish behind it in the quarter mile. Most of these accounts i have noticed on the street, and by driving a few of them.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Dont be cocky with a stock wrx... Heres a list of cars that have superior to stock wrx high mph roll performance that i have encountered on the street.
    Midnight-I dont agree with your list, and I would have to make some minor corrections: Remember certain cars, like the Cadys are usually governed to around 130ish, and if you get the jump in the WRX which will always be the case(unless you mis-shift) you wont lose becuase their gearing is not designed for top end. So here is what I got:

Cadillac STS: 300HP stock, but again governed to a low speed as all american luxury sedans are. Still a quick car for what it is.
    Cadillac DTS: Umm this is the DeVille Touring Sedan! My grandmother in Florida drives this and I dont condsider this a major threat to the WRX at any speed!
    RSX (S): Drivers race, could go either way! I still favor the WRX though.
    Nissan Altima: ONLY the 3.5SE (240hp V6) but I still favor the WRX.
    Nissan Maxima: Just the 2001 + with the 3.5 Liter V6 6-spd is the only Max we need to worry about. My dad had a 96 Max SE 5-spd which pulled hard from a roll, but the WRX would beat it!
    Buick Regal GS: Have horrible top end! Can we add the Park Ave. Ultra too, my other grandmother has that!
    Pontiac Grand Prix: Again same as the REGAL GS horrible top end. They are governed to 120! I raced a modded GTP, and 0-120 he was ahead the whole time by 1 car and at 105 i started to pull him and i passed him by 115mph! NO LIE! By 120 i was a car a head! The problem with the GTP and RGS is once moving if you nail it, it only downshifts 1 gear instead of 2! My friends GTP runs a 12.9 in the 1/4 mile and he still has the stock ECU and loses to me in a stock WRX when we race from a roll.

I think your list is, well, way off. Not to seem like an a$$hole, but there must be some skilled Cadillac drivers in your area if you have lost to them, or your skills must be lacking. But then again, if you give them the jump, you wont pull on them, but they will not beat you that bad! This would only occur at a roll from like 55mph.

PS- Cadillac, is spelled with two L's not two D's- You: Caddilac

Sorry if this came off as rude, but you need to re-evaluate these cars and drive them all at actually high speeds (above 100) then get back to us with what i can assure you are different results.
    -Marc

Wicked- Honestly I am dead serious. And i think I am UNDER stating 6 cars. Maybe he gave up becuase I kept it punched until i hit 130mph, but I am not even making this up. I Know anything is possible on the street but i didnt believe it happend. I even asked him if it was the Type S! He started out infront of me and nailed it when traffic cleared and i dropped from 5th to 3rd at like 60mph and passed him easily and just kept on going. When i began to slow down, he got closer (obviously) but it blew me away. Now I am well aware the RSX should have a similar or better top end then the WRX, but I still believe he didnt give it his all, even though he was real bitter when i saw him at school later that day! Personally the WRX's top end is hated on way to much. Its not as bad as anyone says it is, but its not that great either!
    -Marc
    Dude, I don't mean to sound rude, but there's just no way that a stock WRX could pull 6+ cars on a properly driven stock RSX-S from a 60mph punch. You beat a terrible driver that probably downshifted into 4th gear instead of 3rd or something.

I'm not knocking the WRX's top end at all. But numbers don't lie - both cars trap roughly the same stock. 6+ cars - dude, in 3rd gear at 60mph, that's a great spot for the RSX-S.

He was either in 4th gear, or you have some mods that you aren't telling us about.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Dude, I don't mean to sound rude, but there's just no way that a stock WRX could pull 6+ cars on a properly driven stock RSX-S from a 60mph punch. You beat a terrible driver that probably downshifted into 4th gear instead of 3rd or something.
    Smokey: Remember ANYTHING can happen on the street. He was obviously a horrible driver at best, who only had the car a week or so before we raced. If i got the jump, it doesnt matter. I know the RSX is sweet in 3rd, but thats where the WRX makes full boost so I still think I would have the jump. Believe me, I am not praising myself for this because I know it was a rare event. He couldn't drive, and I condsider myself a better driver than most. I am sure his poor skills were the reason for the outcome. You will NEVER find me saying 9 out of 10 times a WRX with kill the Type S like this from a roll becuase its not my style and I know its not true. I just posted the story thats all.
    Plus I hate the controversies that come on this site becuase anything can happen on the street, so I wouldnt post a story I couldnt back up 100%.

