WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 325

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Evilevo8 Your a Dumbass, plain and simple, I got a Video of a NA Type R running ...

  1. #286
    Registered User jungdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    324
    Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Your a Dumbass, plain and simple, I got a Video of a NA Type R running a STOCK EVO from a roll, Type R has intake exhaust and headers, they trap at over 100MPH, and will very easilly walk a WRX, I have seen it, and your 13B and poor gearing kinda hinder the topend, again I have seen it 1st hand.

    Yah you got them outa the hole, just be careful from a roll, you may get hurt



    jesus, "Bolt-on Card" You have no idea buddy...
    This is concerning rolling starts and topend power. I don't see how this addresses bolt-on potential at all. Gains shown from a comparison of before and after the mods would be a fair discussion, so it's more of an issue of how would the Type-R fair against the evo with no mods?
    eh, i'm just nitpicking but my point is the na integra probably doesn't respond as well to mods(which was probably what others were trying to say) although it does have great rolling speed. Even given that a type-r can take an evo from a roll, it doesn't really involve modding potential.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #287
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12
    You should be able to stomp the crap out of the type-R. I've raced both a Type-R and an s2000 and have taken them both. The type-R I raced from a stop and off the line left him by like two cars. But by the end of the race I was atleast four cars away from him.

    The s2000 I first raced from a stop, pullin him real hard off the line aswell. I figured he would catch me hard after that but he didn't, I was about 2 and a half cars from him the whole time. He was on my left rearview from start to end. Then we proceeded to race from a 1st gear 20 punch. I brake boosted a full 15 pounds in first quickly leaving him by a little bit. We were close to even, with me a little ahead. Shifting into fourth he caught up to my front fender, then by the end I pulled up again.

    The type-R had an intake and VAFC. The s2000 had an HKS dual hipower exhaust system. I have an STI uppipe and window washer Water Injection for my intercooler, and new tires on rota Tarmac 17s.

    If you can drive, you can do anything. Both my launches were at 5500-5900 RPMs, inwhich I basically used a more rapid than normal Slip technique or "double dump".

    Do not underestimate the WRX, ESPECIALLY on the street were it can get much closer to performing the way it does on the track than some front wheel or rear wheel drive car which is going to be breaking traction.

    Laters.
    -X

  4. #288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    960
    I beat both of those cars too, back when my mods were similair to yours.
    Mods

    Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

  5. #289
    Registered User NighTMarE21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    48
    WTF ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS??? DO U MORONS NO ANYTHING ABOUT HONDAS?????

    Some moron said Best thing Type-R runs is 14.83 with intake exhaust and headers??? WWTFFF IF U DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HONDA THEN STFU And dont act like you know wtf ur talking about and some moron said the RSX Type-S with beat the Type-R stock to stock wow ur ****ing stupid I hope the guy with the Type-R pwns ur ****in face oh and Your gone after 6000 narb

  6. #290
    Registered User NighTMarE21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    48
    Oh and Also From a Roll RSX TYpe-S will Eat the WRX u dont belive me go race one u ****s, Oh and Type-R from a Roll will not eat you but it will ****ING RAPE U IN THE ASS AND LEAVE U TOO DIE

    U wanna bring the STI we bring the S2000 or better yet fight witht he NSX ****s

  7. #291
    Banned TurboLobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Mediterranean
    Posts
    57
    i am left in a state of lobster confusion

  8. #292
    Registered User scottigee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    267
    Originally posted by NighTMarE21
    Oh and Also From a Roll RSX TYpe-S will Eat the WRX u dont belive me go race one u ****s, Oh and Type-R from a Roll will not eat you but it will ****ING RAPE U IN THE ASS AND LEAVE U TOO DIE

    U wanna bring the STI we bring the S2000 or better yet fight witht he NSX ****s

    wow.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

  9. #293
    Registered User 2004SilverWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    196
    Your a Dumbass, plain and simple, I got a Video of a NA Type R running a STOCK EVO from a roll, Type R has intake exhaust and headers, they trap at over 100MPH, and will very easilly walk a WRX, I have seen it, and your 13B and poor gearing kinda hinder the topend, again I have seen it 1st hand.

