I love my car!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I love my car! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I love my car,...

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar

Cool I love my car!

I love my car,
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: I love my car!

Originally posted by Death To Ricers
    I love my car,
    what the!! I thought there's gonna be a story in here. Instead I find your thread title echos my SIG...
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    oops stupid enter button! Anyways I just flat out love my car! Today it snowed about 6 inches where I live and there were big 4 wheel drive trucks spinning there tires and I just cruised right past them like it wasnt even snowing. I started thinking about it too, I sometimes take my sooby for granate and it made me kinda slow down and really appreciate what a fine machine I have and how great it is to own one!
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

koo...

Re: I love my car!

Originally posted by Death To Ricers
    I love my car,
    Not to be a ****, just curious, but why is you name "death to ricers" When you drive a Japanese car yourself? Subarus are 100% made in Japan unlike most other Japanese cars. Isn't your car just as "rice" as mine?
    03 Artic Blue Pearl Acura RSX Type S:

Re: Re: I love my car!

Originally posted by Matts Type S
    Not to be a ****, just curious, but why is you name "death to ricers" When you drive a Japanese car yourself? Subarus are 100% made in Japan unlike most other Japanese cars. Isn't your car just as "rice" as mine?
    The term rice usually denotes FWD, inline 4 cylinder in my opinion.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

J-H
    I don't think if you drive a japanese car you are a ricer.... it is not the "official" definition of a ricer.

BTW, is there a car that is riced-out straight of the factory? RICE-STOCK, STOCK Type-Rice, etc...(sorry to hi-jack)

I still have to put the rex on roads with such conditions...maybe next time I go to Mammoth...

JH

Re: Re: Re: I love my car!

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    The term rice usually denotes FWD, inline 4 cylinder in my opinion.
    LMFAO!!! So since the main difference between your car and a Neon SRT-4 or Mazda Protege, for example, is that your car has an extra set of driving wheels, and a different 4 cylinder engine design, and that automatically makes your car exempt from being included in your definition of rice whereas the other ones would be. LOL

Anyway, to me, "rice" more has to do with the attitude of the driver. His/her car focuses more on getting attention instead of high performance and the driver knows very little about performance or cars in general. For example:
    Mods: HKS Down Pipes, AEM intake, Blow off valves...
    How many WRX's have multiple downpipes and blow off valves???

Doesn't matter what it is: Supra, Mustang, Civic, Hyundai, or BMW, Subaru, Corvette, F-body... I've seen "riced out" version of every one that absolutely disgust me.

But everybody has a right to their own opinion, and to modify their car how they want. Just because everyone else laughs at them, doesn't make them wrong.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

A ricer is someone who does mods to their car to make people think its fast.

Like a giant wing on the back of a 100hp honda.

I dont think that wing is functional.

or someone who puts fake nitrous bottles where people can see them.

or someone who puts 355 wide tires on their car when they have 100hp.
    2000 Mustang GT - 620hp/500tq

thanks for the clarification....i always understood a "ricer" as any japanese car with aftermarket mods. i guess i'll have to take those NOS and 2Fast 2Furious stickers off my car now
    03 Artic Blue Pearl Acura RSX Type S:

thanks for the clarification....i always understood a "ricer" as any japanese car with aftermarket mods. i guess i'll have to take those NOS and 2Fast 2Furious stickers off my car now
    Oh yeah, good point. I forgot to add that a ricer is someone who puts stickers on their car of stuff they dont even have.
    2000 Mustang GT - 620hp/500tq

Re: Re: I love my car!

you can have a American RICE too...

agree with basically what J-H said.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I love my car!

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    LMFAO!!! So since the main difference between your car and a Neon SRT-4 or Mazda Protege, for example, is that your car has an extra set of driving wheels, and a different 4 cylinder engine design, and that automatically makes your car exempt from being included in your definition of rice whereas the other ones would be. LOL

Anyway, to me, "rice" more has to do with the attitude of the driver. His/her car focuses more on getting attention instead of high performance and the driver knows very little about performance or cars in general. For example: How many WRX's have multiple downpipes and blow off valves???

Doesn't matter what it is: Supra, Mustang, Civic, Hyundai, or BMW, Subaru, Corvette, F-body... I've seen "riced out" version of every one that absolutely disgust me.

But everybody has a right to their own opinion, and to modify their car how they want. Just because everyone else laughs at them, doesn't make them wrong.
    I agree with you 100%
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

J-H
    All kinds of rice. German, Japanese, American, you name it...they got it...

http://www.craigfr.com/rice/pictures.html

Wanted to select my favorite ones but I can't figure out how to attach images

JH
    Last edited by J-H; 02-06-2004 at 03:25 PM.

Originally posted by v6killer

Like a giant wing on the back of a 100hp honda.

I dont think that wing is functional.

Even if it's a 350 hp Honda it's still stupid. A true spoiler on the rear is to reduce lift... in other words, add down force to the rear of the car. Makes sense right? Well, only on RWD cars. If there's not complimentary spoilers on the front, then you're actually make the car more dangerous and SLOWER. When you apply down force to one side of the car, what does it do to the other side? Lifts it. How bad is that on a FWD car?!

Those people with the giant wings are morons.
    Scott in Houston

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.