WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; because in the end it has 4wd and thus more potential the sole fact that it has awd doesnt make ...

because in the end it has 4wd and thus more potential
    the sole fact that it has awd doesnt make it have more potential in the long run at all. awd is notorious for sapping power and killing topend..the traction issue for non-awd cars is easily solved. just throw a set of meats on there!! imo for strictly drag racing the srt-4 would take the cake b/c it has more displacement and the motor is pretty strong to boot. and from a dig the rex would be better BUT that definetly doesnt make it a better drag car unless youre just talking 60's and 1/8's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

of course its only the 1/8th ... thats all thats going to matter when you own that guy at a stoplight

oh, and parents wouldn't allow the neon since its my brother's car.... they think they're unsafe.. thats the main reason = P

Last night (Tuesday) I saw a show on Discovery or TLC, about tuners and there was a Diamond star AWD turbo and a friggen honda. The tuner for the mitsu said he hated all but hondas cause all else sucks but in the end he lost to the mitsu. The eclipse even broke the halfshaft and still pulled out. I Think that unless honda steps up to the plate they will lose the war on performance (not to say they are firing blanks to start with). The NSX isnt a huge performer either. It is miles behind many cheaper cars, euro or american, and in all reality withe the higher end names that the japanese companies own (honda/acura) honda is losing quickly with all the highend cars they sell under the Acura name and are falling way behind on Tuner cars. There is a new breed, Subie, Mitsu, and Dodge-(finally stepping back up since the GLHS in the '80s), anyone want to fight?
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

So is the S2000 and yet it would pound on the WRX 9 times out of 10 (given expert drivers in both). Don't underestimate cars with very short gears and 8000+ redlines. Gearing is a torque multiplier so the ITR doesn't really need to produce that much engine torque.
    OH yea,,, get the figures right,,, Pound???? the s 2000 only is 1-2 tenths faster... 5.4 seconds 0-60 thats not a pounding considering the extra 9000 dollars the POS cost.... 33,000 base price, are you friggen kidding, you need to to put it up to a STI with an extra 2000 to play with in the STI,,, It would not only make the s 2000 look like a ass but the chick in the passenger seat would jump into the STI after so she would not be so embarrassed... WHEW... what a ROCKET (yea.. thats sarcasm)... sorry for the yelling but come on..... lets get back to reality, Honda is losing and they really have no idea how to get back on track,,, The bottom line is until Honda regroups and deals with thier serious lack of performance for the money they are back to where they were in the 70's,,, basic transportation,,, and dont flame me,,, the numbers are correct............ WRX....... ...FRIGGEN A!

the only thing is... honda hasn't used turbos to get the power... they've actually tried to engineer better motors that can rev high.

I'm not defending honda... i just think they should get friggin turbos

for the sake of Honda flame I got my car 2000 off sticker so I guess we are ONLY 7000 dollars off the sticker on a S 2000... Still a POS, I think it would be hard to find 2/10's -1/10's of a second 0-60 on a WRX with 7000 dollars (Yes, Still more sarcasm)

OH yea,,, get the figures right,,, Pound???? the s 2000 only is 1-2 tenths faster... 5.4 seconds 0-60 thats not a pounding considering the extra 9000 dollars the POS cost.... 33,000 base price, are you friggen kidding, you need to to put it up to a STI with an extra 2000 to play with in the STI,,, It would not only make the s 2000 look like a ass but the chick in the passenger seat would jump into the STI after so she would not be so embarrassed... WHEW... what a ROCKET (yea.. thats sarcasm)... sorry for the yelling but come on..... lets get back to reality, Honda is losing and they really have no idea how to get back on track,,, The bottom line is until Honda regroups and deals with thier serious lack of performance for the money they are back to where they were in the 70's,,, basic transportation,,, and dont flame me,,, the numbers are correct............ WRX....... ...FRIGGEN A!
    I couldn't agree more, but we also need to remind ourselves how different the STi, WRX and S2000 actually are. If somebody wants a sports car, the S2000 is a great value. It's a convertible, it's quick, agile, and handles well, all for under $35,000. What's not to like about that? The STi and WRX on the other hand, are sports cars but at the same time they aren't. People drive the WRX as a daily driver because of its great versatility. Personally, if i were in the market for an extra car, or a sports car I dont know where the STi would fall into play, and I am a Subaru Fanatic! I don't think I would want my "sports car" to have four doors, but at the same time, the enjoyment of driving the STi far surpasses some exotics I have driven. Is the S2000 more of a sports car than the STi? Some may argue yes, because it has two less doors. The STi posts close to supercar numbers on both road and track where as the S2000 does not (on the track the S2000 is a blast!)....It's not worth debating about the S2000 here because it's a great car and a great value. Hell, an STi is as fast as a E46 M3, yet the M3 starts at $47,000. Why buy the M3 you may ask? If you have the funds to do so, personally as a sports car I would rather have the M3.

