Srt-4 Vs. Stage 2???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Srt-4 Vs. Stage 2??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i know this topic has been beaten to death but my "fellow co-worker" just got an srt-4 and he is ...

Srt-4 Vs. Stage 2???

i know this topic has been beaten to death but my "fellow co-worker" just got an srt-4 and he is talking all this sh** about how he would destroy me and can stay with the sti. (i know the srt-4 is really reallly fast and i love the car so dont flame) anyway so i hve stage 2 conservatively dynoed to 211whp and 216lb/t and i was wondering if he would really beat me bad or if it would be drivers race. Also can stage 4 beat a srt-4 pretty bad?
    thanks
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Race em from a standstill and a st.2 may get him on the street. They have lots of wheel spin. Tell him to quit talking trash and race you. Practice your launch before hand.

Depending on both of your launches you will take him till around 60-70 mph. After that the srt will gradually pass you up and keep going. What year is his srt and does he have any mods at the moment? I raced a stg 2 wrx from a stop and from a roll. I had a bc set to 16psi and i took him by 4 cars on the freeway and from a stop he had me till around 70mph then i slowly started passing him and we both shut down around 100. If he's a noob you will most likely take him from the launch and keep your distance. I say go for it and post your results.
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

As mentioned, race him from a dead stop and watch him try to catch you. I ran 13.3 @ 100mph with a stage 2 setup running Turboxs's high performance boost controller (16.5 psi).

As also mentioned its all about the launch. You nail the launch in a stage 2 WRX, and you will be several cars in front of him at 50mph or so. Then he can try to reel you in. But if the race is kept to a 1/4 mile you have a very good chance of winning.

Just practice your launch so that you leave the line with a little wheel spin without bogging and you'll do fine.

About a stage 4 vs a stock SRT-4, there's no comparison. From a roll a stock SRT-4 will hang tuff but lose. From a dead stop , a stage 4 will absolutely kill a stock SRT-4. I ran 12.7 @108mph in my stage 4.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 02-03-2004 at 06:35 AM.

Yeah, what they said. It's a drivers race. But don't run from a roll if you want to win.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

yeah from a roll the wrx is at disadvantage because the srt's turbo is slightly bigger and will pull ya on top end so go from a dead stop.....i beat my friends s1 srt with the apg wastegate (when i had stage 2) but on top end he had me....
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

DREW

Whats up Dood....its Christopher from GT!!

I raced one from a dig, while i was running the same mods as you but stock ecu. If you can launch the car you will win, from a roll i was dead even with the SRT-4...

How do you like the car?

CZ
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.