WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You have to realize that when the Type R came out in 1997 there was nothing like it in the ...

You have to realize that when the Type R came out in 1997 there was nothing like it in the sport compact market. A 1.8L that made 195 hp was unheard of. They paired that with chassis bracing up the wazoo and a limited slip differential up front and the car performed like a dream. And it held the #1 spot in many peoples' eyes until the WRX came out.
    Give the Type-R credit, it still hangs with the WRX. And that says something because it has less displacement, no F/I, and only pushes 2 wheels.

But for the price in the SCC market WRX owns.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

but some type-r's didn't have ac, or sound deadning on the undercarriage. I have to have that.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by ilivas
    but some type-r's didn't have ac, or sound deadning on the undercarriage. I have to have that.
    What you have said here is completely irrelevant.

You're talking about things that were either left out upon specific request of the Type-R owner or removed by someone after the vehicle was purchased. Either way these were modifications of the car to reduce weight and increase performance.

Also please note that I am saying that the WRX is a BETTER car. Even without AC.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

Originally posted by scottigee
    What you have said here is completely irrelevant.

You're talking about things that were either left out upon specific request of the Type-R owner or removed by someone after the vehicle was purchased. Either way these were modifications of the car to reduce weight and increase performance.

Also please note that I am saying that the WRX is a BETTER car. Even without AC.
    Actually, the 1997-1998 ITRs did not come with A/Cs, period. It was the 2000-2001 ones that had the option of getting A/Cs.
    Last edited by carrrnuttt; 03-05-2004 at 09:17 PM.

Originally posted by scottigee
    I drive a Civic hatch with a lightly modded (CAI, 2.5" custom exhaust) GSR powerplant. My car beats my buddy's '01 type-R.
    I wouldn't dare race a WRX. the civic/teg 0-60s are high-6s. Isn't the WRX's down in the mid 5's?

Anyway I've driven all three cars and you can't beat the boost pushing all 4 wheels.
    That's why I joined this forum.

my$0.02
    1) the type R has 0-60 times that would lead you to think it was a mid - low 15sec car. but in the 1/4 mile it gets to speeds to 95mph and during that time it picks up a lot of speed, which is why it doesnt run mid 15's and it runs mid to high 14's.

and you are comparing 0-60 times which the wrx def. wins. I dont think anyone here is arguing the wrx winnning the 0-80 race. but the fact that a stock wrx, beat a stock type R at high speeds is a bit odd. I drive a GSR modded beyond the extent of a type R and I have driven the type R, and i could say that i would rather have a wrx as well.

look at trap speeds though. on average the wrx runs the 1/4 mile about .5 sec quicker than a type R. but yet the type R still traps at 2-3mph more. so not only does is the type R slower in the 1/4 but it traps more, so it should beat a wrx uptop. thats all i am saying

Dude Boltons on a Type R get it to trap at 103MPH, that is a NA 1.8, that car is JUST FUN. If I had one I would keep the stock Bottom and and hook up a LOW pressure Turbo system, Like 7PSI and a FMIC and a Honda Data.

That **** would make over 300WHP, and On a Type R a car would need damn near 400 to keep up. They are great cars and VERY fun to drive.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Dude Boltons on a Type R get it to trap at 103MPH, that is a NA 1.8, that car is JUST FUN. If I had one I would keep the stock Bottom and and hook up a LOW pressure Turbo system, Like 7PSI and a FMIC and a Honda Data.

That **** would make over 300WHP, and On a Type R a car would need damn near 400 to keep up. They are great cars and VERY fun to drive.
    yes, they are one of the funnest cars out there for its price, but that trap speed thing you just mentioned is exactly why i dont think a stock wrx could beat/edge out a stock type R at high speeds.

Not only does the type R trap higher than the wrx, but the wrx 4th and 5th gears arnt the greatest where as they are very good on the type R. you finish the 1/4 at the end of 3rd gear, and the Type R traps higher, and when you go from a high speed roll, you are utilizing 4th gear and sometimes 5th.

burrito/cakepan: why dont you have the type R friend of yours register here, and post about the race, so we can get a better understanding of this.

