WRX versus 500whp SRT-4 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX versus 500whp SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by drizze99 Try this one then!! http://www.turbochargers.com/forumuploads/500hp.wmv If that fails, IM me for a transfer. RN...

Originally posted by drizze99
    Try this one then!!

http://www.turbochargers.com/forumuploads/500hp.wmv
    If that fails, IM me for a transfer.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Drod
    That's a dyno queen. That car is not capable of running those kinds of numbers and boost on a consistant basis. I see all these 750 rwhp 2jz Supras at the dyno, but when they have to run real world boost so that they ca drive these cars back home they only produce 500 rwhp at a safe boost level. I am not saying that 500 hp out of a SRT is not impressive, but when he drives that car home, he is not making nowhere close to 500 whp.
    And your point is?

I dynoed my car at 262whp/290wtq @ 16.9psi and as a daily driver, I don't boost past 15psi. Doesn't everyone do that? Are you saying whatever you dyno your car at is where you keep it as a daily driver as well?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Your car and the 500 whp srt are two diffrent cars. He is running a hell of alot of boost and his internal would melt if he drove that car for more that 5 minutes in that boost range. My Cobra Dynoed 477 RWHP and that's the boost I run every day. I respect the numbers he is making, but it dose not mean $hit if you are not able to drive the car home with out having to lower the boost significantly. I am a beliver that you dyno what you can safely use on the street. Some people build cars for the dyno and others build for real world use. Now do not get me wrong. I like the SRT and I am thinking of getting one. My WRX has developed some problems that has taken SOA over 3 weeks to fix. I will sell it when I get it back. A SRT is looking really good for the price and the performance.
    Last edited by Drod; 02-04-2004 at 07:56 PM.

My Cobra Dynoed 477 RWHP and that's the boost I run every day.
    Want a cookie?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Want a cookie?
    No, just making a point young buck. Big diffrence between real world HP and cars built strickly for the Dyno.

No, just making a point young buck. Big diffrence between real world HP and cars built strickly for the Dyno.
    A lot that I know of use race gas on the dyno and not often on the street. But they DO push those numbers at the track, so it has a practical application.

RN

A lot that I know of use race gas on the dyno and not often on the street. But they DO push those numbers at the track, so it has a practical application.
    I have many freinds who have forged internal and run max boost at the track and dynos, but lower the boost for every day driving.However when they need to turn the wick up and make a run down the highway they can for a prolonged period of time with out blowing up the engine. That SRT would not last long on a highway race. That motor will melt from the heat produced by that big turbo and boost.
    Last edited by Drod; 02-04-2004 at 08:18 PM.

I have many freinds who have forged internal and run max boost at the track and dynos, but lower the boost for every day driving.However when they need to turn the wick up and make a run down the highway they can for a prolonged period of time with out blowing up the engine.
    The ones I speak of can run high boost as long as they want too, but race gas is kinda needed.

RN

Your car and the 500 whp srt are two diffrent cars. He is running a hell of alot of boost and his internal would melt if he drove that car for more that 5 minutes in that boost range. My Cobra Dynoed 477 RWHP and that's the boost I run every day. I respect the numbers he is making, but it dose not mean $hit if you are not able to drive the car home with out having to lower the boost significantly. I am a beliver that you dyno what you can safely use on the street. Some people build cars for the dyno and others build for real world use. Now do not get me wrong. I like the SRT and I am thinking of getting one. My WRX has developed some problems that has taken SOA over 3 weeks to fix. I will sell it when I get it back. A SRT is looking really good for the price and the performance.
    Right now you are only speculating on the internals. Only time will tell. I can tell you than he plans on doing more upgrades and in 3 weeks he will dyno again hoping for 600whp. The internals on this car are very strong and it was definitely built for boost. I don't want to mag race, BUT 2 different magazines took the SRT-4 engine apart to do articles on the internals. Both came to the conclusion that this engine is for real. The beefyest 4 cyl that they have ever tested. The 2 mags are SCC and Hot Rod.

Steve (car owner) is doing this for two reasons.
    1) To see how much the stock internals can take before kaboom
    2) To see how well his lubricants do in demanding situations

He owns his own lubricants company.

I am impresssed by the numbers, and would like to see how far he can take that 2.4. I am a fan of the SRT and would love to see some reliable 500 whp SRT's. I may be speculating about the internals and will do more reserch in to that car tonight. OK I read the Sport Compact article and the engine has forged internals and cold bent crank. I also noticed that the mopar team is making 1200 hp with a stock block and crank.
    Last edited by Drod; 02-04-2004 at 08:33 PM.

Here is the link to the Hot Rod article:

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...srt/index.html

I am a fan of the SRT and would love to see some reliable 500 whp SRT's.
    Me too, so I can get their recipe!! It's always nice to have someone pave the way!

AJ- thanx for throwing up the article!

No problemo.

From my understanding of reading about this car, the only hp drop he will see from the dyno to the street is in race gas and his intercooler nitros spray. The NX-cooler sprayer should be installed soon, so that gets rid of one of the variables. I'm willing to bet that this car still pushes 450Whp every day of the week. As the articles show, this engine in incredibly strong. We'll see how long he can last. We already know that the Half-shafts seem to fail somewhere above 350lb-ft, looks like the clutch fails around 500lb-ft....
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.