WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If I may direct your attention to the 1986(I think, might have been 89) F1 season. Seems a little 1.5 ...

If I may direct your attention to the 1986(I think, might have been 89) F1 season. Seems a little 1.5 liter HONDA turbo won all the races got pole position for all but one race. Granted the engine was hosed after qualifying, and needed a new lump for the race, but Honda knows turbos just as well as anyone. Dunno why they shy away from them now, the S2000 is screaming for a 9:1 compression built bottom with a snail strapped on. World-beater car right there.
    I will agree with you, Honda had a great stint with F1, I am a huge F1 fan ( I am still disturbed over Ayrton), I dont know at what point they gave up. Honda also has a great track record with touring cars (acura) and other series....Honda was (and still may be) on top of the world but without any performance for price bragging, they are in the dust. .................Waiting for the first race......
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am glad you aren't like the typical people on some forums. Atleast you have the facts to back up your arguments! So many times on here or any other forum you get morons who are plain ignorant when it comes to flaming other cars. Truth is there are so many great cars out there, and yes do I think the WRX is one of the best? Of course. There are no other cars that for under $25,000 can do so many things so well...bottom line! no argument! But at the same time, I think the GTI, RSX Type S, Type R, SRT-4, are great cars, and it all comes down to preferences!
    Nope It was a Dark Metallic Blue one in Eatontown NJ, Thanks for what you said, I was going to reply to a guy who just replied about a SRT4 and in all reality it has FWD and they dont have to deal with AWD breakdown, its not just our cars but all AWD cars, we have to be carefull in drag race situations but,,, in the twisties and not so perfect roads we will smoke them. BUT thats where the "Beauty of AWD" comes in. Our car is in direct ties with Rally racing.. not NASCAR or IHRA or NHRA. I want everyone here to tune into Speedchannel on sunday nights (Its when FIA Rally runs) it is usually every two weeks. WATCH IT

What I meant by the SRT 4 comment is they can launch the car hard without the worries that we have in launching hard, you have to give them a thumbs up though. The great thing about our car is that we will see less of the WRX's in the junkyard because of bad conditions...

The great thing about our car is that we will see less of the WRX's in the junkyard because of bad conditions...
    Now now, let's forget about our competitions downsides...i mean who cares about safety or control in the snow? hehe....also let me pose this question? If you compare a Jetta GL, Civic EX and a 2.5 RS how come you see so many Jettas and Civics, yet the best of the three as far as all around cars go is hands down the RS becuase of its avalible awd.....I am stuck on awd for life....its saved me too many times, and makes me feel so comfortable, i dont see how i could give it up.

this is an all out flame war...stop saying that an s2000 can outperform a subaru...if you give a kid with a 23,000 subaru the extra 10,000 hell have close to a 10 second car...i know a number of cars who have put in 10,000 and still are in low 13's...this is not true for a subaru...they are good drag racers stock as well as mod for mod...you can say u like the awd for the launch factor and also for rain and snow...good all around cars for their price..

this is an all out flame war...stop saying that an s2000 can outperform a subaru...if you give a kid with a 23,000 subaru the extra 10,000 hell have close to a 10 second car...i know a number of cars who have put in 10,000 and still are in low 13's...this is not true for a subaru...they are good drag racers stock as well as mod for mod...you can say u like the awd for the launch factor and also for rain and snow...good all around cars for their price..

Nope,,, no war ... we have a great F***in car, and in all rights so do others. But for 24,500 we have a rocket (and for a leftover 2003 I got mine for 20,200)

Now now, let's forget about our competitions downsides...i mean who cares about safety or control in the snow? hehe....also let me pose this question? If you compare a Jetta GL, Civic EX and a 2.5 RS how come you see so many Jettas and Civics, yet the best of the three as far as all around cars go is hands down the RS becuase of its avalible awd.....I am stuck on awd for life....its saved me too many times, and makes me feel so comfortable, i dont see how i could give it up.

