wrx vs. an eagle talon - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on wrx vs. an eagle talon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2001S4 Are you talking about modded talons and eclipses? no, i was referring to stock. most run ...

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Are you talking about modded talons and eclipses?
    no, i was referring to stock. most run a 14.8-15.2 in manual version. 14.8 being with an exceptional driver. most I see are running 15 flat or so.

if we were talking about modded turbo eclipses or talons, you cant judge their potential, because it is more or less endless. like i said, I have seen people run mid 13's on turbo back intake and MBC. and once you start upgrading turbos is where this car really shines. the motor(especially early 90's DSM) has the internals to hold tons of power stock. with a turbo upgrade and necessary bolt on's, people see a 11's like clock work

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey i didnt get to race the eagle talon but i did get to go to the track for the first time.....ma fastest time was a 14.98.....my dumbass went there with a full tank of gas and i had stuff in the trunk...i think the next time i go imma do a little weight reduction...i got to run 5 times and i also let my cousin run twice...so ma car ran 7 times and i got there at 7:30....so i was happy....it was exciting!!!

Originally posted by FilMaNutts
    hey i didnt get to race the eagle talon but i did get to go to the track for the first time.....ma fastest time was a 14.98.....my dumbass went there with a full tank of gas and i had stuff in the trunk...i think the next time i go imma do a little weight reduction...i got to run 5 times and i also let my cousin run twice...so ma car ran 7 times and i got there at 7:30....so i was happy....it was exciting!!!
    So to get a 14.98 did you drop the clutch at 7000 RPM

I would never drop the clutch in a all-wheel drive car, because of past expierences. People who do it alot probaly have problems putting it into first gear and might here some grinding once in a while.
    but dont take my word for it
    Dennis,

wow, on second thought... dont race that talon. you should be running low 14's. work on that launch and driving buddy. what was your 60ft?

1wrx4u2c: i think you are referring to him running a 13.9 for him to run a 14.9 i think he would have dropped the clutch at 700rpm, lol

i ran a 13.8 with some bolt ons and stock turbo in my gsx so the 1g talon awd would be faster than i
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    wow, on second thought... dont race that talon. you should be running low 14's. work on that launch and driving buddy. what was your 60ft?

1wrx4u2c: i think you are referring to him running a 13.9 for him to run a 14.9 i think he would have dropped the clutch at 700rpm, lol
    ummm...the last time i checked....wrx's are suppose to be running mid 14's professionaly driven....and since i was i think about 10,000 ft above sea level then i think that is good timing for a bone stock wrx...and i checked the website for the track and they said to multiply my time by .19 or something.....and my e.t. ended up being 14.5

Ike
    ummm...the last time i checked....wrx's are suppose to be running mid 14's professionaly driven....and since i was i think about 10,000 ft above sea level then i think that is good timing for a bone stock wrx...and i checked the website for the track and they said to multiply my time by .19 or something.....and my e.t. ended up being 14.5
    In the right conditions with a good driver a stock WRX can hit low 14s. Though you hitting 14s your first time out isn't bad at all, what were your 60' times like?

10,000 feet? Where in California is this track?

That's almost 2 miles above sea level...

stock WRX hitting 14s at all at 10,000 ft above sea level? better post that time slip... the local track here is at 5,800 ft above sea level, and i'm pretty sure no completely stock cars were hitting 14s at all... and we're 4,000 ft below you. what track is this?
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

found the altitude of los angeles county raceway: 2710 ft. above sea level. that makes more sense...
    o-|-<) bryan
    (izzy helped with the research... props)

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Ike
    2700 ft., 10,000 ft., eh, what's the difference...

Just a tad bit of exaggeration

A 10,000 foot track would be like racing at some of the higher passes in the Rocky Mountains, I couldn't even imagine

woops my fault....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123