WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 15
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by smokey Well, then you've got the perfect car if you're never going to go above 80mph. Might ...

Originally posted by smokey
    Well, then you've got the perfect car if you're never going to go above 80mph.

Might as well as just buy an STI - you'd never lose a race on the street up to 80mph. 'Vettes, LS1's, Cobra's, they'd all go down. Forget the fact that they blow by you at 80mph..but hey, at least you won up to 80mph
    are u saying that the wrx can beat these off a launch or just the sti...well who says i havent raced all three of these yet from a dig??....only thing i can say is that the results were not pretty....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    are u saying that the wrx can beat these off a launch or just the sti...well who says i havent raced all three of these yet from a dig??....only thing i can say is that the results were not pretty....
    I'm using an STI as an example. If you only race up 'til 80mph, then the STI is the ultimate street car. You can take down most cars, even those that have quite a bit more power than you.

80mph is probably what an STI traps at in the 1/8mile (maybe higher) and like I said, that'll beat most Cobra's, 'Vette's etc..

I just don't believe that 0-80mph is a real standard of speed. It shows that you'll win most stoplight to stoplight runs, but doesn't necessarily mean you're going to win full 1/4 mile races.

Just wanted to point that out, that's all. I'm not arguing or anything.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

The person having a passenger really does make the car a lot slower. You should race him without a passenger.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I knew that the WRX would not have too much troubles against the Type R. I raced a guy with an Integra with a Type R engine from a roll and I walked him from a roll past 80mph. Beating the Mustang GT didn't surprise me either. I used to beat those at a roll in my 94 Taurus SHO all the time. Yes with a TAURUS. I'd say my WRX has about the same top end as my SHO had too. The claim about the WRX being the best drag car for the money is ridiculous. Everyone knows from a roll a stock SRT-4 will hand a stock WRX or even lightly modded it's ass. I saw a video of an SRT-4, WRX and a Talon I think. It was not pretty the SRT-4 went by awefully fast by the WRX. I'd only challenge an SRT-4 to a quick stoplight bash to about 50 mph. The front wheel drive kills those cars from a launch. Wheel hop and torque steer were a major problem in my SHO with 220hp. I can imagine what 240hp would be like...... For the money, the WRX is the best 4 season performer of what's available new though.
    2004 WRX

just for some comparison...the stang gt pwn3d the type r also

Originally posted by burrito007

wrx (cake) vs some dude in a Mustang GT from a dig & roll

Wrx wins!

-burrito [/B]
    Obviously the guy in the GT wasnt racing cuz you lose from a roll..and most likely from a dig...PLEASE i raced you in my Wrangler and i stayed at your back door the whole time...I want no more quotes from you saying you beat a mustang i wont have it...so there

Originally posted by smokey
    Well, then you've got the perfect car if you're never going to go above 80mph.

Might as well as just buy an STI - you'd never lose a race on the street up to 80mph. 'Vettes, LS1's, Cobra's, they'd all go down. Forget the fact that they blow by you at 80mph..but hey, at least you won up to 80mph
    You'd best be talking about Pre 2003 Cobra's...cuz throw some non stock tires on the cobra and sti...goes down

Obviously the guy in the GT wasnt racing cuz you lose from a roll..and most likely from a dig...PLEASE i raced you in my Wrangler and i stayed at your back door the whole time...I want no more quotes from you saying you beat a mustang i wont have it...so there
    __________________________________________________ _

I have raced Mustang GT's from rolls in my 94 SHO I had, and always walked them. My only "mods" were UDP's, K&N, Walbro 255 lph fuel pump. The WRX is definately quicker and top end is the same if not better IMO. I came really close to getting a Mustang GT in 2001, but after a test drive was left very unimpressed. I feel better driving a car with a functional hood scoop rather than the Mustangs multiple faux ones........ Now a Cobra or a Rousch.....totally different animal.
    2004 WRX

Oh i believe that you beat a GT...but the two noobs that keep flame posting....i doubt it

Oh i believe that you beat a GT...but the two noobs that keep flame posting....i doubt it

It depends on which GT we are talking about.
    1993-205 hp
    1994-215 hp
    1996-215 hp
    1997-225 hp
    1999-260 hp

An older GT would get waxed by a WRX. I have yet to run against any GT in my WRX though. I had a chance to run one, but it turned off. It was gunning it from 30 to 60 and I was able to keep up. The after market hood, and less than 500 miles on my odometer made me change my mind.
    2004 WRX

not sure what kind of GT, but the guy was going.... we met him mat a gas station, and he was just done destroying the type R.

xeno... your wrangler couldn't stand a chance vs. the rex and you know it. I beat you in my bimmer, and the bimmer gets owned VERY VERY badly from a dig and at all speeds... i just didn't know how to drive when we raced. Oh, and when we get stage 4, we will be able to beat your cobra.

Originally posted by burrito007
    not sure what kind of GT, but the guy was going.... we met him mat a gas station, and he was just done destroying the type R.

xeno... your wrangler couldn't stand a chance vs. the rex and you know it. I beat you in my bimmer, and the bimmer gets owned VERY VERY badly from a dig and at all speeds... i just didn't know how to drive when we raced. Oh, and when we get stage 4, we will be able to beat your cobra.
    not until your stage 4
    Last edited by DragonXeno; 03-03-2004 at 10:39 PM.

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    __________________________________________________ _

I have raced Mustang GT's from rolls in my 94 SHO I had, and always walked them. My only "mods" were UDP's, K&N, Walbro 255 lph fuel pump. The WRX is definately quicker and top end is the same if not better IMO. I came really close to getting a Mustang GT in 2001, but after a test drive was left very unimpressed. I feel better driving a car with a functional hood scoop rather than the Mustangs multiple faux ones........ Now a Cobra or a Rousch.....totally different animal.

yes....dragonxeno...shut up u r a tool...u beat my brother with your jeep when the kid didnt even know how to drive stickshift yet....
    Last edited by CakePanMan; 03-02-2004 at 06:33 PM.

wait wait i cant stop laughing. At least i dont break my first gear within 2 weeks of when i get it

well of course u cant break ur first gear in the first two weeks...u have a 175hp jeep...go to a handstand or something u gymnast

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.