Originally posted by DTR maxima

burrito/cakepan: why dont you have the type R friend of yours register here, and post about the race, so we can get a better understanding of this.
    he reads these forums anyway. He'll post if he wants to. Right now he doesn't want to race anymore and his exact words were "yeah man .... our cars are both pretty fast"...
    this is after gloating that his car would beat the rex.

about the turbo R's... i posted about one a few posts up. There's one in our town driven by some psycho... that sh1t is FAST.

1) the type R has 0-60 times that would lead you to think it was a mid - low 15sec car. but in the 1/4 mile it gets to speeds to 95mph and during that time it picks up a lot of speed, which is why it doesnt run mid 15's and it runs mid to high 14's.
    __________________________________________________ __

***The Type R runs mid to high 14's? That's news to me......Why is is that every publication has it running in the 15's? So by your logic the WRX is a mid to high 13 second car. Although I have heard of a stock WRX breaking into the 13's stock.

***Don't even pull out the bolt on card. Anyone who knows anything about cars knows that an NA car like the type R will NOT respond to mods as well as an FI car. Free mods like gutting the up pipe and down pipe (which don't cost a penny) yield huge gains. Add a chip to the type R, and how much hp do you get? It's nearly impossible to get 33hp form a chip in an NA car. Most get 5 to 10. Now if your talking about bolt ons for a V8, thats another story, but were not. Also the WRX came to the states restricted from the Japanese spec WRX. So there is 30+ hp just waiting to be opened up (3 catalytic converters). Did the type R come restricted like this?
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by burrito007
    thank you scottie.

I'm just pissed (As well as cake) that no one on the WRXFORUM will support a wrx beating a type R. I respect type-R's... i think they handle awesome, but that stock wrx is faster in a straight line with the right driver.

as for modd3d type-R's... thats a totally different story. There's a yellow Type-R in our town who is pushing 400+ whp!!! he only runs a 12.5xx in the quarter, but traps at rediculous speeds. He owns wrx's ... and unless its from a dig, i don't think a stg4 wrx would beat him.

-burrito
    I support it

***Don't even pull out the bolt on card. Anyone who knows anything about cars knows that an NA car like the type R will NOT respond to mods as well as an FI car. Free mods like gutting the up pipe and down pipe (which don't cost a penny) yield huge gains. Add a chip to the type R, and how much hp do you get? It's nearly impossible to get 33hp form a chip in an NA car. Most get 5 to 10. Now if your talking about bolt ons for a V8, thats another story, but were not. Also the WRX came to the states restricted from the Japanese spec WRX. So there is 30+ hp just waiting to be opened up (3 catalytic converters). Did the type R come restricted like this?

Your a Dumbass, plain and simple, I got a Video of a NA Type R running a STOCK EVO from a roll, Type R has intake exhaust and headers, they trap at over 100MPH, and will very easilly walk a WRX, I have seen it, and your 13B and poor gearing kinda hinder the topend, again I have seen it 1st hand.

Yah you got them outa the hole, just be careful from a roll, you may get hurt

jesus, "Bolt-on Card" You have no idea buddy...
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Yah you got them outa the hole, just be careful from a roll, you may get hurt

WERD!!

Originally posted by burrito007
    its people like you that make this forum no fun.

More like people who doesn't know crap like you. Seems like you been trying to kiss cakepanman a**.... Why don't you two hold each other hands and play some where else?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

u kids have seriosuly got to be kidding me...i ran this kid from a dig over 10 times and from a roll over 10 times...we started racing at 12 AM and ended at nearly 1:30....THE WRX IS FASTER THAN A STOCK TYPE R FROM A DIG AND A ROLL make all the dumbass stats up that u want...ive been there a wrx owns a type R...all u type R boys can meet up in a honda forum somewhere and stop speculating

evilevo:how does a 1.8 na engine respond to mods better than a 2.0 turbo...stock type R's dont trap at over 100 if thats what u were saying...ive seen a variety of trap speeds from type R's ranging from 91 to 96...a type R's power band can only be found at extremely high rpm...on the lower end the type R seems to lack torque...only finding its power at the very end of each gear...making it actually a slow car for everyday driving..
    Last edited by CakePanMan; 03-08-2004 at 11:15 PM.

It doesn't matter what they say. This thread is over... The race happened. The rex won... n00bs just gotta know when to quit

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.