WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I beat a modded type r pretty bad on a roll when I was bone stock. I raced from about ...

I beat a modded type r pretty bad on a roll when I was bone stock. I raced from about 20mph-120. I puleed a head of him at first by about 2 cars then he inched back to close the gap, I had about a fender on him by 90 mph. Then neither of us were pulling ahead to 120 mph. He had intake, header-back exhaust, header, short shift, fuel pressure regulater, and fuel rail.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I beleiev your race and that is cool, but a TYPE R does not need a FPR aor RAIL at any NA stage, unless full drag 11 second roll cage car or something like that. My guess is tuning.

But I know this, a properly functioning Stock Type R traps at 95MPH, not blistering fast but enough to keep up with and then PULL a stock WRX up top.

I have seen with my own 2 eyes a Type R run a 13.8 at 103, had boltons, would he still lose to a slightly modded WRX in a 1/4 more then likely except if the kid SUCKS at driving, but 103 MPH trap will walk away PRETTY fast from a WRX, even with minor mods.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Its amazing how this **** sucks you in huh, well here I am again, oh well.

***Why are you here? Do you even own a WRX?

Sorry for teh name calling , I just dislike the Holier then though attitude. I have seen Type R's pull WRX's from a roll, stock Vs. stock or SLightly modded, from a stop it isn't even a race.

***Do you mean the "holier than now" attitude? Sorry I don't think I came across that way. If I did I didn't mean to. I know the WRX is not gods gift to car drivers. It's funny we are getting 2 completely different stories. I'm not saying one side is lying, but I have to believe my own eyes.

Thanks for the life story kid, I really enjoyed it, but maybe you have mistaken me for someone who cares about what you have to say, but you sure care what I have to say, sure got aweeful upset too. I have been in a Type R, It has pulled stock WRX's from a roll, wat do you want from me, and if you smoked every hond you have come accross, I suggest you stay away from teh DX's and Pilots and try a real one. WRX will respond alot better to boltons? I thought we were arguing stock Vs. Stock? Iduno man you are all over teh place, very angry and upset, man get a life and quit arguing on the net.

***And thank you for the sarcasm. You obviously do care or you would not take the time to post. Do you seriously have a life? In regards to the boltons I cut and pasted somebody elses words to respond to. I wasn't even talking to you. I am far from upset, you are the one who seemed to get bent out of shape which was demonstrated by your childish name calling. The only purpose to your posts seems to be to cut down the WRX. Put it in it's place so to speak. Do you have a life outside of defending a car you do not even own to bash a car you do not even own? You are so sad.

Oh and BTW, if you think that WRX topend is GOOD< then you have not been in a fast car period, I have drivien a WRX, fell flat on its face at WOT (Not fair cuz I had a TSI AWD at the time with a 50Trim but I could tell that the Topend = )

***I said the top end was pretty good, not neck snapping. Trust me I have been in and have owned much faster cars. My fastest being a 71 Nova that ran high 12's with street tires. It layed scratch going into 4th at 90mph. When you got on it it felt like Nell Carter was sitting on your lap. I think I know what good top end is.
    2004 WRX

i raced a type r at the track and got beat. I did a 14.4 and he pulled a 13.7 Im not sure what he had done to it, but i imagine a lot. i thought i was gonna kill him.
    04 WRX STI w/mods

sweet jeebus, the ranting....

So I guess the answer is when a WRX goes against an ITR the web forums lose.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Originally posted by TurboLobster
    mathematically the type R wins?????? trap speeds arent everything...the wrx beats the type r in the 1/4 mile by nearly a second...the awd drivetrain loss seems to be overestimated by many...the awd of a wrx can make it one of the most dependable cars out there...burrito is right...1.8 non turbo cannot be modded well...u consider pistons ect as bolt ons???? ok u need to spend about 5k to bring an integra to the mid 13's...
    i wouldnt say a full second at all. there are 2 articles posted here of a type running mid 14's and we all know that wrx runs low 14's. I would say more of a half of a second. you combo that with wrx bad gearing and decent top end, and lower trap speeds, then TECHNICALLY the type R should win at high speeds. it doesnt always win, but i believe it IS the faster car at high speeds. ALthought the wrx IS the faster car from a dig or much lower speeds.

If you notice i didnt use the drive train loss thing too much at all here. I dont think thats why the wrx isnt that good uptop. although it plays a factor, i think its the 4th gear and 5th gear gearing that hinders its top end.

the b18c5 1.8 can be modded VERY well. maybe not as good as rex, but for it being an N/A 4cylinder, its one of the better motors out there in its classification.

and i did not say that pistons and etc... were bolt on's. Burrito stated that N/A mods were limited to bolt on's. i said that you can do pistons, cams, etc... and still remain n/A and have a d@mn fast car. and a type R can run 13's N/A with well under 5grand. I have seen numerous people do it with (intake, exhaust, headers, Intake manifold, hondata) is good enough for high 13's. and thats about $2500 or less. then when you get into cams, pistons, etc.. you can run 12's. not to mention that for 3grand you go s/c and run 13's all day, and go turbo and tune it for a bit more and run 12's all day. there is great potential in the car.

I dont know if you are all mistaking me for an anti-wrx advocate. I have been in this forum for a while and love the wrx(it will be my next car) but i am not blind of its pontential, nor limitations.

damm, this thread is still going? someone should closed this by now...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I raced a type-r. Beat it by about a car length in the 1/4 with a really ****ty launch. Like the kind of launch where your car lurches up like its going to take off, then the RPMS drop and you bog the **** out of it.

/:

just throwing in my 2 cents

i have 2 friends with ITR's

1 ran a 14.4 with just exhaust. I dont remember his trap.

another ran 14.0 with IHE trapping 100.

they are capable cars. with cams and internals and some tuning they can go pretty quick.

Originally posted by whiterabbit
    just throwing in my 2 cents

i have 2 friends with ITR's

1 ran a 14.4 with just exhaust. I dont remember his trap.

another ran 14.0 with IHE trapping 100.

they are capable cars. with cams and internals and some tuning they can go pretty quick.
    I second that. I have much respect on ITR.

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont bring this thread back from the dead! to much arguing will ensue
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

PLEASE GOD MAKE IT STOP
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

daily bump
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

ITR is slow. WRX is fast.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

ITR is the ultimate

j/k

wrx traps at 95mph on average

ITR traps at 95mph on average

from a stop wrx rules itr WILL NOT reel it in

from a roll = dead heat

debate over

lets not include mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.