If I came into some money....have mercy - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on If I came into some money....have mercy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by MidKnight Great Googa Mooga! I'll take two! Your response made me laugh. Funny sh1t....

Originally posted by MidKnight
    Great Googa Mooga!

I'll take two!
    Your response made me laugh. Funny sh1t.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2001s4,
    Man, you didnt know that Googa Mooga is the god of the Wrx vs. the World forum?

RJ
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

Originally posted by eightballrj
    2001s4,
    Man, you didnt know that Googa Mooga is the god of the Wrx vs. the World forum?

RJ
    UH, NOO

tisk tisk....behind times. We all agreed on it, hmmm maybe two weeks ago. LOL

RJ
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

tisk tisk....behind times. We all agreed on it, hmmm maybe two weeks ago. LOL

RJ
    um, ok

whoa now... I was just being goofy. Didnt mean to offend you if I did. Just for fun and games.... I was trying to say that, you know when people see something like that some people say great god or good lord or something along those lines. Ah, well I guess I only thought it was funny. Back to the awesome motor.

RJ

whoa now... I was just being goofy. Didnt mean to offend you if I did. Just for fun and games.... I was trying to say that, you know when people see something like that some people say great god or good lord or something along those lines. Ah, well I guess I only thought it was funny. Back to the awesome motor.

RJ
    Watch Evolution with David Duchovny and Orlando Jones, you will hear that line there.

Ah, bingo, lol. I guess I should have read into that more. Cool, no worries.

Well, first off, there is no such item as an "uppipe" in the picture. You only see one on Suby engines because it has a 4 mile long header that is in multiple pieces.

That engine has headers with (what appear to be) 1-7/8+ primaries and a 3.5"+ collector. Looks like a great setup for exhaust velocity as well as top end power to me...but what do I know.

Maybe you are confusing the external wastegate piping?

Anyway, I still think forward swept headers play with the mind.

VV

Originally posted by J-H
    Crazy!!!!

Is that like a 5" downpipe or something?

I am not mechanically inclined but it seems to me that what would be the uppipe on that car is pretty thin. If so, does that mean that, in combination with the V8 "spooling capacities", lag would not be a problem on this set up (of course there is lag, but the turbo would spool very fast). If none of this is true please correct me, its just I am having a hard time picturing this in real life (porportions and stuff, looks unreal), it is bad *** looking...

JH

Edit: looked at it again...you might just faint if that gets revved next to you...it would suck all the air around you.....

You are correct when you say there is no up-pipe. I believe what he's referring to is the cross-over pipe connecting both headers before meeting the exhaust side of the turbo.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

J-H
    Thanks for explaining this to me. I had never seen this type of set-up (the wastegate part...). I am looking at this picture and I can't figure it out (lot of pipes). It looks awesome....

JH

Follow the exhaust stream from the header (one tube per exhaust port: 4 per head) to the collector (where the tubes run together; multiple stages in this setup; 4 to 1, per bank, each to one at the turbine inlet) The external wastegate is plumbed into this collector, and the downpipe. Incoming exhaust is held until wastegate is opened, then flows into downpipe (bypassing turbine).

HTH

VV

Originally posted by J-H
    Thanks for explaining this to me. I had never seen this type of set-up (the wastegate part...). I am looking at this picture and I can't figure it out (lot of pipes). It looks awesome....

JH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123