wrx vs. an eagle talon - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs. an eagle talon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the talon is a 1990 sti....would that b the 1st gen or 2nd gen?...

the talon is a 1990 sti....would that b the 1st gen or 2nd gen?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ike
    Originally posted by FilMaNutts
    That would be TSI, and that is a first gen, first model year in fact. I owned one for some years and they are not cars be mess with. I have a feeling the guy is not stock and if that's the case, be very affraid, I would not risk any money on this race if I were you.
    The chances of that car still being on original turbo are slim to none.

Keep in mind - the DSM Shootout has a "Stock Appearing" class, where the car *has* to look stock under the hood, and the only modded exhaust allowed is the HKS that looks like the stocker.

John Shepherd ran in the 11s like that, so keep in mind it can look stock while it's actutally far from it.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by John M
    Keep in mind - the DSM Shootout has a "Stock Appearing" class, where the car *has* to look stock under the hood, and the only modded exhaust allowed is the HKS that looks like the stocker.

John Shepherd ran in the 11s like that, so keep in mind it can look stock while it's actutally far from it.
    I'd say his 8 second DSM looks pretty stock, unless you look inside.
    What people say is correct, and the reason I think is that parts are quite a ***** cheaper for the DSM. Turbos of all size practically never go above $1,500, while the biggest turbo made for the WRX, the Garret GT costs $2,000. For that money you could easily get the Turbonetics T-66 which is in Sheperds 8 sec DSM, and and some injectors on top. I'm surprised those kits for the WRX allowing DSM turbos are not so popular, even though the EJ20 and 4G63 have equal displacement and are imho equally potent.

Originally posted by FilMaNutts
    that TSI, but none the less, that is the faster version. stock for stock it still wont keep with a well driven wrx 5speed from a dig. the problem is that if he has a talon TSI and wants to race it, theres a very slim chance its actually stock. all he needs are some exhaust mods and boost controller to run 13's. and turbo upgrades can be EASILY had to run 12's religiously.

if you are going to bet money, sign something that says his car is stock, and make sure you look over it. but even thats risky if you cant easily identify mods. either way, if he wins by a lot or even wins at all, and you drive your car well, he was lying about mods. so dont pay him and punch him in the stomach for lying.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Whoa whoa! Hold the phone its a freggin old eclipse!! I raced one and spanked it like a little red headed step child! If he is stock it will be a joke. Bottom line: There a old eclipse.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

thanks everybody....i try to keep everything in mind....d-day is tomorrow....we'll see wat happens and ill b shure to post something up about it.

Originally posted by Death To Ricers
    Whoa whoa! Hold the phone its a freggin old eclipse!! I raced one and spanked it like a little red headed step child! If he is stock it will be a joke. Bottom line: There a old eclipse.
    Bottom line, an "old eclipse" will beat the piss out of a wrx 85% of the time because they are easy to mod and realatively cheap to mod.

Originally posted by Death To Ricers
    You probably raced a non-turbo, non-awd eclipse which basically has a neon motor in it. Were talkin about a awd talon with a bigger turbo than the factory WRX. The first gen eclipses are faster than the second gen stock for stock. That would be a driver's race IMO.

Don`t know if anyone posted it, but I`m too lazy to read all the posts, but, www.dsmtalk.com and do some research

Originally posted by fsmwrx
    You probably raced a non-turbo, non-awd eclipse which basically has a neon motor in it. Were talkin about a awd talon with a bigger turbo than the factory WRX. The first gen eclipses are faster than the second gen stock for stock. That would be a driver's race IMO.
    not true. it is very feasable that a wrx beat a stock 1st 2nd or 3rd gen turbo talon. THE WRX IS FASTER THAN THE TALON!! now that we have got that straight..... what gives the talon its upperhand is the amazing response it takes to mods. with little money (under $500) you can run low - mid 13's conservatively. if the talon isnt modded theres no problem. you have to remember, not only is the wrx's allwheel drive system better than the TSI, but the TSI also shares the extra weight from a roll because of his allwheel drive. wrx is faster stock for stock driver for driver, hands down. just watch out for mods. turbo allwheel drive talons and eclipses are only good for high 14's at best.

a kid at my school has one he says he has a evo engine in it says he has over 250hp i can still beat him with a almost stock wrx
    dennis,

Originally posted by 1wrx4u2c
    a kid at my school has one he says he has a evo engine in it says he has over 250hp i can still beat him with a almost stock wrx
    dennis,
    offcourse he has the Evo engine on it, the 4G63 though actually a mirror copy and slightly different internals.

byt yeah in general, stock for stock the WRX should walk those cars, because they weigh a little more, have less hp and are pretty old!

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    turbo allwheel drive talons and eclipses are only good for high 14's at best.
    Are you talking about modded talons and eclipses?

So, you got a stock WRX that runs a 14.2 and a stock Talon that runs a 14.8 that could definitely be a driver's race.
    03' PSM WRX sedan - 326 awhp/303 tq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.