WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You are being narrow minded about the S2K though. Why are you looking at it in strictly drag racing terms? ...

You are being narrow minded about the S2K though. Why are you looking at it in strictly drag racing terms? Its an increadble handling car, period. Its relatively quick as well.
    This thread went the wrong way. I think the S-2000 is a great sports car I was just arguing on the price being a bit high for it. They pushed the car into a different market with that price. I never said the car handled bad either or compared ours to it. I have also said in this thread that the SRT 4 does beat the WRX in the 1/4 and gave thumbs up to both the S-2000 and the SRT. I was just saying that that price warrents a little more than what is given, there have been some magazine writeups stating this too. Maybe we should let the thred die and get on with better things,,, CYA
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe we should let the thred die and get on with better things,,, CYA
    Agreed. Some people are taking this the wrong way. I actually believe it's not other cars people hate on, it's the people driving them! Obviously their run-ins have not been positive. This thread needs to die or change back to the topic at hand.
    Also, I couldn't agree more when you say that the WRX is the best value out there, because any car enthusiast can agree with that! HOWEVER, if the WRX isn't what you like, enjoy or see yourself driving (each person is different) then there are pleanty of other great cars out there. If this wasn't the case the world would be driving Impreza WRX's. Some of us bought the WRX for obvious reasons, and some less obvious, but needless to say I know pleanty of GTI, RSX, and SRT owners who LOVE their cars and respect the WRX, but have no desire to own a WRX.

-Marc

Agreed!!!! It would be boring if there was one sports car. I read about 10 car magazines a month and drool over most sports cars out there and respect all. Now back to the original thread

Well back to orignal topic, one of my best friends has a type R, and we race all the time. Seriously, that car needs some torque...its ridiculous. I had just exhaust and he had exhaust and intake, and i beat him sometimes by 2 or more cars, and hes a pretty good drvier because he did a 14.6 with just exhaust and intake at the track. I dont know, hondas arent really good drag cars, but i will tell you, the type R has ridiculously good handling. Ive driven it many times, and it just sticks to the road, and i cant beleive how fast you can go around the turns...but stock vs stock, wrx will beat the type R by alot, even from a roll, i did it even up to around 120 once....he was way in my rearview mirror...
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

ok...so here ur saying that a pretty much stock(cept for exhaust intake) pulled a 14.6...this makes me nervous...i was planning on a bone stock type r at BEST running a 14.9999 now u say 14.6, i bet this kid 100 bucks that id beat him by at least .5 this could be bad news...should i waive the bet...

Its all about launching the car good. You can lose to a 6.5 or even 7 second second car if you dont drive it right. The driver is the biggest factor in any stoplight or 1/4 mile race. And as for the previous post The car has great grip in the twisties, the japanese aftermarket has great suspension parts and I think honda has its teeth in it.

ok...so here ur saying that a pretty much stock(cept for exhaust intake) pulled a 14.6...this makes me nervous...i was planning on a bone stock type r at BEST running a 14.9999 now u say 14.6, i bet this kid 100 bucks that id beat him by at least .5 this could be bad news...should i waive the bet...
    How good is your friend at dragging? How good are you? Truthfully, I think the WRX will win(even if you struggle with a launch). Just practice a little before and you'll be fine!
    From a roll, you will win too. I raced a RSX Type S with a CAI from a 60-130mph roll on the high way once, and seriously put like 6 car lengths on him. Everyone on here says the RSX type S will run a WRX from a roll. I know first hand thats not the case. Oh well on the street anything can happen but i seriously killed this kid and im friends with him. I was turned off from the RSX til i drove it a week later and loved it, but also comfirmed how much faster the WRX is... Good luck and maybe do best out of three for 100 bucks...

-Marc

ok so one last time anyone...what is the best time u ever seen a completly stock type R run

ok so one last time anyone...what is the best time u ever seen a completly stock type R run
    It doesn't matter what the best time either car ran is because if you f-up your launch he will beat you. Not saying its a drivers race because the WRX is faster but i highly doubt you or your buddy can drive the WRX or the Type R to the same times that top rated magazines manage to get. Im sure its possibly, but you would have to get lucky with that. You should beat him if your in the mood to beat the rex a little. Have fun!

-Marc

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    just for safety reasons i wouldnt bet the money. unless you have a $100 to throw around. you car IS faster, but i am just letting you know that theres a damn good chance he will beat you. I drive a modded integra GS-R so i know about these cars pretty well. the thing you have to realize is that they are hard to drive properly. to get the best times you must utilize redline to its full potential, and use the lightness of the car to jump off the line quick.

IF HE CAN DRIVE his car is capable of around a 14.6 or so. if hes an average driver, expect high 14's. if he sucks, low to mid 15's.

personally i wouldnt bet the $100 because its really a sure win. if you even make the smallest mistake, he will be right on your a$$ ready to pull ahead. you said he can drive well so like i said expect times close to 14.6-14.9 (this is stock)

ok ill have to trust you on that by why is that thing listed everywhere as 15.3?..it baffles me

is this thread still going on? ffs.

put it this way, if you can drive then you'll win. if you can't you'll lose anyway, so why don't you just go find out?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

i dont know why they're even arguring about drag racing the type r vs a wrx, the type r is not meant for straight line performance, it was built with the twisties in mind.

Originally posted by Mabf355
    How good is your friend at dragging? How good are you? Truthfully, I think the WRX will win(even if you struggle with a launch). Just practice a little before and you'll be fine!
    From a roll, you will win too. I raced a RSX Type S with a CAI from a 60-130mph roll on the high way once, and seriously put like 6 car lengths on him. Everyone on here says the RSX type S will run a WRX from a roll. I know first hand thats not the case. Oh well on the street anything can happen but i seriously killed this kid and im friends with him. I was turned off from the RSX til i drove it a week later and loved it, but also comfirmed how much faster the WRX is... Good luck and maybe do best out of three for 100 bucks...

-Marc
    What mods do you have on your REX, just out of curiosity? And like everyone has said over and over again, if you can drive your WRX (original poster) you should beat the Type R from a dig or from a roll.

Its an old widow's tale that a stock RSX-S can outrun a stock WRX from a roll...just as it is that a WRX has no top end. Its all relative IMO.

I apologize for taking this thread OT in some instances, but I honestly believe that some people are being increadibly subjective about things they have said in regards to both the Type R and the Type S. But it is a WRX board so honestly, I would expect some favoritim towards your guys car. Go to a Type R or Type S board, and you totally different accounts of what should happen. That's life.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ok ill have to trust you on that by why is that thing listed everywhere as 15.3?..it baffles me
    I cant answer that for you. but let me ask you this. the integra GS-R runs between 15.1-15.6 and i have time slips to back it up. now the TYpe R has 30 more HP. like i have said many times. you have to know how to drive the car, thats why the times are so spread apart. i have a friend with intake and cat-back on his type R and he just ran a 14.5 and hes just above average as far as driving goes, he not excellent or anything.

if you dont mind putting $100 up for grabs, then go for it, theres a good chance you might win. but be prepared that he very well may beat you if you cant drive well. low 14's are for people that dont mind slipping the clutch at 5k and drive well. if your average dont expect better than a 14.4-14.6 out of your car. which is only a few ticks faster than a well driven type R.

i am not talking about what him and his car is capable of, i am talking about what the CAR is capable of. and no matter what anyone here says, its capable of mid to high 14's stock. since you are refering to magazines when i have time i will post an article from motor trend (i think it was) that got a 14.6 on a dead hot day in cali.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.