Modded GTI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Modded GTI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was dropping my friends girlfriend off on my way home last night. She loves my car and always wants ...

I Support ClubWRX

Modded GTI

I was dropping my friends girlfriend off on my way home last night. She loves my car and always wants me to drive it fast when she's in it. I usually do not acknowledge her requests, but tonite I decided to indulge a bit.
    I turned onto t 2 lane road (Dean Street in Englewood for the Bergen County people). I quickly pulled up next to a nice modded GTI and we both were ready to go but there were 2 cops sitting on the side of the road who I'm sure would have been all too eager to pull us over. So after we got a few blocks down, he floors and pulls in front of me and lets off. I return the favor. It went back and forth like this until we caught a light.
    We lined up and took off on green. I got about 1 car length with a decent launch despite my slipping clutch, but we both hit the brakes at about 50 because there was a curve up ahead. The curve has a posted speed of 15 mph and it was wet so we both took it easy.
    After the curve, just about everyone gets in the right lane to make a right at the next light, so I figured it would be a rat-race to get there. We took the corner side by side. Since I was on the inside I had to wait just a fraction longer than him to get on it. By the time i hit the gas he was ~1 car length from me. I was able to pass him by ~65 and get to the corner before him. Mind you this whole time this girl is in my front seat giggling uncontrolably. I hit the corner a little fast (although not any faster than I do when I wanna get a nice drift through this corner) so I came around the curve with the back end out a little. I looked in my rearview and saw the GTI fly around the corner (and get a little squirely), pull up next to me and give me a thumbs up. I returned the favor and we parted. Nice guy, fun race.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a fun night.
    Never stop learning.

sounds fun......wish there wasn't snow everywhere....maybe I could have fun too!

vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Sounds like alot of fun, the only thing I'm confused about is that you said in one part you only had him by 1 car........your car is stage IV, shouldn't you have smoked him hard? I used to pound modded gti's back when I had my 02 with just a stage 2 txs set-up....any idea what his mods were?
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    Sounds like alot of fun, the only thing I'm confused about is that you said in one part you only had him by 1 car........your car is stage IV, shouldn't you have smoked him hard? I used to pound modded gti's back when I had my 02 with just a stage 2 txs set-up....any idea what his mods were?
    I really don't know what his mods were. The problem was that my clutch has been slipping on hard power and I haven't been able to launch well at all. I got a halfway decent launch, but not very good by wrx standards I guess. Also, it was only up to 50mph... that's a pretty short race.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

it must not have been a vr-6 or my vr-6 for that matter

cuz all you'd here is my stage 2 turbo setup spool and my tires not griping while i passed you i get the wrxs from a rol every time but a light ..... its ussaly a good fight on 8 psi
    if its not fast it better be a show car

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by j-style
    it must not have been a vr-6 or my vr-6 for that matter

cuz all you'd here is my stage 2 turbo setup spool and my tires not griping while i passed you i get the wrxs from a rol every time but a light ..... its ussaly a good fight on 8 psi
    Considering you're in maryland, I'm pretty sure it probably wasn't you! What kinda times do you run? Either way, I'm coming for ya!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

Originally posted by MidKnight
    Considering you're in maryland, I'm pretty sure it probably wasn't you! What kinda times do you run? Either way, I'm coming for ya!

how much boost do you wnat the times on

13.7s on 8 psi
    13.0 on 12 ps
    12.5 on 16

11.9 on 25 psi on the high way its a BEAST i mess with srt 10-s on full boost
    Last edited by j-style; 02-08-2004 at 12:10 PM.

Originally posted by j-style
    how much boost do you wnat the times on

13.7s on 8 psi
    13.0 on 12 ps
    12.5 on 16

11.9 on 25 psi on the high way its a BEAST i mess with srt 10-s on full boost
    Where in MD are you, I'm sure your aquanted with EIP. I live right near them. Are those actual times you got? Seems like an awful big spread for those boost incriments. Not saying yoru lying just curious if you actually got those times or if their estimated. If so, what were your trap speeds?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    cool but racing in the wet can be trouble!! Hate to read on here about another lost member Be safe!
    2003 SRT-4

na eip is beat and my trap speed for the 11.9 was like 118.5 i don't have the lsips anymroe but it was a really cold day and i was on drag radials eip is good for exhaoust window tint and stickers
    Last edited by j-style; 02-08-2004 at 04:06 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    cool but racing in the wet can be trouble!! Hate to read on here about another lost member Be safe!
    It wasn't really wet everywhere... snow had melted so it was just a few patches. I definitely wasn't 100% because of the varying conditions.

J-Style, your car is an animal! Do you run 25psi daily? Are those all on pump gas? Those are very impressive numbers!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

oh hell no i run 8 psi every day and i only boost those numbers on 98 octane i don't mess with any thing over 10 psi oon 93 octane

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    It depends on just how modded the GTI was. If it was stage iii then I can see the outcome being like reported.

Good kill!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

so wehre are you located? Interesting you dont like eip, my friend hosts their site in trade of some fab work on his turboII. The owners are pretty trustworthy and they actually care about the quality of their work. Thats pretty rare these days. DId you have a bad experience with them? Also it seems to me they've proved their tuning capabilities, didn't they have the fastest gti at one point?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast