Ran a new porsche turbo today!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ran a new porsche turbo today!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Scott, that is one beautiful car, love it! There's a GT3 that I've seen on the boulevard a few times, ...

Scott, that is one beautiful car, love it! There's a GT3 that I've seen on the boulevard a few times, I'd love to get lined up with him, I think it would be a good race
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Scott n Houston
    Just for the record. I drive a 2002 Twin Turbo, and I believe ya. What others said is very true. If he was in wrong gear, or something else, it could easily happen. I've had times where I didn't down shift when I should, or something and let slower cars hang for a while with me. It happens.

And in a straight line, there are modded cars that can out accelerate me. The 996 Turbo isn't made for just stop light racing and straight line racing. It's a combination of wicked fast power, and the best handling available.

Here's my car:

Nice. Sharkster, on my forum, has a 996 that he's taken into the 9s...

I know they're fast cars, but this guy got on it and got a surprise!

Yes, for the other question, I dyno'ed 323rwhp/335rwtq with just a lid/cutout...now I have a few more secret mods muahahaha, but they're minor and probably only put me at 340-350rwhp. Still, enough to hang with a car like that at speeds that low.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by bad360rt
    Scott, that is one beautiful car, love it! There's a GT3 that I've seen on the boulevard a few times, I'd love to get lined up with him, I think it would be a good race
    It probably would according to your times. The thing is, no one buys a GT3 to go straight.

That truck is damn fast. I bet you shock a lot of people on the street.
    Scott in Houston

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Nice. Sharkster, on my forum, has a 996 that he's taken into the 9s...

I know they're fast cars, but this guy got on it and got a surprise!

Yes, for the other question, I dyno'ed 323rwhp/335rwtq with just a lid/cutout...now I have a few more secret mods muahahaha, but they're minor and probably only put me at 340-350rwhp. Still, enough to hang with a car like that at speeds that low.

What forum is that?

nice HP numbers btw. That car is not 'stock' like your sig says. hehe
    Scott in Houston

What forum is that?

nice HP numbers btw. That car is not 'stock' like your sig says. hehe
    raccoonracing.com

Sharkster is a character. Him and his friends roll around in FAST cars...9 and 10 sec cars molesting the street racers.
    2003 SRT-4

Yeah. I know him from another board as well. I was just curious which one. The 911 Turbo is easily modded to run just ridiculous speeds and still be able to out handle anything.

You can get it into the 10's, and not lose anything of its handling characteristics which is amazing. You can't do that in any other car.

I'm happy with mine as is... for now.
    Scott in Houston

Yeah. I know him from another board as well. I was just curious which one. The 911 Turbo is easily modded to run just ridiculous speeds and still be able to out handle anything.

You can get it into the 10's, and not lose anything of its handling characteristics which is amazing. You can't do that in any other car.

I'm happy with mine as is... for now.
    Yes, I would muuuuuuuuccccchhhh rather drive a 996 than my ls1...still, with my current financial situation, $12k is way more do-able than $130k
    2003 SRT-4

I posted about my run in with a Turbo about 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty close to TXS Stg. 2 and it was like I was in a Civic racing an STI. That turbo just pulled, and pulled, and pulled. I might as well been sitting still.

Originally posted by scoobie1
    I posted about my run in with a Turbo about 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty close to TXS Stg. 2 and it was like I was in a Civic racing an STI. That turbo just pulled, and pulled, and pulled. I might as well been sitting still.
    I saw that post. The pull on the Turbo 911 is amazing. The driver really makes a difference though. Shifting quickly is so important on this car to minimize the amount of boost lost.
    The car is so fast though, that it helps cover mistakes of bad drivers a lot of times.
    Scott in Houston

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Yes, I would muuuuuuuuccccchhhh rather drive a 996 than my ls1...still, with my current financial situation, $12k is way more do-able than $130k
    Hard to beat that 'bang for the buck'.
    Scott in Houston

It probably would according to your times. The thing is, no one buys a GT3 to go straight.

That truck is damn fast. I bet you shock a lot of people on the street.
    Yeah, it definitely catches people off guard, that's one of the things I love about it. With the Hotchkis and BFG's it handles really well...for a truck, I'm sure it's still nothing like that GT3, or yours. I'd give a kidney for either one
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Originally posted by bad360rt
    Yeah, it definitely catches people off guard, that's one of the things I love about it. With the Hotchkis and BFG's it handles really well...for a truck, I'm sure it's still nothing like that GT3, or yours. I'd give a kidney for either one
    hehe. If I need a kidney, I'll make that trade.

The GT3 and my car are virtual ties in speed and handling. It's just a difference in method (AWD, turbo, high torque vs RWD, NA, high reving engine). Both cars are a blast.
    Scott in Houston

I have a 03 Cobra with the basic upgrades 477 RWHP and I ran a 996 TT from 45 MPH and pulled him at an ok click to 120 MPH. Those cars are really fast. I also ran my friend with a 2000Camaro SS with 400 rwhp and pulled him to 120 MPH. I must say, that the 996 TT gave me a thougher race.
    Last edited by Drod; 02-08-2004 at 09:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12