WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs INTEGRA TYPE R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Impreza01 That's news to me. The RSX-S takes like 18 seconds to get a 100 mph from ...

Originally posted by Impreza01
    That's news to me. The RSX-S takes like 18 seconds to get a 100 mph from a stop whereas the WRX takes 16 seconds. Considering the WRX's 0 to 60 will not be 2 seconds faster than the RSX from 0 to 60 mph, I really question that statement. I sometimes think that the whole "WRX can't run above 60 mph due to AWD loss" is played way too much. Hell, the celica board use to have a thread on how the celica can outrun an lan evo on a roll. A race between the RSX S and the WRX is more of a driver's race.
    burrito007

read because you post....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok ... great that guy's a n00b but don't insult my car knowledge or my brother's... we both know what AWD loss is and dont need to keep hearing these stupid "what could win in a race from xxx to xxx mph??"

we're going from a dig... at a strip... and need help

Originally posted by burrito007
    wicked... we know it has bad top... i know it has bad top.. cakepanman knows it has bad top...

we're not arguing about the stupid rsx here.... we're talking about the integra type R..

We're not talking about a 70 - 100 race... we're talking ONLY OFF THE LINE QUARTER MILE

GGNORETHNKS
    I'm not talking about 70-100 roll. We would get kill even more up at that speed. I'm talking about 40-90
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

man, this is getting rediculous, i dont understand what the problem is here.

are there any stock rex's in the dupage/schaumberg area or even chicago that would like to race me in my integra. i have few friends with rex's, but the closest to stock is exhaust, intake, and TT. plus, i dont think i could get him to race.

I do not have a type R but my car is a modded GSR and runs mid 14's which is just around (a little faster) than a type R. anyone want to go from a roll, so we can settle this top end crap?

i dont know if my car would be a proper representation of a type R though. Even with my mods, i think the type R still has better top end than me.

read my sig
    this post i a bunch of
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

This post is amusing. I love both cars so it's been fun to read.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

alright, I haven't read all the posts here, but let me say a few things from my experience. First, the type-r can hit the 14's stock, there are dynos on honda-tech.com I've seen that prove that. They obviously require good drivers though. I have a jdm type-r swap with i/h/e among other small things in my integra and I'm in the 14's (then again the jdm type-r engine had 10 more hp I believe). I don't want to sound like I'm a vtec cocky kid because believe me, I make fun of my honda more than anyone else, and I hate the honda scene all together, 95% of the people around me are stunnas or ricers. Anyway why are we argueing about who would win? Both cars weren't meant to race on the strip. I'd take either one on the backroads anyday. Cars have different purposes they are engineered for.

Anyway why are we argueing about who would win? Both cars weren't meant to race on the strip. I'd take either one on the backroads anyday. Cars have different purposes they are engineered for.
    Thank you! Its amazing how many people misinterperate the use of the WRX and the Type-R. The Type R is an excellant track car...a track with turns. It is not a great drag car and neither is the WRX by any means. Stock the WRX at best puts out respectable 1/4 mile nunbers. Subaru's goal with the WRX was not to have a 1/4 mile racer but rather an all around great sports car. The Type R is the same way. My friend used to have one that he raced with Ferrari Club and truthfully, he put out better numbers on road courses and Pocono Raceway then he would have on the drag strip. I didn't buy the WRX to stoplight race people. There are Mustangs, Camaros, etc. for that. Those cars are powerful, rwd, and designed for going straight. The WRX and the ITR aren't. It's like beating a dead horse with these street racing stories between any car, especially the Integra R vs. WRX debate. I say, take your race to the road course and see who gets the best time out of that. Plus you will be more impressed with your WRX there then on the drag strip!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ok....why does every wrx vs. the world thread contain the words "wrx has bad top end because of awd drivetrain loss"...i think everyone in this forum has heard that crap a million times..please...please close the thread
    I've been subscibed to this thread for a while and got enough fun out of it.
    After this post I'm done.
    Everyone is always talking about drivetrain loss of the wrx at high gears. "AWD is not good for top end!"
    Nobody realy talks about the crappy tranny that they stick us with in the US.
    We get the gears from the JDM WRX wagon.
    NOT from the real WRX
    Does everyone think that 3rd gear pulls hard as hell, and then when we shift to fourth, BAM, drivetrain loss!
    NO!!!!
    Thats Crappy-Ass gears!!
    Teh JDM WRX has shorter gears for 4&5 gear.
    Stop calling it drivetrain loss.
    Are evo's slow on top end?
    STi's?
    BTW hondas will be obsolete in 2 years.
    Last edited by wrmax2002; 02-27-2004 at 04:39 AM.
    Your signature sucks

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    man, this is getting rediculous, i dont understand what the problem is here.

are there any stock rex's in the dupage/schaumberg area or even chicago that would like to race me in my integra. i have few friends with rex's, but the closest to stock is exhaust, intake, and TT. plus, i dont think i could get him to race.

I do not have a type R but my car is a modded GSR and runs mid 14's which is just around (a little faster) than a type R. anyone want to go from a roll, so we can settle this top end crap?

i dont know if my car would be a proper representation of a type R though. Even with my mods, i think the type R still has better top end than me.
    We can run, I am in Schaumburg. but I am far from stock.

BTW IBTL
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

drivetrain loss is the same at 1 mph as 130 mph, it doesn't really change. The low-end should be the same as top end. The limiting factor for the WRX in top-end would be gearing or a really bad drag coefficient.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by wrmax2002
    BTW hondas will be obsolete in 2 years.
    Maybe you ought to look around you and count how many Civics and Accords you see on your way into work or school. I highly doubt that Honda's will be obsolete in 2 years seeing as how they are one of the top car companies in the world.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by TypeRfornow
    alright, I haven't read all the posts here, but let me say a few things from my experience. First, the type-r can hit the 14's stock, there are dynos on honda-tech.com I've seen that prove that. They obviously require good drivers though. I have a jdm type-r swap with i/h/e among other small things in my integra and I'm in the 14's (then again the jdm type-r engine had 10 more hp I believe). I don't want to sound like I'm a vtec cocky kid because believe me, I make fun of my honda more than anyone else, and I hate the honda scene all together, 95% of the people around me are stunnas or ricers. Anyway why are we argueing about who would win? Both cars weren't meant to race on the strip. I'd take either one on the backroads anyday. Cars have different purposes they are engineered for.
    Your JDM Type R motor has much more power than the USDM one. They under rate the power on that car in Japan by 20hp with the 98-up Type R Motors. My friend owns a shop and he swapped a JDM Type R motor into a gutted civic hatchback and it ran a 13.2 with JUST an intake and running the stock JDM open header.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

i've seen a jdm type r dyno, i believe it was stock and it only dynoed at 163 hp. on paper USDM type r says 195 hp but it is less when dynoed. im a honda man as of now but turbo + AWD = type R loses i mean if its a worked type r its a different story, but other then that theres really no question wrx will take it stock vs stock
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.