WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 22
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; [QUOTE]So is the S2000 and yet it would pound on the WRX 9 times out of 10 (given expert drivers ...

[QUOTE]So is the S2000 and yet it would pound on the WRX 9 times out of 10 (given expert drivers in both). Don't underestimate cars with very short gears and 8000+ redlines. Gearing is a torque multiplier so the ITR doesn't really need to produce that much engine torque.[QUOTE/]

What does racing an S2000 have to do with racing an Integra? They are two very different cars. The s2000 is rated at 240 HP with a 2.0 liter engine and it is a 2 seater with rear wheel drive. The Integra is rated at 195HP and is 1.8 liters with a backseat (heavier car) with front wheel drive. Naturally the s2000 will fare better than the Integra Type R against a WRX. BTW I have whipped an s2000 (from a stop) with my 02 sedan (manual). I think your 9 out of 10 for the s2000 is greatly exagerrated if you are talking from a stop. And forget about the ITR. Stock for stock or WRX stock and ITR with a few mods, the WRX will win 10 out of 10 times with a decent driver.
    02PWRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I thought this died down already....
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 04-04-2004 at 03:47 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

The s2000 is actually about 200 lbs heavier than the integra type R
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

hondas only race from a roll though right? haha note sarcasm, I've been reading too many rsx/s2000 kill stories
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

^^^ Gotta use that VTEC. lol
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by ttownrex
    ITR is the ultimate

j/k

wrx traps at 95mph on average

ITR traps at 95mph on average

from a stop wrx rules itr WILL NOT reel it in

from a roll = dead heat

debate over

lets not include mods
    I disagree, yes from a dig wrx wins, but from roll I believe the ITR will pull. oh and bump!

at what speeds are you rolling from? Trap speed is indicative of power to weight. If they are racing from 100mph up the type- R might pull do to the gearing. Have you ever raced a type r. I have when I was stock and the Type-R had i/h/e. We were dead even from 50 to 100 mph. Thats not to say that every WRX will stay even with every type R but on average they are evenly matched up from a roll.

This thread needs to go away, I really don't care anymore

so do we need a "WRX vs S2K" thread?
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Originally posted by ttownrex
    at what speeds are you rolling from? Trap speed is indicative of power to weight. If they are racing from 100mph up the type- R might pull do to the gearing. Have you ever raced a type r. I have when I was stock and the Type-R had i/h/e. We were dead even from 50 to 100 mph. Thats not to say that every WRX will stay even with every type R but on average they are evenly matched up from a roll.

This thread needs to go away, I really don't care anymore
    everything you said is true. The race happened. It was dead even from a roll. Once I inched on him veeeery slowly. (from both 50/70mph)

From a stop he's gone and never catches up. Even tho he's a little conceited he agrees that the wrx is faster now. this thread is done so stop bumping it.

-burrito

well, cobb stage 1 handily beats type R's. completely destroys GSR's. I love accessport.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.