    Yah you got them outa the hole, just be careful from a roll, you may get hurt



    jesus, "Bolt-on Card" You have no idea buddy...
    __________________________________________________ _

    Nice, resorting to name calling are we? Of course a type R with mods will walk on a WRX. Thanks for STATING THE OBVIOUS. Evilevo8 the whole point of this conversation is comparing a STOCK type R and a STOCK WRX. I get sick and tired of people saying "but if you add this or bolt on this turbo bla bla bla" Last time I checked the mods you listed for the type R are readily available for the WRX. Evilevo8, I'm not some dumb 18 year old kid. I have owned quite a few fast cars in my time. My WRX not being the fastest by a long shot. When comparing the WRX and type R the WRX will respond better to bolt ons. It's a simple fact that FI cars respond better to bolt ons than NA cars. It's a fact PURE and SIMPLE. I have run against an Integra with a Type R motor with intake, exhaust and walked him from a roll. The WRX top end is pretty good IMO. Please drive one and experience it for yourself. Oh and if I "get hurt" by a type R from a roll, I will be the first to wave the driver to a parking lot, shake hands with him, and pop hoods and chat. Unfortunately, every Honda/Acura I have come across has been spanked by my WRX, or they want NOTHING to do with a WRX.
    2004 WRX

  10. #294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    479
    man ... ok "video" great. lemme guess was KillaByte drivng the evo = P

    Sorry dude. NA mods on NA cars don't work. Most it could get him... 20hp? MAX and whats that going to do? A 220hp car isn't going to be rediculously fast even from a roll. What speed were they going? evo hitting its speed limiter or something = P

    Theres videos of a lot of things floating around the internet but i have beating rsx type-s from a roll and the almighty integra Type R from a roll in my bmw 323i..... and its not a fast car at all.

    i'll say this ONCE more the integra does not win... it DID NOT WIN HE CRAPPED HIS PANTS WENT HOME AND CRIED TO YOUR MOM.

    ggnore integra

  11. #295
    Banned TurboLobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Mediterranean
    Posts
    57
    Yo wAzzUP brA TYpE R's iS be teH FAstest CARzz Yo

  12. #296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12
    Expectations and talk are one thing and doing is another. I have also raced an RSX and didn't even think it was worth mentioning. It was a terrible race from a stop and I walked him pretty bad from a roll.

    Everyone always tries to go one way or another, the first group claims they've seen this and that in a video or their buddy's type-R can do this and that, the WRX will get walked and so on. Basically they base their opinion on what they've seen reguardless of whether it means s*** or not. And it doesn't.

    The other group take the approach in a vaccum(sp), and assume that if everything was perfect, down to the damn whether, the altitude, the size of both drivers, driving skills, social security numbers...etc. What you guys don't realize is none of this crap matters, what matters is getting out there and racing, in reality we should all just stfu and end this stupid discussion because it has a huge lack of point and maturity. I suggest those of you making these claims about type-R's, RSX's, this and that, go and get yourself one and get some experience. Go out and see how many WRX's you roll.

    From my experience the Integra Type-R, RSX, S2000, Integra GSR, LS, Si, B18c1 (NA built) hatchback, and so forth, have all failed miserably to take my mild to nothing modded WRX. This is my real experience, not some video I watched, or some statistic I read, or some claim i'm making based off bias. I know that doesn't mean if you hop into a WRX you'll walk these cars, or if you hop into the others you won't walk a WRX. A big part of how cars will perform has to do with how they have been treated their whole life, and how the motors were broken in. Take into consideration that a WRX comes a lot closer to performing how it can on the track ALMOST anywhere it wants to than any of those cars I listed above can. You guys can think i'm out of line, whatever, it doesn't matter to me since i've gone out and done it for myself.
    Last edited by Evil; 03-09-2004 at 12:57 PM.
    -X

  13. #297
    Banned TurboLobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Mediterranean
    Posts
    57
    Originally posted by Evil
    Expectations and talk are one thing and doing is another. I have also raced an RSX and didn't even think it was worth mentioning. It was a terrible race from a stop and I walked him pretty bad from a roll.

    Everyone always tries to go one way or another, the first group claims they've seen this and that in a video or their buddy's type-R can do this and that, the WRX will get walked and so on. Basically they base their opinion on what they've seen reguardless of whether it means s*** or not. And it doesn't.

    The other group take the approach in a vaccum(sp), and assume that if everything was perfect, down to the damn whether, the altitude, the size of both drivers, driving skills, social security numbers...etc. What you guys don't realize is none of this crap matters, what matters is getting out there and racing, in reality we should all just stfu and end this stupid discussion because it has a huge lack of point and maturity. I suggest those of you making these claims about type-R's, RSX's, this and that, go and get yourself one and get some experience. Go out and see how many WRX's you roll.

