WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by THE ONE What does he have done to his car? How good of a driver are you? ...

Originally posted by THE ONE
    What does he have done to his car? How good of a driver are you? I have seen MANY Type R's run mid 14's with just I/H/E. I have also seen MANY WRX's with people that can't drive run 15's all day. If you can drive, no problem, if he has more done, maybe a problem. I just hate to see everyone underestimate a car like that. If you boosted that car, it would easily hand our cars our asses easily. Remember that it's rated at 200hp without any forced induction. Our cars only have 27 more hp with a turbo.
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Given equal drivers, the WRX should win due to its superior launch. If the WRX doesn't have at least a car lead at the 60', the ITR will probably reel it in before the end of the 1/4.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    yes yes ive gone through this a million times only to be laughed at...these are no noobs either they know their stuff about cars...but they still swear to the word that a stock integra can push LOW 14's....i tell them nothing with less than 200 hp can even break 14(i may be wrong)...and i also tell them that their fw launch will be teh suc|<
    Both of you are wrong. No stock integra can push low 14s but you certainly don't need more than 200HP to break 14s.
    2002 RSX Type S

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by THE ONE
    What does he have done to his car? How good of a driver are you? I have seen MANY Type R's run mid 14's with just I/H/E. I have also seen MANY WRX's with people that can't drive run 15's all day. If you can drive, no problem, if he has more done, maybe a problem. I just hate to see everyone underestimate a car like that. If you boosted that car, it would easily hand our cars our asses easily. Remember that it's rated at 200hp without any forced induction. Our cars only have 27 more hp with a turbo.
    True, but the Acura is seriously short on torque. Without getting into FWD vs. AWD, this is why even a stock WRX, driven decently, should whoop on a Type R 9 times out of 10.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    True, but the Acura is seriously short on torque.
    So is the S2000 and yet it would pound on the WRX 9 times out of 10 (given expert drivers in both). Don't underestimate cars with very short gears and 8000+ redlines. Gearing is a torque multiplier so the ITR doesn't really need to produce that much engine torque.
    2002 RSX Type S

A Type R is a great performance car. I was looking for one before buying my Rex, but couldn't find one. Don't think that it's a slug because I seen some (as couple mentioned on here) run mid 14s with just bolt-ons. Our AWD will aid us off the line against a ITR, but from a roll it will pull us back from the ITR. They are deadly up top comparing to our weak 4 and 5 gear....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RSXSucks
    So is the S2000 and yet it would pound on the WRX 9 times out of 10 (given expert drivers in both). Don't underestimate cars with very short gears and 8000+ redlines. Gearing is a torque multiplier so the ITR doesn't really need to produce that much engine torque.
    OK, but since we were talking about a Type R, the WRX has a lot more torque and should win about every time. The S2K obviously has more hp, torque, and RWD for a better launch.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Oh well, hurry up and wax him so we dont have to listen to all this chatter. ive bent over GSR's so hard, i know that the extra 20 horse wouldnt even make things interesting. with the GSR, It was over when it started.

And to all the VTEC'ers dont whine about the wrx's poor gearing, we should be done shortly after 3rd-4th upshift. with somewhere back with you in our rear view mirror.

unless your car is turboed.

The WRX has Torque advantage from a roll
    and AWD advantage from dig

Spanking out of the hole, close from a roll. Get a boost controller if he wont race you from a stop.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

True, but the Acura is seriously short on torque. Without getting into FWD vs. AWD, this is why even a stock WRX, driven decently, should whoop on a Type R 9 times out of 10.
    I don't think it would from a roll. In a 1/4 mile race yes, but from a roll, it would be close. And if the person in the WRX can't drive, it would be close for both.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    I have something to say to this too. I own both a WRX and a S2000 and from a roll, the S2000 hung with me from 70-130 no problem. The only lead I got on the S was while I was in 3rd gear. After that the S2000 held it's own and inched a litte back until I shifted into 5th in the WRX. Keep in mind my S2000 runs a 14.2 @ 95 mph with my girlfriend driving it, and in my WRX I run a 13.3 @ 100.XX mph.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

OK, but since we were talking about a Type R, the WRX has a lot more torque and should win about every time. The S2K obviously has more hp, torque, and RWD for a better launch.
    This is pretty true too. You can cut 2.2-2.5 60' times in a Type R depending on the driver, and you can cut 2.0-2.5 60's in the S2000 depending on the driver. But torque is mainly just good for getting you off the line. HP is what makes your car ultimately faster.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    Oh well, hurry up and wax him so we dont have to listen to all this chatter. ive bent over GSR's so hard, i know that the extra 20 horse wouldnt even make things interesting. with the GSR, It was over when it started.

And to all the VTEC'ers dont whine about the wrx's poor gearing, we should be done shortly after 3rd-4th upshift. with somewhere back with you in our rear view mirror.

unless your car is turboed.

The WRX has Torque advantage from a roll
    and AWD advantage from dig

Spanking out of the hole, close from a roll. Get a boost controller if he wont race you from a stop.
    And not to be a smartass here, but the Type R has 30 more hp here in the US than the GSR. Well 25hp depending on the year.

And yeah race so you can post the results.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

/hijack

turbolag: those numbers in your sig are just

Your stock Dodge really did that?

yup , have dynoe sheet if you want to see it? i just installed my new catback exhaust today and i feel like i picked 10whp or so.

Danny
    04 SRT-4

244whp/282trq (Stock)

speaking of driving... this cakepanman is a friggin schumacher... pullin 5.0 0-60 on a stock everything.

----noob update-----
    ok it looks like this noob did some research he claims the wrx 1/4 isnt as slow as he thought...however...he claims that he think the "faster type r's" (wtff??????) are capable of hitting 13.9 bone stock...this isnt just this kid but i also know a kid with a 400 hp integra who claims to have broke 14.0 stock...i dont want to call this kid a lier but is this ****t even possible

anyway i made a bet...100 dollars says i beat him by .5 seconds on the track...this its a good bet??? im planning on running at worst a 14.5 in 3 tries

in a drag race - WRX>ITR (stock vs. stock and mod vs. mod)
    95 GSX - GT30R

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.