WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 13
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; and as i was saying before...low 14's stock is better than literally 99% of the cars out ther...so yea i ...

and as i was saying before...low 14's stock is better than literally 99% of the cars out ther...so yea i think my car is fast

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea and i checked my stats...g35 sedan is not a sub 15 car on its own listing...car and driver gave the 2004 6 spd a 14.8 however...yet no where near ur "consistant low to mid 14's"..same thing with the 3.2 cl-s

Originally posted by wrmax2002
    Only place I ever have to look for a honda is in my rearview mirror.
    Oh gawd, what are you, like 16 years old tough guy?

You're stage 4, I'm sure there's no Honda in the world that can run with you. You are so cool.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    yea and i checked my stats...g35 sedan is not a sub 15 car on its own listing...car and driver gave the 2004 6 spd a 14.8 however...yet no where near ur "consistant low to mid 14's"..same thing with the 3.2 cl-s
    He's not talking about the CL Type S, he's talking about the new TL. Thats all it's called is the TL and it has a 270 hp V6. It runs low 14's stock.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

simply put...no
    Please try to avoid ignorance, suck it up, and except the fact that you made a mistake. Nobody is going to look at you differently if you make a mistake we are all human. Your responses are ignorant. I have seen more consistant times out of the Acura and Infiniti than I have out of the WRX. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. I am in LOVE with my WRX. It is stock, and it will remain that way. I am more than satisfied with its performance that is why I am KEEPING IT STOCK! It is not a drag car and I don't intend on making it one. If one magazine gets 14.8 out of the Acura or Infiniti chances are somewhere else its a lower time. Hell the WRX ranges all over the board from 14.1 to 14.9, so what are you getting at by agruing this? And yes, the G35 Sedan with the auto. trans. is obviously a 15 second car. Yet, I never once brought up the auto. trans.
    BTW- Car and Driver in July 2002 tested an Acura 3.2 CL Type S 6-spd manual and managed to get a 1/4 mile time of 14.6 @ 98MPH.
    That my friend, is a mid-14 second car. If the Accord can run a 14 why wouldn't the same car with the same driveline with 20 more HP run a similar if not better time?! (Eventhough the CL is obviously a heavier car).
    Sorry if you were offended by my mistake of saying its a low 14 second car but its damn close to being one!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

WRX is not a drag racing car, and 14 seconds is not fast.
    Youre responses are ignorant
    ......this is getting like vortex... and fast

......this is getting like vortex... and fast
    At no time do I mean ANY disrespect with whatever I say. Tasteful mature agruments are always enjoyable. I agree with you that yes, the WRX is a fast car, but as far as a 14 second 1/4 mile I wouldn't say that is what makes the WRX fast. 11, 12, 13 second cars are fast, but of those only a select few (within reason) can match the WRXs all around performance. 14 second cars are becoming more and more common (wasn't that way in 2001 when the 02 WRX was introduced) making the WRX's staightline performance average. It is definately above average for what class it is in, but just average based on other "performance oriented" vehicles. The WRX is a VERY quick car, but there are many other quick cars out there now aswell. Im not knocking the WRX or any other car out there, but it's getting to the point where stock WRXs could lose or tie with cars like the Accord, G35 Sedan and TL, where as in the past, (2002) the WRX was basically king. Aslong as this massive horsepower race continues, the WRX's straightline performance will continue to just be like any other car out there. Its kinda scary, but definately VERY cool. Still I chose WRX over the rest....for now...
    -Marc
    PS - When I said your response was ignorant, I wasn't implying that you were ignorant, just that you didn't have the right facts to back up your statements. That's all, nothing personal, so I hope I didn't come off as an a-hole.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

im still wondering where did these two cars come up from? we were all talking about wrx and a type r now we just got into a tl 6spd vs a g35 im confused
    Last edited by donmeca2020; 03-01-2004 at 02:06 PM.
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

CakePanMan, have you raced this type R yet??????
    2004 WRX

Would someone just close this thread?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

seriously its done...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

no cake hasn't raced it yet. We were going to englishtown this weekend to practice, but we're not gonna be able to get there for another couple of weeks. This will probably all go down end of march.

cakepanman doesnt deserve a wrx with those A$$ crap comments of his on other cars.

honestly man, you are better off just admitting your mistakes rather than playing them off.

cl-s is a 14sec car, as well as 5th and 6th gen man. maximas, TL-s is a mid to low 14 sec car, as well as accord v-6 6speed, 5speed 3.5 altima, G35 coupe is low 14's, sedan is high 14's, 350Z is high 13's low 14's. s2k runs low 14's, 330ci bmw with mantrans runs mid 14 to high 14's I could go on, and on, and on, and on..... and those are all V6 or smaller cars under 35grand (except 330).

just admit your #'s are faulty. instead of being ignorant, why not learn from us, and rid yourself of whatever ignorance you can.

CLUBWRX MEMBERS: bahh, i didnt want to participate in that, but I had to. may apologies for helping bring down this thead, but i am hoping this guy picks up on his mistake and learns from it, instead of hiding it.

anyways, i want race results!!!!

Wow, this sucks, are you guys done, can we stop arguing on the net pleaze? Get a life, all of you
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    cakepanman doesnt deserve a wrx with those A$$ crap comments of his on other cars.

honestly man, you are better off just admitting your mistakes rather than playing them off.

cl-s is a 14sec car, as well as 5th and 6th gen man. maximas, TL-s is a mid to low 14 sec car, as well as accord v-6 6speed, 5speed 3.5 altima, G35 coupe is low 14's, sedan is high 14's, 350Z is high 13's low 14's. s2k runs low 14's, 330ci bmw with mantrans runs mid 14 to high 14's I could go on, and on, and on, and on..... and those are all V6 or smaller cars under 35grand (except 330).

just admit your #'s are faulty. instead of being ignorant, why not learn from us, and rid yourself of whatever ignorance you can.

CLUBWRX MEMBERS: bahh, i didnt want to participate in that, but I had to. may apologies for helping bring down this thead, but i am hoping this guy picks up on his mistake and learns from it, instead of hiding it.

anyways, i want race results!!!!

cl-s gets owned by a rex.. i've been there. maximas.. don't know.. accord v6 6-spd... is this the new one? old ones were slow... g35 coupe is DEFINITELY low 14's... cake knows that.. we get owned by them daily... 350z is prolly a 14.0 flat so right on there.. i dunno about that altima either... gone up against them and the result is always the same...

the WRX is the BEST drag-racing car for its price.. no doubt about it... it cost 23k new. It will run mid to low 14's. With 2k of mods (see my post about the cobra) it is possible to put together a poor-man's stage 4 kit. With more like 4k of mods you'll be in the 11s. Thats well more than any other car for 23k (save maybe the neon) can run.

Also, what the heck is it with all you guys here defending the other cars. This board should be like "blah blah blah subaru is best" but no, we let the other forums say that we're slow-baru's and they get off saying stuff like "hey man my 323i stick can keep up with those things... for only 35k too!" Sorry.. i probably would just get more support for subaru being a better car on a non-subaru forum.

-burrito007