Just raced w/a manual

This is a discussion on Just raced w/a manual within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving back from gasing up at lunch, when a brand new 04 pulled in front of me. I ...

WRX

Just raced w/a manual

I was driving back from gasing up at lunch, when a brand new 04 pulled in front of me. I caught up, and he gunned it. I followed suit and much to my amazement, I started pulling on him. I had to let off the gas to keep from rear ending him.

I tried to wave when he pulled off, but I don't think he saw me.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The guy you hustled up on was probably keeping it under the 4,000 rpm limit for his brand new car...

I was driving around Montgomery and Oswego today for work (outside sales) and happened across a bright red 911 Carrera 4 turning south onto Douglas off of 34. Followed him for a bit, hoping he'd want to have some fun, but I guess I was following too closely or he wasn't in the mood, as he soon pulled to the side in the snow and let me pass. I made sure he heard my boxer screaming at 6,000+ rpm through the catless exhaust as I went around him.

I rarely see any other WRX's in the Batavia, Aurora, Montgomery, Oswego, Yorkville area... Is it wrong that I'm always looking to race while I'm "at work"?

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Re: Just raced w/a manual

Originally posted by WRX
    I was driving back from gasing up at lunch, when a brand new 04 pulled in front of me. I caught up, and he gunned it. I followed suit and much to my amazement, I started pulling on him. I had to let off the gas to keep from rear ending him.

I tried to wave when he pulled off, but I don't think he saw me.
    Just curious, but how did you know it was a manual just from pulling up behind him?

WRX
    I could see his car jump when he shifted, and his arm was doing the shifting motion.

I truly don't believe he was keeping it below 4,000 rpm, since we went up to around 70 in such a short distance.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    I could see his car jump when he shifted, and his arm was doing the shifting motion.

I truly don't believe he was keeping it below 4,000 rpm, since we went up to around 70 in such a short distance.
    Your auto is certainly faster than my manual was when it was stock (14.3x at 93-94 mph was my best), so I can certainly believe you'd push him along a bit, even more so if it was merely an average driver, or someone not yet familiar with launching. And I was kidding about him shifting at 4 grand, hence the winkie smiley " " .

Nice kill of a fellow Scooby.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

WRX
    lol, I didn't see the winky.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Cool

no WRX's over here? lol. im out in geneva and i see a few all the time. for some reason they're all yellow like mine..... idk why but. you could surely rape me if your out this way (as im almost all stock)hehe
    "Wait this is butter yellow. Therefore I'll call it the Smoov Mobilie because it's as smooth as butter."

Originally posted by Butterwrex
    no WRX's over here? lol. im out in geneva and i see a few all the time. for some reason they're all yellow like mine..... idk why but. you could surely rape me if your out this way (as im almost all stock)hehe
    Geneva/Batavia area doen't have many WRXs. I see 1-2 a week. Saw an STi once. By the time I make it to work in Schaumburg I see tons
    2002 WRB WRX
    Perrin catted DP
    PDE flex UP
    TurboXS axle back

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRX
    I didn't see the winky.

'03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

WRX
    I'm out in Geneva/Batavia about once a week. I've seen a black modded one, (who saw me and went PSSHHHHT, scaring the hell out of me) a silver with white subaru decals, and people test driving WRX/STi's from the Orchard Rd. dealership.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

The next time you drive by Fermi, wave because I could throw a rock at fermi labs from where I live.

I see the black from time to time, never up close.
    2002 WRB WRX
    Perrin catted DP
    PDE flex UP
    TurboXS axle back