I know your numbers are correct grimm, but I have also seen the WRX run 0-60 in 5.2, therefore making it 2./10ths faster to 60 then a S2000! Again it comes down to preference, and obviously yours is not with Honda.
    -Marc

the only thing is... honda hasn't used turbos to get the power... they've actually tried to engineer better motors that can rev high.
    I saw an article in a magazine 2 years ago on a trip I was taking, I cant remember if it was "grassroots motorsports" or "turbo" but they had a write-up on tuners. They came up with 94-5-6 mitsu engines as being able to handle huge horsepower (I cant remember the exact year) , Toyotas being able to handle turbos with no problem, but the Hondas as having a Glass bottom end and being a bad stock block to mod. I wish I could find the article.

I have personally beaten a modded (I/H/E, VAFC) TypeR, and the same mods (and motor) in an EG hatch. You will win, and your friends are know-nothing losers. Find new ones. Good day.
    I created my avatar.

I couldn't agree more
    I Agree,, I dont look down on any sports car, The S-2000 is a rocket in its own right but we all are tired of the fights to back up our Subarus. I have been on the back end of countless Black smoke out the muffler drag races that I laughed at cause I would not waste my time. I just hate when people really dont have any idea what they are talking about when they trash a car,, and Then I need to put them in thier place. I think that any car is anyones baby, its thier personal expression, and it can reach land speed records in all of our own minds,Rice or not,,, But when someone talks trash it needs valid numbers to prove a point,,, hey............... I dont like the point that the SRT can beat us (and in all reality they can without having to baby the tranny).. BUT I give them a thumbs up. All I say is make sure if your bragging make sure you have the rights. All said I am still glad subie gave us this car finally.

yet the M3 starts at $47,000. Why buy the M3 you may ask?

I dont need to ask,,, I would killlll for a M. I know your point. I actually saw a 2002 M3 at a Infinity dealer and melted at the car are so did my friend when he was looking at a G35, and my friend had a early '90 3 series choptop. We can all enjoy the performance of our cars and all talk about all the respective atributes of the individual cars (isnt that what its all about) but when someone talks trash and puts a crappy looking snorkle muffler on the car and talks trash,,, welll

Originally posted by burrito007

I'm not defending honda... i just think they should get friggin turbos
    If I may direct your attention to the 1986(I think, might have been 89) F1 season. Seems a little 1.5 liter HONDA turbo won all the races got pole position for all but one race. Granted the engine was hosed after qualifying, and needed a new lump for the race, but Honda knows turbos just as well as anyone. Dunno why they shy away from them now, the S2000 is screaming for a 9:1 compression built bottom with a snail strapped on. World-beater car right there.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

grimm-
    I am glad you aren't like the typical people on some forums. Atleast you have the facts to back up your arguments! So many times on here or any other forum you get morons who are plain ignorant when it comes to flaming other cars. Truth is there are so many great cars out there, and yes do I think the WRX is one of the best? Of course. There are no other cars that for under $25,000 can do so many things so well...bottom line! no argument! But at the same time, I think the GTI, RSX Type S, Type R, SRT-4, are great cars, and it all comes down to preferences!
    At the same time, only a true car enthusiast can appreciate all cars from all makes...(if they deserve it). The Civic remains my top choice for econ cars...but I would leave it stock! People who hate on the other cars are ignorant, and sometimes don't even deserve the attention they are trying to find!
    Oh well such is life.....lets start an argument...what do you like more, burger king, wendys or mcdonalds?
    -Marc

I actually saw a 2002 M3 at a Infinity dealer and melted at the car are so did my friend when he was looking at a G35,
    Was it the black M3 at Main Line Infiniti in Ardmore, PA?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.