WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 18
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow. Big flaming surge of fanb01 disease in this thread. For the doubting Thomases that don't believe the TypeR is ...

Wow.

Big flaming surge of fanb01 disease in this thread.

For the doubting Thomases that don't believe the TypeR is a 14-second car:

And here they are testing it against a 2000 Mustang GT:

As for the race till 80 thing, that's about a cop-out if I've ever heard one. If you're so afraid of going up higher, where you KNOW (or are you still in denial about that?) you have less of an advantage, why street-race illegally in the first place?

CakePanMan: If you weren't such a child, you'd shut your trap (you and your boyfriend), and wait till the track opens up, and do a full-on race that doesn't stop at 80 (unless you want to get laughed at at the track), and come back with some slips.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the ITR will win, I'm just saying that it'll be closer in the end than you'd want or expect. Although, as childish as you have sounded in your posts in here, I wouldn't put it past you to up the boost a little, and call yourself stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by carrrnuttt

CakePanMan: If you weren't such a child, you'd shut your trap (you and your boyfriend), and wait till the track opens up, and do a full-on race that doesn't stop at 80 (unless you want to get laughed at at the track), and come back with some slips.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the ITR will win, I'm just saying that it'll be closer in the end than you'd want or expect. Although, as childish as you have sounded in your posts in here, I wouldn't put it past you to up the boost a little, and call yourself stock.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

carrrnuttt is my new hero.

good info, although i am sure cake and them will say that the mag has no relavence and he will call you a MAGRACER!!

hahahahahahaha

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

carrrnuttt is my new hero.

good info, although i am sure cake and them will say that the mag has no relavence and he will call you a MAGRACER!!

hahahahahahaha

LOL.

Thanks, man.

Didn't really mean to crash your party, it's just that I read through this 133t thread, and got treated to a migraine, reading cake's posts.

I had to vent somewhere, before my head blew up.

I won't even start on the "N/A Supras only have 175HP, niener-niener-niener" thing. He's basing that on the fact that he's "raced" an N/A Supra (automatic) for "two years" now, and has won everytime.

I love all cars man...I just hate it when the owners ruin it for me...

Carrrnuttt: I couldn't have worded that any better myself!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

I showed mag stats in a previous post which shows the WRX beating both the Mustang GT, and the Type R in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. How many car lengths is a car behind at .6 seconds @ 96mph? Who knows, but it's multiple cars. At the track it's still a close call, but with equal drivers the WRX wins. Also what about when it's raining, or the street/track is slick? On the street where most races are short stop light bashes at speeds under 80, the WRX will win by larger margins. I know you guys don't think 0-80 is a true test, but most races occur at stop lights, and going faster than 80 is just plain dumb with traffic around. Now autox-ing the Type R may shine better. When it comes down to mods $1000 in the WRX will respond better due to the type R being NA. It comes down to preference on these 2 cars. The non existant torque in the type R makes the car less driveable in my opinion. What I mean by that is in daily driving. You really have to rev them up to get any real power. Yes, I know the WRX has some lag issues and lack of low end, but it is far more apparant in the type R. I test drove an S2000 a few years back and couldn't believe how gutless the car was under 7000rpm. I was getting passed by minivans when keeping the shifts under 5000rpm. Lack of torque to me is just plain annoying. As a previous poster said before, I am also a huge fan of cars. Many cars. If I had a 12 car garage and alot more money both of the cars in the subject of this thread would be in my garage along with a 1987 Buick Grand National GNX, 1969 Camaro SS, 1989 Taurus SHO, new BMW M3, 2003 Lancer Evo, new Cobra Mustang, Viper, STI, 2001 Camaro SS, Audi S4 etc etc. Gran Turismo on my playstation will have to do for now.....
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    I know you guys don't think 0-80 is a true test, but most races occur at stop lights, and going faster than 80 is just plain dumb with traffic around.
    That is such a flawed argument. Most public roads have speed limits of 35-45mph. You're going to tell me that its cool to race to speeds up to 80mph, but its not cool to race to speeds in excess of 80mph?

Please, its dangerous enough to race with traffic around anyway and if your ace up to 80mph with traffic and somehow think that's safer than racing up to 100mph, you're entering a very "slippery-slope."
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

That is such a flawed argument. Most public roads have speed limits of 35-45mph. You're going to tell me that its cool to race to speeds up to 80mph, but its not cool to race to speeds in excess of 80mph?