    From my experience the Integra Type-R, RSX, S2000, Integra GSR, LS, Si, B18c1 (NA built) hatchback, and so forth, have all failed miserably to take my mild to nothing modded WRX. This is my real experience, not some video I watched, or some statistic I read, or some claim i'm making based off bias. I know that doesn't mean if you hop into a WRX you'll walk these cars, or if you hop into the others you won't walk a WRX. A big part of how cars will perform has to do with how they have been treated their whole life, and how the motors were broken in. Take into consideration that a WRX comes a lot closer to performing how it can on the track ALMOST anywhere it wants to than any of those cars I listed above can. You guys can think i'm out of line, whatever, it doesn't matter to me since i've gone out and done it for myself.
    boom

  14. #298
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by burrito007
    Sorry dude. NA mods on NA cars don't work. Most it could get him... 20hp? MAX and whats that going to do? A 220hp car isn't going to be rediculously fast even from a roll. \
    N/A mods are not limited to bolt on's. there are typeR's with cams, pistons, rods, etc, running 12's religiously. I think bolt on's would be a more suitable word for what you are getting at, and even so, there are BOLT ON integra type R's running 13's.

    I think we can all agree that if the wrx driver can drive well, then he is going to beat a stock type R. From a roll, MATHAMATICALLY!! a TYPE R should win, but wont in all cases. in this case the wrx won, which isnt un-fathomable.

    mod for mod, wrx ownz due to forced induction. Its really pretty simple guys. but burrito and cake shouldnt be saying that wrx owns the type R, because it is VERY possible for a type R to pull on it from a roll, and hand with it from a stop if the wrx isnt abused on the launch.

    ehhhhhhhhh, theres no convincing you guys.....

  15. #299
    Banned TurboLobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Mediterranean
    Posts
    57
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    N/A mods are not limited to bolt on's. there are typeR's with cams, pistons, rods, etc, running 12's religiously. I think bolt on's would be a more suitable word for what you are getting at, and even so, there are BOLT ON integra type R's running 13's.

    I think we can all agree that if the wrx driver can drive well, then he is going to beat a stock type R. From a roll, MATHAMATICALLY!! a TYPE R should win, but wont in all cases. in this case the wrx won, which isnt un-fathomable.

    mod for mod, wrx ownz due to forced induction. Its really pretty simple guys. but burrito and cake shouldnt be saying that wrx owns the type R, because it is VERY possible for a type R to pull on it from a roll, and hand with it from a stop if the wrx isnt abused on the launch.

    ehhhhhhhhh, theres no convincing you guys.....

    mathematically the type R wins?????? trap speeds arent everything...the wrx beats the type r in the 1/4 mile by nearly a second...the awd drivetrain loss seems to be overestimated by many...the awd of a wrx can make it one of the most dependable cars out there...burrito is right...1.8 non turbo cannot be modded well...u consider pistons ect as bolt ons???? ok u need to spend about 5k to bring an integra to the mid 13's...

  16. #300
    Registered User Evilevo8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    438
    Nice, resorting to name calling are we? Of course a type R with mods will walk on a WRX. Thanks for STATING THE OBVIOUS. Evilevo8 the whole point of this conversation is comparing a STOCK type R and a STOCK WRX. I get sick and tired of people saying "but if you add this or bolt on this turbo bla bla bla" Last time I checked the mods you listed for the type R are readily available for the WRX. Evilevo8, I'm not some dumb 18 year old kid. I have owned quite a few fast cars in my time. My WRX not being the fastest by a long shot. When comparing the WRX and type R the WRX will respond better to bolt ons. It's a simple fact that FI cars respond better to bolt ons than NA cars. It's a fact PURE and SIMPLE. I have run against an Integra with a Type R motor with intake, exhaust and walked him from a roll. The WRX top end is pretty good IMO. Please drive one and experience it for yourself. Oh and if I "get hurt" by a type R from a roll, I will be the first to wave the driver to a parking lot, shake hands with him, and pop hoods and chat. Unfortunately, every Honda/Acura I have come across has been spanked by my WRX, or they want NOTHING to do with a WRX

    Its amazing how this **** sucks you in huh, well here I am again, oh well.


    Sorry for teh name calling , I just dislike the Holier then though attitude. I have seen Type R's pull WRX's from a roll, stock Vs. stock or SLightly modded, from a stop it isn't even a race.


    Thanks for the life story kid, I really enjoyed it, but maybe you have mistaken me for someone who cares about what you have to say, but you sure care what I have to say, sure got aweeful upset too. I have been in a Type R, It has pulled stock WRX's from a roll, wat do you want from me, and if you smoked every hond you have come accross, I suggest you stay away from teh DX's and Pilots and try a real one. WRX will respond alot better to boltons? I thought we were arguing stock Vs. Stock? Iduno man you are all over teh place, very angry and upset, man get a life and quit arguing on the net.


    Oh and BTW, if you think that WRX topend is GOOD< then you have not been in a fast car period, I have drivien a WRX, fell flat on its face at WOT (Not fair cuz I had a TSI AWD at the time with a 50Trim but I could tell that the Topend = )
    Last edited by Evilevo8; 03-09-2004 at 10:59 PM.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

    2006 Evo IX MR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •