WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; we were merely quoting another thread that said the supra had 175 hp... cuz it sure drives like it does.... ...

we were merely quoting another thread that said the supra had 175 hp... cuz it sure drives like it does.... i smoke it in my auto 323i.
    The non turbo Supra has a 3.0 Liter V6 with 220HP if im not mistaken. Yes its heavy, but I highly doubt you SMOKE it or anything for that matter in a 323i which is just a 2.5 6cly with 184HP. I actually dont know what would win that race because truthfully, other than the weight advantage the BMW has it by no means is a fast car. The Supra isn't anything to write home about either. I love BMWs especially the 3 series. I think the 323/325 (same motor) is a great car and yes I think its probably faster than a non turbo Supra (I work at a Lexus dealer and that car shares the driveline with the older SC300, which is a dog at any speed). I dont think a 323 could SMOKE a Supra though. Just my opinion...
    -Marc

PS- AUTO BMWs from a roll are awesome...
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

his 323 auto is far from stock but still slow...id say about 210 hp to the crank with the mods hes got---but u have to make me say it again...the auto na supra that i race is a complete joke...it really is that simple a 2.5rs should take it

and mab pertaining to your sig , if by limit you mean laws, there are laws against excessive acceleration
    -excessive speed off the line
    -excessive display of accelration
    Last edited by CakePanMan; 03-03-2004 at 08:48 PM.

Originally posted by burrito007
    DTR Maxima... what are you smoking... he posted no wrong info.

WRX smokes the automatic supra at all speeds ... sorry to tell you. We have proven this every day. Can't blame it on driver error since its auto. TL-s is a slow car. the old one.. not the newer ones coming out. Those cars had something like 260hp, but they can't pull on the rex up to 80.

we were merely quoting another thread that said the supra had 175 hp... cuz it sure drives like it does.... i smoke it in my auto 323i.
    We were not talking about an automatic supra, look at the thread, in EVERY single post I put 5speed supra. big difference in that car between auto and manual.

if you read correctly the TL-S we were referring to WAS the new one, which runs mid 14's all day long in the 6speed version, and would walk all over a wrx from a roll. and the old TL-s was no slow car either. still a high 14sec car, and would most def. hold real well with a wrx from a roll if not beat it.

and your buddy cakepanman, told us we were wrong for saying it had 220hp, I dont care where he got his info, he told us we were wrong, when HE was the one who was wrong and afterwards he still wouldnt admit it.

u guys are jokes

how many times have u posted about me saying the supra had 175 hp...it doesnt really matter that car weighs dam near 3500 pounds anyway its not a competer auto or stick...u say im the one thats flaming...read ur posts man every single one is flame directed towards me about some supra.....

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    how many times have u posted about me saying the supra had 175 hp...it doesnt really matter that car weighs dam near 3500 pounds anyway its not a competer auto or stick...u say im the one thats flaming...read ur posts man every single one is flame directed towards me about some supra.....
    I was using the supra as another example of your faulty data. if you want to discuss the supra losing or winning against a wrx bring it to the supra thread.

I wouldnt flame but you are being stupid. calling me a noob, and submiting wrong data and such, and then you cant admit your mistake. this a wrx community, not a cakepanman community. accept the fact that sometimes you are wrong and others data just might be right.

can you guys just get out of the thread if you're not going to add anything worthwhile?

l

please stop posting if u have nothing to say...this is about wrx vs integra not dtr trying to get cakepanman banned...just dont post please

Originally posted by Mabf355
    The non turbo Supra has a 3.0 Liter V6 with 220HP if im not mistaken. Yes its heavy, but I highly doubt you SMOKE it or anything for that matter in a 323i which is just a 2.5 6cly with 184HP. I actually dont know what would win that race because truthfully, other than the weight advantage the BMW has it by no means is a fast car. The Supra isn't anything to write home about either. I love BMWs especially the 3 series. I think the 323/325 (same motor) is a great car and yes I think its probably faster than a non turbo Supra (I work at a Lexus dealer and that car shares the driveline with the older SC300, which is a dog at any speed). I dont think a 323 could SMOKE a Supra though. Just my opinion...
    -Marc

PS- AUTO BMWs from a roll are awesome...

if your gonna mag race...mag race correctly...the bmw 323i has 170 hp but more torque than the newer 325

I dont believe it has more torque than the newer m54 motor. M52's always had good torque though.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

it does... just a few more lbs/ft not much. But its definitely there... this topic has been debated to death over at e46fanatics.com.... where i heard about clubwrx... where i have many many many more posts

I used to have a 2001 z3 2.5i. with an m54. I used roadfly forums.
    Mods

Originally posted by ilivas
    I used to have a 2001 z3 2.5i. with an m54. I used roadfly forums.

awesome car... i was on roadfly for a couple of years... but they don't like modding too much over there so i went to e46

Originally posted by DragonXeno
    what wrong info did he post...he posted something from experience about a supra and stated that a low 14 second car is fast...i dont know what ur thinking man but u gotta stop flaming wrx's..
    haha, flaming wrx's?? i am a big fan of wrx's. i just dont think the car is invincible. He stated that the N/A supra had 175hp which it does not. several people corrected him and he still argued it.

I am not hating on wrx's, i just think that a low 15sec 5speed supra would put up a good fight if not beat a stock wrx FROM A ROLL! and i have explained why I think this IN DETAIL in the supra thread.

I am not hating, i love the car, i am just not ignorant to its capabilities.

cake: this is rediculous, no point in dragging the thread down with the arguments. lets just leave the past be, and move on. if you have more you would like to argue or discuss, please PM me.

his 323 auto is far from stock but still slow...id say about 210 hp to the crank with the mods hes got---but u have to make me say it again...the auto na supra that i race is a complete joke...it really is that simple a 2.5rs should take it

210 hp? What kind of mods were done to this 323 to create 40 more horse on an NA car? BTW my other car is a BMW328i 5 speed. Whenever I take it in for scheduled work at the dealership they give me either a 325 or 330 AUTO. Wow, what a difference in perfomance between those and my 5 speed 328i. Does the AUTO WRX suffer from the problem? I was going to test drive one before I got mine, but I figured it was a waste of time, since it was never a consideration.
    2004 WRX

M50 intake manifold, short ram intake, and active autoworks ECU reflash would put him way over 210 hp.
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.