Forester XT vs. Acura RSX Type S
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Acura RSX Type S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm casualy doing about 60mph on the highway and this RSX Type S comes screaming from behind and starts tailgaiting. ...

str

Forester XT vs. Acura RSX Type S

I'm casualy doing about 60mph on the highway and this RSX Type S comes screaming from behind and starts tailgaiting. There was some traffic ahead so the guys follows me off my exit. His car was pretty loud so there was definetly some exhaust work but I am unsure of any other mods. Off the exit we get to line up at a light. He looks over and points to the light so I knew it was on. I have beaten some RXS Type S's in my WRX Wagon so I pretty much knew it would be close. Man I was suprised, I totaly walked away form this guy. When I hit 60 he was at leat 3 cars back. We hit anohter light and he pulled up and rolled his window down and said he got a crappy launch so he wanted to do it again. He asked me what my mods were abd I said "just the t-tags". We raced again this time up to about 80mph and he was about 4 cars or so back. The Forester Wagon rules!! He got beside me and kept insisting that I had mods. He wanted to race again and I said "get back to me when you add about 50hp and I'll think about it".
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HAHAHAHAHA NICE

WRX
    good kill!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

J-H
    Awesome!
    I just keep thinking in trading my WRX in (the extra space is nice). But then I contemplate in trading it in for the new legacy (I little more refined)...choices, choices, choices....I am glad you made the right one...

JH

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha, great kill story! The XT is a beast, indeed. Now start modding the sh|t out of it and get back to us on the results.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Why were you surprised that you smoked a RSX-S that maybe had an exhaust? Aren't the new XT's like high 13 second cars, low 14s at worst? It would take a RSX-S with I/H/E + Hondata to hang with you, and even with that setup he probably won't touch you from a stop.

The funny thing is, so few people probably know of the potential of the Forrester XT that they're going to be in for a big surprise when they run across one. I'll ahve to get on ClubRSX and see if anyone is crying and saying they ran across "some Forrester and he must have been spraying to beat me like that"

good run!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

awesome

I swear...the next car for me is going to be an XT. Awesome kill!!

I raced my friend with rsx-s and absolutely destroyed him! i didnt think i would But i did
    nice kill
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

Originally posted by DrewToTheC
    I raced my friend with rsx-s and absolutely destroyed him! i didnt think i would But i did
    nice kill
    Why? You're stage 2, that would rape most RSX's.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Why were you surprised that you smoked a RSX-S that maybe had an exhaust? Aren't the new XT's like high 13 second cars, low 14s at worst? It would take a RSX-S with I/H/E + Hondata to hang with you, and even with that setup he probably won't touch you from a stop.

The funny thing is, so few people probably know of the potential of the Forrester XT that they're going to be in for a big surprise when they run across one. I'll ahve to get on ClubRSX and see if anyone is crying and saying they ran across "some Forrester and he must have been spraying to beat me like that"

good run!
    Of course if there were any turns involved the outcome would be a little different....

Originally posted by smokey
    Why? You're stage 2, that would rape most RSX's.
    this was when i was stock, she wont race me now but i think she may not be that great of a driver cuz i beat her bad!

drew
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

Originally posted by dangrass
    Of course if there were any turns involved the outcome would be a little different....
    I doubt it. The RSX-S isn't a spectacular handler.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Nice kill. I like the RSX, and I am pretty sure they are stronger on the highway than around town. I ran with one when I had my stage 4. He had I/H/E and although I beat him, it wasn't the ass whupin' that I expected.......on the other hand he was shocked to be pulled on by a wagon.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

str
    I wasn't totaly shoked that I beat him, just at how easily my car pulled on him. I was able to beat every RSX I raced with my WRX but it never pulled that hard like the Forester. The 0-60 times on the Forester compaired to the WRX are very similar but the Forester feels quicker especialy in first gear and to 60mph. We'll se how she does at the track soon. I'm guessing very low 14's or maybe even a sub 14 with a good launch.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Nooice!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast