Me (2000 mustang GT) vs. WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me (2000 mustang GT) vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off, I want to say that I really do like WRX's (friend has a WRX wagon), but this guy ...

WRX vs. 2000 Mustang GT

First off, I want to say that I really do like WRX's (friend has a WRX wagon), but this guy I ran into was a real jerk!

I was on the interstate, minding my own business when a blue WRX (newer style, dont know the year, 02 maybe?) came right up on my tail. I got over expecting him to just pass on by, but as soon as he got beside me he flipped me the bird

He kept revving his engine like he wanted to race. I really wasnt in the mood and usually dont street race, but we had the whole interstate to ourselves and he wouldnt leave me alone.

We were doing about 55, so I dropped from 5th to 3rd and acted like I was going to take off. I accellerated, put half car on him. He saw that I was racing and then hit the gas and I let him get a car on me. After I figured he thought he had smoked me, I mashed the gas and blew by him. After about 4-5 seconds I had about 10 cars on him.

I slowed down to let him pass by so I could see his reaction and he refused to look over at me He kept staring straight ahead like nothing had happened. It was funny as hell.

I read a few posts in this forum, and most of you guys seem cool, and I know my friend doesnt act like this, so Im not going to stereotype WRX's with jerks, but this guy sure was one...
    Last edited by v6killer; 02-03-2004 at 09:03 PM.
    2000 Mustang GT - 620hp/500tq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did the wrx look and sound pretty much stock?

Originally posted by FilMaNutts
    did the wrx look and sound pretty much stock?
    I guess? Im not sure... Unfortunately I dont have much experience with them to be able to tell the diff. between modded and stock WRX's, srry.

620 hp eh? I'd kill myself in an hour with that kinda motivation. You supercharged or using the exhaust to force air in the cylinders? Bottle fed? Man, I wish I knew someone around here with a Stang of that nature, would love a ride in one.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by brembo
    620 hp eh? I'd kill myself in an hour with that kinda motivation. You supercharged or using the exhaust to force air in the cylinders? Bottle fed? Man, I wish I knew someone around here with a Stang of that nature, would love a ride in one.
    The car is pretty quick, it can definately get up and go. My only problem is traction (i envy awd!).

Its vortech supercharged with a built motor and lots of room for more power

I could see traction being an issue...lol.

Quick you say. Then my car is slow

I *might* get ya to...oh...say 25-30 mph, then I think I'd become familiar with how the rear of yer car looks, fading away quickly. Slap on some DR's and then I would get to watch you the whole time
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by brembo
    I could see traction being an issue...lol.

Quick you say. Then my car is slow

I *might* get ya to...oh...say 25-30 mph, then I think I'd become familiar with how the rear of yer car looks, fading away quickly. Slap on some DR's and then I would get to watch you the whole time
    I run 315 nitto DR's

Hey, welcome to the club!

I was about to raise the BS flag until I saw your sig. DAYUM!!!
    Pics/video of your car?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Sounds like you've got a needle in a haystack...
    Is it still a 4.6 or did you bore or stroke it?
    CZ
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

Originally posted by WRX=Imprezzed
    Sounds like you've got a needle in a haystack...
    Is it still a 4.6 or did you bore or stroke it?
    CZ
    You would be surprised at how many 500+hp mustangs there are out there

and yeah, its still a lowely 4.6

I know there are a few out there, but most are ticking time bombs, what is your kit built with? Coast High Performance?

Christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

I know there are a few out there, but most are ticking time bombs, what is your kit built with? Coast High Performance?

Christopher
    I respectfully disagree with the ticking timebomb statement.

Its all in the tune. If its tuned right, you can put just as many miles on the car as if you had nothing done to it at all. Lean the car out, and then *boom*

I have a vortech supercharger and a few other items. No nitrous though.

Oh, and not sure who coast high performance is.

From experience,

A good friend is a tuner for Kenne Bell, with there basic intercooled kit and 9 psi of boost makes 400 whp...if not more..

On 15 psi it makes 450 whp....

on 15psi and a safe tune with the stock block a ROD spit through the side of the block...the pistons were fine....the rods were not up to the task, so i say, anything making over 400whp over a decent period of time is a ticking (rod spitting through the block) time bomb...RESPECTFULLY SPEAKING...
    You are making 500 h.p. ....on a stock block, it will not hold that much power, it will pop...

Mod motors are just now beginning to see the aftermarket world come around...
    So there are not too many built cars running around...
    simply put...
    CZ
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

From experience,

A good friend is a tuner for Kenne Bell, with there basic intercooled kit and 9 psi of boost makes 400 whp...if not more..

On 15 psi it makes 450 whp....

on 15psi and a safe tune with the stock block a ROD spit through the side of the block...the pistons were fine....the rods were not up to the task, so i say, anything making over 400whp over a decent period of time is a ticking (rod spitting through the block) time bomb...RESPECTFULLY SPEAKING...
    You are making 500 h.p. ....on a stock block, it will not hold that much power, it will pop...

Mod motors are just now beginning to see the aftermarket world come around...
    So there are not too many built cars running around...
    simply put...
    CZ
    Whoever said I had a stock block? Obviously my car isnt stock. 00 GT's make 225rwhp stock (im a tad above that). Anyone with 500+rwhp (02 and below) is not running a stock block. Mustangs arent supra's. Dont get so upset, its just a friendly conversation

Im making 600+hp on my forged 4.6

Go check out corral.net forums and you will see many 500+hp cars

BUT - with that being said, Cobras are coming with STOCK forged blocks and many many people are seeing 500+hp on 03's w/ minimal mods on stock blocks.
    Last edited by v6killer; 02-04-2004 at 09:33 PM.

Dude,
    Not upset...

U missed my point, i gave you props on the built 4.6 that is making very good power....

Then i said "If you are running a stock block (talking in third person) making that much power like most are it is only a matter of time"
    Point: stock block = time bomb with that much power, look at original post...
    Needle in a hay stack: forged 500 horse monster...

I own a mustang and am a member at the corral for atleast 7 years....and i know most at those boards....
    not alot of built 4.6's running around....

My brother has an 03' cobra, switched it to a turbo setup and is making 650 whp on mild boost....
    I know about these cars, was just giving you props....
    i agree to disagree, there are not that many 500+ H.P. mustang actually driving around....actually driving that is...
    CZ
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.