WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 14
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; while not on a track... the primary results are in!!! wrx (driven by schumacher himself .. cakepanman) vs. Integra type ...

while not on a track... the primary results are in!!!

wrx (driven by schumacher himself .. cakepanman) vs. Integra type R..

Wrx wins!

wrx (cake) vs some dude in a Mustang GT from a dig & roll

Wrx wins!

as of 03/01/04

this shiz is going to the track soon! there all bets will be taken.
    -burrito
    Last edited by burrito007; 03-01-2004 at 09:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by burrito007
    cl-s gets owned by a rex.. i've been there. maximas.. don't know.. accord v6 6-spd... is this the new one? old ones were slow... g35 coupe is DEFINITELY low 14's... cake knows that.. we get owned by them daily... 350z is prolly a 14.0 flat so right on there.. i dunno about that altima either... gone up against them and the result is always the same...

the WRX is the BEST drag-racing car for its price.. no doubt about it... it cost 23k new. It will run mid to low 14's. With 2k of mods (see my post about the cobra) it is possible to put together a poor-man's stage 4 kit. With more like 4k of mods you'll be in the 11s. Thats well more than any other car for 23k (save maybe the neon) can run.

Also, what the heck is it with all you guys here defending the other cars. This board should be like "blah blah blah subaru is best" but no, we let the other forums say that we're slow-baru's and they get off saying stuff like "hey man my 323i stick can keep up with those things... for only 35k too!" Sorry.. i probably would just get more support for subaru being a better car on a non-subaru forum.

-burrito007
    the argument wasnt over the rex being slower or faster than the above named cars, but I was naming 14 sec cars. read his post, and then mine. and the new SRT-4 is a better drag car for it price than a wrx. Its cheaper to mod, faster stock, and costs about 5grand less.

besides, anyone here thats knows cars can back me up on this: the wrx is not meant to be a drag car. although it is fast, and launches really well, it does other things much better. rally and mountain roads for example. there are many cars out that are better drag cars for the dollar than the wrx. the question is though.... can those cars take it off road, go fast in a straight line, handle awesome in snow, handle awesome in general, especially in bad weather and mountains?? no, not many can... which makes the wrx stand out from the other cars.

i am done with this other car stuff, i just want to hear the results of the race

check above for the results. Pretty much the integra couldn't keep up at any speed... although he had a passenger... same for the GT. Cake cut the gas at 70 or 80 tho... these guys wanted to go up to the tripple digits (psycho)

check above for the results. Pretty much the integra couldn't keep up at any speed... although he had a passenger... same for the GT. Cake cut the gas at 70 or 80 tho... these guys wanted to go up to the tripple digits (psycho)
    going full past into tripple digits on the street isnt a smart idea. its good you cut it off, especially if the integra had a passanger. no point in adding to the risk

srt-4 is definately faster and about 5 grand less.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

its just too bad the dodge is front wheel drive. their couldnt be a worse match for dragging. a 3rd or 2nd gear roll might be ideal. but a wrx with the same or even 20% less hp will get it in the 1/4

It's good thing that the srt-4 neon has 70 more wheel horespower than the wrx and better gearing.
    Mods

70 more wheel horse power an better gearing? yeah but look at the 1/4 mile times stock for stock, can you believe that 70 wheel horsepower can be denied by all wheel drive. it just seems like a waste, an like i said before, i make 240hp to the wheels right now, an i pull hard on a stage one with catless exhaust an mbc 20psi from a roll. the 6k redline kills it

yeah it's a shame that it's FWD, if they did make it RWD I would have one right now. The SRT-4 is an awesome car that has extremely high trap speeds. The srt-4 is alot more mod friendly than the wrx. In all honestly, the only thing the srt-4 needs for 12 second passes is a boost control, and slicks. Maybe throw on a turbo-back exhaust for good measure.

stock for stock the srt-4 is a little bit quicker than the wrx.
    Mods

Look, I don't mean to drag this argument on, but all a 70-80mph race shows is who's fastest in the 1/8 mile. Gee, the WRX took a Type R and a GT in the 1/8mile. The world is going to end (sarcasm).

I'll wait until he goes to the track to get some real proof. This needs to be a full quarter mile run...This would be akin to a Honda racing a stock WRX from a 100mph roll. I mean that's just ridiculous.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

why would you ever go past 80 tho... speed limits dude... who cares how fast a car can get to 100.. all that matters on the road and highway is 0 - 80... thats the true measure of speed.

why would you ever go past 80 tho... speed limits dude... who cares how fast a car can get to 100.. all that matters on the road and highway is 0 - 80... thats the true measure of speed.
    0-80 is the true measure of speed? That's fairly subjective, don't you think? That's about 1/8mile - I would have thought that the standard 1/4 mile would have been the true test of speed.

Hey, I'm not saying the WRX isn't faster. I believe it most certainly IS. But all you proved in this particular instance is that your car is faster in the 1/8mile run..duh, AWD is faster in the first 1/8 mile? I never would have put that together

what burrito is saying is that u will never utilize the 100+ speeds that the other car are suppose to be faster at...i live in nj...highest speed limit around here is 55

and btw this was done with 18x8 formula mesh...heavy ass wheels so i had a disadvantage

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    what burrito is saying is that u will never utilize the 100+ speeds that the other car are suppose to be faster at...i live in nj...highest speed limit around here is 55
    Well, then you've got the perfect car if you're never going to go above 80mph.

Might as well as just buy an STI - you'd never lose a race on the street up to 80mph. 'Vettes, LS1's, Cobra's, they'd all go down. Forget the fact that they blow by you at 80mph..but hey, at least you won up to 80mph