-Marc

with just a catback I put multiple carlengths on an eshift is300. got videos to prove it, so I don't have to worry about convincing
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

with just a catback I put multiple carlengths on an eshift is300. got videos to prove it, so I don't have to worry about convincing
    Haha you dont need to convince me with that. I work at a Lexus dealer and the IS300 e-shift or 5-spd is a pathetic car! Well performance wise. Its much more comfortable than my 330i, but with the same size engine the performance doesnt even come close. I took one home for the weekend and had some trouble beating a Tiboron V6 on the highway!!
    Oh well, it looks cool i guess!
    -Marc

Originally posted by jungdragon
    Doesn't the IS300 have the 3.0 litre V6 that the Camry does? If so, they are slow.... Hehe, just kidding.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Midnight-I dont agree with your list, and I would have to make some minor corrections: Remember certain cars, like the Cadys are usually governed to around 130ish, and if you get the jump in the WRX which will always be the case(unless you mis-shift) you wont lose becuase their gearing is not designed for top end. So here is what I got:

Cadillac STS: 300HP stock, but again governed to a low speed as all american luxury sedans are. Still a quick car for what it is.
    Cadillac DTS: Umm this is the DeVille Touring Sedan! My grandmother in Florida drives this and I dont condsider this a major threat to the WRX at any speed!
    RSX (S): Drivers race, could go either way! I still favor the WRX though.
    Nissan Altima: ONLY the 3.5SE (240hp V6) but I still favor the WRX.
    Nissan Maxima: Just the 2001 + with the 3.5 Liter V6 6-spd is the only Max we need to worry about. My dad had a 96 Max SE 5-spd which pulled hard from a roll, but the WRX would beat it!
    Buick Regal GS: Have horrible top end! Can we add the Park Ave. Ultra too, my other grandmother has that!
    Pontiac Grand Prix: Again same as the REGAL GS horrible top end. They are governed to 120! I raced a modded GTP, and 0-120 he was ahead the whole time by 1 car and at 105 i started to pull him and i passed him by 115mph! NO LIE! By 120 i was a car a head! The problem with the GTP and RGS is once moving if you nail it, it only downshifts 1 gear instead of 2! My friends GTP runs a 12.9 in the 1/4 mile and he still has the stock ECU and loses to me in a stock WRX when we race from a roll.

I think your list is, well, way off. Not to seem like an a$$hole, but there must be some skilled Cadillac drivers in your area if you have lost to them, or your skills must be lacking. But then again, if you give them the jump, you wont pull on them, but they will not beat you that bad! This would only occur at a roll from like 55mph.

PS- Cadillac, is spelled with two L's not two D's- You: Caddilac

Sorry if this came off as rude, but you need to re-evaluate these cars and drive them all at actually high speeds (above 100) then get back to us with what i can assure you are different results.
    -Marc
    Sorry for spelling cadillac wrong... anyways... your grandmother's car chirps second gear, and burns the tires on a first gear downshift... 6.4 seconds t0 60... dont test the veterans.... they dont have to be good drivers... they just have to floor it

My friend has a 240hp v6 altima that will walk from me above 80, driven it too.

The Regal GS and GTP have sub 2.8 final drive ratio's, but are limited... make 280 ft lbs of torque.....they are strong from a roll, and a bone stock wrx will probably get walked
    anyways... youll disagree because we all know the stock wrx is an animal...

I believe my suggestions are VERY accurate
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by smokey
    You beat a terrible driver that probably downshifted into 4th gear instead of 3rd or something.
    for 6 car lengths, the driver of the rsx-s obviously upshifted to 6th.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Cannot believe this thread is still alive.....

Stats obtained from-Car & Driver

wrx
    0-30: 2
    0-40: 3.2
    0-50: 4.5
    0-70: 8.6
    0-80: 10.8
    0-90: 13.5
    0-100: 15.5
    0-110:
    0-120: 25.2
    1/4 mile 14.1@96

rsx type-s
    0-30: 2.4
    0-40: 3.5
    0-50: 4.7
    0-70: 8
    0-80: 10.2
    0-90: 12.9
    0-100: 16.4
    0-110: 20.3
    0-120: 27.2
    1/4 mile 14.8@95
    0-60-(5.4 wrx) (6.1 rsx)
    70-100-(6.9 wrx) (8.4 rsx)
    100-120-(9.7 wrx) (10.8 wrx)

Yes, I used the stats from a 2002 RSX type S which is .1 second quicker to 60 and has the same 1/4 mile time as the Type R. As you can see the WRX is quicker AND has better top end. The numbers do not lie. Look above again....... "But, but, but the Type R can run low 14's bone stock!". Bla, bla, bla, I have also heard stock WRX's running high 13's stock too. If the Type R wins it is only due to driver error in the WRX or mods done to the Type R. CASE CLOSED. Can you 2 just race and get this thread closed please???
    2004 WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.