DONT

Originally posted by grimm
    OH yea,,, get the figures right,,, Pound???? the s 2000 only is 1-2 tenths faster... 5.4 seconds 0-60 thats not a pounding considering the extra 9000 dollars the POS cost.... 33,000 base price, are you friggen kidding, you need to to put it up to a STI with an extra 2000 to play with in the STI,,, It would not only make the s 2000 look like a ass but the chick in the passenger seat would jump into the STI after so she would not be so embarrassed... WHEW... what a ROCKET (yea.. thats sarcasm)... sorry for the yelling but come on..... lets get back to reality, Honda is losing and they really have no idea how to get back on track,,, The bottom line is until Honda regroups and deals with thier serious lack of performance for the money they are back to where they were in the 70's,,, basic transportation,,, and dont flame me,,, the numbers are correct............ WRX....... ...FRIGGEN A!
    Whoa big fella, slow down a bit! No one was comparing the WRX to an S2000 on a dollar vs dollar basis. Please go back to the first page and reread the post you quoted, just a little slower this time. I was originally responding to this:
    True, but the Acura is seriously short on torque. Without getting into FWD vs. AWD, this is why even a stock WRX, driven decently, should whoop on a Type R 9 times out of 10.
    where the poster said that the main reason the WRX beat the ITR is because the WRX has such a big torque advantage. I was simply refuting that argument by comparing the S2000 vs WRX on a torque vs torque basis, NOT based on cost! According to certain people's logic (like the above poster), the WRX's 217lb/ft vs the S2000's 150lb/ft should result in a guarenteed win for the WRX. It obviously doesn't.

Relax buddy, no one even said ANYTHING bad about the WRX and here you are getting all defensive!!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

I saw an article in a magazine 2 years ago on a trip I was taking, I cant remember if it was "grassroots motorsports" or "turbo" but they had a write-up on tuners. They came up with 94-5-6 mitsu engines as being able to handle huge horsepower (I cant remember the exact year) , Toyotas being able to handle turbos with no problem, but the Hondas as having a Glass bottom end and being a bad stock block to mod. I wish I could find the article.
    Well, I can tell you for 100% certainty that the K series is going to be different. There is already a RSX-S that has hit 11.9 in the 1/4 mile with a Cybernation turbo kit. The K series is responding very well to mods, whether N/A or F/I. Its only a matter of time before we have one in the 10s.

I'm not comparing this to a WRX or whatever, because I fully understand the benefits of the WRX vs. the RSX-S. But the game has changed quite a bit IMO. You can't generalize like that anymore. The K series is the future for Honda, there is no doubt, and IMO it will provide some of you guys with some competition. The F20A is not in the same league - it does not respond well to N/A mods and I don't believe it is doing as well with F/I either. I don't know, are there any S2K's in the 11s right now?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

So is the S2000 and yet it would pound on the WRX 9 times out of 10
    and second quote

Relax buddy, no one even said ANYTHING bad about the WRX and here
    That was all I was referring to, I was not bent out of shape but the word pound is a little much is all I was reffering to. The cars are very close in speed and with a good launch the 9 out of 10 wins would drop, (as I cry for the burning clutch smell). I just get tired listening to people talk crap and I may have thought you were. It is the truth though that honda needs to look at thier sports car program, 33,000 for a car that has 24,000 dollar cars knocking on the back door is not a good thing when people think honda as soon as the think of hopped up imports. And if you saw some of my posts I wasnt trashing the S-2000, I think its a great car. Cya

and second quote

That was all I was referring to, I was not bent out of shape but the word pound is a little much is all I was reffering to. The cars are very close in speed and with a good launch the 9 out of 10 wins would drop, (as I cry for the burning clutch smell). I just get tired listening to people talk crap and I may have thought you were. It is the truth though that honda needs to look at thier sports car program, 33,000 for a car that has 24,000 dollar cars knocking on the back door is not a good thing when people think honda as soon as the think of hopped up imports. And if you saw some of my posts I wasnt trashing the S-2000, I think its a great car. Cya
    You are being narrow minded about the S2K though. Why are you looking at it in strictly drag racing terms? Its an increadble handling car, period. Its relatively quick as well.

The WRX is certainly on par in terms of straight line speed, but not in handling capabilities. i can't think of too many cars that can for less than the S2K - the 350Z is probably its biggest competitor and it stacks up quite well against it.

If you're arguing dollars, then I will once again point to the SRT-4 which will beat you in a straight line. That seems to be your main focus point.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

this thread gives me a headache.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Snowvert
    this thread gives me a headache.
    yes, me too.

am i the only one who has seen well driven type R's run mid 14's stock? for those of you that are saying you have seen them running mid to high 14's with average bolt on's must not see very good drivers. They are hard cars to drive right because of the low torque launches and high redline. i have a GSR with bolt on's and i run mid 14's, so i am sure that if i had a type R instead i would be running low 14's easily. I still think a wrx will win in a 1/4 mile drag race, but it will be much closer than many of you think.

and although they are low in torque numbers they are pretty light cars which allows them to get off the line quick. not wrx quick, but better than many think. I was always under the impression that a stock type R or even GSR would beat a stock wrx from a high speed roll. is this true? I would feel much better about the upcomming purchase of a wrx if it could beat type R's on a high speed roll.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.