wrx vs. an eagle talon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs. an eagle talon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This Friday i am going to race an all-wheel-drive turbo charged Eagle Talon at LACR in Palmdale...I dont know how ...

wrx vs. an eagle talon

This Friday i am going to race an all-wheel-drive turbo charged Eagle Talon at LACR in Palmdale...I dont know how many horses he's running with....do u guys know? For those of you who don't know what an eagle talon is...its those really cheap looking cars that look like the old school Mitsubishi eclipses...there isn't too many of them out there but hopefully you guys know how it looks...ill try to get pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    yea, it all depends on how his car is running, and whether he has mods or not...you can make those cars pretty fast for not too much $$ at all...He can just remove the cat and up the boost and he'll smoke you...
    2003 SRT-4

well don't expect to rip him out of the hole like u do alot of cars ... i have seen street gs-x and talons first gens running low 11s they are quick with just a big 16g a turbo back intake and boost controller
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Those talons can be real quick. My roomate drives a 95' Eclipse GSX and up until lately he would walk all over me. They run 210 hp stock and have the beauty of all wheel drive. They weigh about the same as the WRX as well.

Ya im in highschool and my auto teacher modded his daughters car to the FREAKIN NUTS stage. it ran the 1/4 in 11.2 eek:
    ahhh he always makes fun of me cuz i wont be that fast!
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

Originally posted by DrewToTheC
    Ya im in highschool and my auto teacher modded his daughters car to the FREAKIN NUTS stage. it ran the 1/4 in 11.2 eek:
    ahhh he always makes fun of me cuz i wont be that fast!
    I for one will NOT let my daughter drive an 11 second car

Maybe Im just not trusting
    2000 Mustang GT - 620hp/500tq

what year is the car? the 1g cars have a bigger turbo on them than the 2g cars do......i have a friend who has a 2g and when i was stock he could pretty much hang with me about a car back.....so don't underestimate these cars they can be fast...
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

im driving an 04 wrx thats fully stock...and he's driving the talon fully stock...how do u guys think the race will go? he drives pretty well but maybe this is a buyest opinion but i think i drive better than him...he keeps nagging me about putting money on it. But i don't know...

Originally posted by evokilla
    what year is the car? the 1g cars have a bigger turbo on them than the 2g cars do......i have a friend who has a 2g and when i was stock he could pretty much hang with me about a car back.....so don't underestimate these cars they can be fast...
    i dont know wat year it is but i am pretty sure it is the 1st gen.

it will be fast if he wants to race you better hope he misses a gear or he is a rice cooker
    if its not fast it better be a show car

sht
    if its stock for stock i think you should have him pretty ease. if you can drive. but when it goes mod for mod our done those things are beast. crazy mod ability with those cars.
    jesse
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by FilMaNutts
    he drives pretty well but maybe this is a buyest opinion but i think i drive better than him...
    LOL. It's BIASED .

he keeps nagging me about putting money on it.
    sounds fishy ... Like maybe he's not stock after all?

4G63 motors are serious...

My partner has a 2g eclipse, it is a front wheel drive, so traction is an issue until 3rd gear...but if i would have known these cars even existed in 1999 when i was looking for a car, i'd be driving a DSM, they are so damn fun...

I raced a few AWD eclipses, some box stock and some not stock whatsoever...

Stock for Stock, very close....up to driver....big emphasis on driver..

I have Turbo Back exhaust and Ecutek tuned to 16 psi...

I Raced 97 GSX with Hahn Super 16g (10cm) exhaust side.
    Big front mount, etc....etc...

Raced him from a dead stop and got 2 carlengths out of the hole on 3 different occasions...
    Never looked back...
    From a freeway roll he will pull a carlength or two but he's got the bigger turbo....he should be pulling on me...
    just goes to show how strong the wrx can be....even in close to stock form...
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

if its truely a stock for stock race than you will hands down. you have the faster car, and your car is fast enough to even throw in some driver error on your part, if that happens.

if hes modded in anyway past an intake, dont put money on it. all he needs is $350 to tear you apart. if you want to go for money i dont see why not if you are confident in your driving ability. either way, if he beats you, then you know he was lying about being stock, so look under his hood, dont pay him, and then punch him in the stomach for lying to you.

stock eagle TSI is good for low 15's and high 14's with a really good driver. wrx is a low 14sec car and easily a mid 14sec car with average driver.

It also makes a difference if he is a 1G or a 2G talon. The first gen. have a 14b turbo and is much quicker than the T25 on the second gen. If it's a first gen. it'll be real close. If it's a second gen. stock for stock you should have no problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.