WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 12
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by TypeRfornow you seem to have missed my point, the type-r is a 4 cylinder, the accord is ...

Originally posted by TypeRfornow
    you seem to have missed my point, the type-r is a 4 cylinder, the accord is a v6.....
    Maybe I did then.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by TypeRfornow
    you seem to have missed my point, the type-r is a 4 cylinder, the accord is a v6.....
    You can't really compare like that because the Av6 weigh over 700lbs than the ITR.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by ilivas
    in terms of perfomance cars there are many cars that run faster than 14's. 14 second cars are really common. A stock corvette runs 12's, they're everywhere.
    14 sec car stock is pretty darn fast if you ask me. Most cars is 16s to 15s...

Lets just put it this way: the 7th generation accord v6 is much faster than it used to be. And its available in manual too which is a plus over the previous generation.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I'm saying 14 sec car to everyone else on the street is pretty slow. When my wrx was stock I was spanked quite a bit by all the modded dsm's, vette's, ls1's, srt-4's etc.. Stock for stock yeah a wrx is pretty decent. How often are racer's stock though? If I went out looking for a race I would get my ass handed to me all night.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

I'm saying 14 sec car to eveigryone else on the street is pretty slow. When my wrx was stock I was spanked quite a bit by all the modded dsm's, vette's, ls1's, srt-4's etc.. Stock for stock yeah a wrx is pretty decent. How often are racer's stock though? If I went out looking for a race I would get my ass handed to me all night.
    Blah nm... you don't seem to be getting it

Why does the amount of cylinders matter on the car?
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

i smoke a v8 like a smoke marajuana....
    so fast all the v8's say daaammmm if rice was a drug id sell it by the graaam

First - Why hasnt this thread died yet? It seems everyday more ignorant comments arise. I have seen a new Accord EX-V6 6-spd run consistant 14.5 second runs all day long at Maple Grove Race Way. They are nothing to make fun of anymore now that they have the avaliable 6-spd. Second - Number of cylinders matters really only for top end speed. Third - The new Acura TL runs strong mid to low 14s in the 1/4 mile and the G35 coupe and sedan (6-spd) as well. So cakepan, add those to your list. Fourth - The WRX is not a drag racing car, and 14 seconds is not fast. 14 second cars are respectable. I'm sorry, but for drag racing purposes (other than on the street which is still dumb at times) the WRX is bad choice. I think this thread needs to end now. We established a lot here. Type R vs. WRX could go either way. RSX-S vs. WRX favors the WRX. And now, WRX vs. Accord V6 6-spd could go either way, and from a roll no doubt a 240hp V6 would own. Sorry fellas, I love my WRX, even more than my 330i, but it's time to face it, they are fast cars, but not fast enough to talk so much smack towards other cars! There i said it! Lets focus on the fact that the WRX is an amazing car as a whole, not just driving in a straight line!!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    i smoke a v8 like a smoke marajuana....
    so fast all the v8's say daaammmm if rice was a drug id sell it by the graaam
    What mods do you have man?

your factoids are competely wrong mab...the g35 coupe is the only one in ther that runs 14's...let alone low 14s...g35 sedan and accord dont

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    What mods do you have man?
    i was quoting the type r song...which is listed like 5 posts below

your factoids are competely wrong mab...the g35 coupe is the only one in ther that runs 14's...let alone low 14s...g35 sedan and accord dont
    UMMM- No they aren't! I never post anything without doing research first! I even checked again, so i recommend you pick up March 2004 Car and Driver: They have the G35 6-spd SEDAN running a 14.6 @ 99MPH therefore you are wrong! The Acura TL runs a 14.5 @ 99MPH! In April 2003, they have the G35 coupe running a 14.2 @ 100MPH!! And according to Motor Trend in December 2003, the Accord EX-V6 Coupe 6-spd does 14.5 @ 98MPH. Sorry buddy but you were wrong! Check your stats before you start an argument!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Originally posted by Mabf355
    UMMM- No they aren't! I never post anything without doing research first! I even checked again, so i recommend you pick up March 2004 Car and Driver: They have the G35 6-spd SEDAN running a 14.6 @ 99MPH therefore you are wrong! The Acura TL runs a 14.5 @ 99MPH! In April 2003, they have the G35 coupe running a 14.2 @ 100MPH!! And according to Motor Trend in December 2003, the Accord EX-V6 Coupe 6-spd does 14.5 @ 98MPH. Sorry buddy but you were wrong! Check your stats before you start an argument!
    -Marc
    Yeah, please do. You only make yourself look stupid.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

The new Acura TL runs strong mid to low 14s in the 1/4 mile and the G35 coupe and sedan (6-spd) as well
    simply put...no