Please, its dangerous enough to race with traffic around anyway and if your ace up to 80mph with traffic and somehow think that's safer than racing up to 100mph, you're entering a very "slippery-slope."
    __________________________________________________ __

Well if you want to get right down to it, street racing is dangerous at any speed. I almost totalled my 1971 Nova I had. No, it was not some POS 4 door rust bucket. It was a 2 door with a factory 4 speed, 3.73 posi, frame snubbed etc etc. Imports NEVER raced me. Mostly 5 point Slow Mustangs. Anyway I was lined up next to a 69 or 70 Chevelle, and when the light turned green I saw in the corner of my eye some jackass turning into my lane just after I launched going sideways..., so I had to slam the brakes and let the Chevelle go. I almost drilled this idiot even though he heard the roars of 2 V8's and still turned right on a red while we had the green. Street racing can be dangerous no matter what, but living in Nebraska does have it's advantages with more desolate roads at times. Still most races never go beyond 80. The fastest race I got into was with a 911 from 50 to 130, and the 911 got smoked badly. I was lucky he gave up, because I was maxed out at 130 mph, the engine could spin no faster with my gearing, and the 911 surely had more legs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nova2.jpg  
    2004 WRX

LOL.

Thanks, man.

Didn't really mean to crash your party, it's just that I read through this 133t thread, and got treated to a migraine, reading cake's posts.

I won't even start on the "N/A Supras only have 175HP, niener-niener-niener" thing. He's basing that on the fact that he's "raced" an N/A Supra (automatic) for "two years" now, and has won everytime.

first a few replies to this thread: He was exaggerating about the 175 hp because you guys were being such idiots... don't you see the post where the other guy swears the na supra has 125??? it was a joke because the car sux so bad.

ok about the type R now... you just proved to us with that mag that the WRX will win in the quarter by 5 carlengths or so since each .1 second is about a carlength... thus makng cake win his bet with the type R...
    just so you know... after getting owned on the street so bad, the type R knows he can't win.. that's why he PULLED OUT OF HIS BET and WILL NOT be going to the track. my brother is definitely not scared of type R's on the road or track.

verdict: Type R -> won't win against a rex unless the rex driver is incompetent
    Mustang GT -> 50/50 chance
    NA supra stick or auto -> not a chance here either.

Now if we're racing to like 150 or something, of course those cars probably would all edge ahead by then because of the "drivetrain loss" and the "bad gearing blah blah blah" but lets not start making this thread even less realistic.

-About MY car. Mods I have done to it: Technik Headers, UUC TSE2 exhaust, UUC pulleys, ECIS intake, Shark Injector Chip, koni shox, HR race springs, Dinan Tranny software, and denso iridium plugs.
    My car pulls 0-60 in around 6.7 seconds which is as fast/faster than a stock 323i stick, and almost as fast as a 330 auto. What happens when i race the wrx tho? complete and utter own-age at any speed.

-burrito

LOL.

Thanks, man.

well said, o and... WECOME TO CLUBWRX!!

burrito: I dont want to get into this crap again, so this is just my opinion....
    8 out of 10 times a stock 5speed GT mustand will pull on a wrx in the 1/4mile and beat it on a roll with even better odds. but i will agree with your 50/50

did cakepan race the type R from a roll? because you said that there is no way of a type R beating a wrx in any situation. foget about the N/A supra, but i am pretty confident that well driven type r will walk a stock wrx at high speeds. the type R traps way higher, and only gets faster as it goes on.

yes they went from a roll, and from a start at 80+, the integra type R is almost dead even, but the rex seemed to always edge out.

Originally posted by burrito007
    yes they went from a roll, and from a start at 80+, the integra type R is almost dead even, but the rex seemed to always edge out.
    You just changed your story.

Okay...where's the BS flag smiley in this forum?

Not because I don't believe that the WRX can't win, since anything is possible, it's just that I don't believe YOU.

huh? you don't believe me? Ok let the flame wars begin then. Mr. 3 post i know everything.

its people like you that make this forum no fun.

oh, cakepanman also had the heavy ass formula mesh on, with crappy tires... the integra guy weighs 110lbs, and cakepan weighs something like 200. So the weight advantage was on the integras side. STILL the integra couldn't pull the rex, and the rex slightly edged out at the high speeds. this happened last night cuz you guys were *****in about the high end stuff.

ggnore carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9579969-8e27-013d0168-.jpg  

I drive a Civic hatch with a lightly modded (CAI, 2.5" custom exhaust) GSR powerplant. My car beats my buddy's '01 type-R.
    I wouldn't dare race a WRX. the civic/teg 0-60s are high-6s. Isn't the WRX's down in the mid 5's?

Anyway I've driven all three cars and you can't beat the boost pushing all 4 wheels.
    That's why I joined this forum.

my$0.02
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

thank you scottie.

I'm just pissed (As well as cake) that no one on the WRXFORUM will support a wrx beating a type R. I respect type-R's... i think they handle awesome, but that stock wrx is faster in a straight line with the right driver.

as for modd3d type-R's... thats a totally different story. There's a yellow Type-R in our town who is pushing 400+ whp!!! he only runs a 12.5xx in the quarter, but traps at rediculous speeds. He owns wrx's ... and unless its from a dig, i don't think a stg4 wrx would beat him.

-burrito