2004/5 Saab 9-2x
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004/5 Saab 9-2x within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring.../saab-9-2x.htm I'm wondering how you guys would like this car since it's based on the Impreza. It has all the ...

2004/5 Saab 9-2x

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring.../saab-9-2x.htm

I'm wondering how you guys would like this car since it's based on the Impreza. It has all the underpin from the WRX even the engine. They say it will be price just a little more than the WRX around $25-30k. It looks pretty good too plus that it'll get a better interior, no offense. Would this car have the same type of modibility as the WRX/2.5RS, what do you guys think?

Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, its the SAME engine, so moddin it for power will be a no brainer. I would guess the suspension is the same, so yeah that'll be easy as well.

Saabs are a bit too quirky for my tastes, and finding somewhere to get em serviced is a trick. Not as many dealers. Would like to sit in one tho, see how leather and a proper interior feels in the shell of "my" WRX.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I have leather seats in my wrx and they are awesome. I will post pics of them once it warms up enough to clean it quik and take some pics. They look alot nicer in the interior, mine are all black with wrx stitched in the upper middle of the buckets, everything is now black and grey.

The seats can be pretty slipery though, i've thrown a coulpe people across the back seat who were "too cool" for a seat belt.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

looks like im buyin saab seats, once a few are in the junkyards, i saw a couple interior pics, and they have the same clock on the dash... but leather would definetly be a nice upgrade...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

I dont think the interior looks much nicer at all. Leather seats, thats about it. What else is nicer? I prefer the looks of the wrx better, although I like the looks of the 9-2x as well

hehe, here's a pic of my 02 REX w/ leather. Had dealer send it out. $1k and a 3yr/36kmi warranty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture 009.jpg  

Originally posted by neverendingmods
    hehe, here's a pic of my 02 REX w/ leather. Had dealer send it out. $1k and a 3yr/36kmi warranty.
    nice leather seats

btw, anyone has the interior picture of the 9-2x? haven't seen one yet.

I wonder where they'll stick the ignition location. Usually somewhere on the console. I use to have a Saab. No power but handled great. Stupid thing had the e-brake going to the front wheels . Weird car man, weird car.

I wonder where they'll stick the ignition location. Usually somewhere on the console. I use to have a Saab. No power but handled great. Stupid thing had the e-brake going to the front wheels . Weird car man, weird car.
    probably on the console...

at wat u said about the e-brake...lol wonder how does that even work?

No brake shop could figure it out. Had to end up taking it to dealer to get everything fixed that broke. Brakes were the worst. Good braking power(4whl disc) but a nightmare to service. First time I drove the car was in the winter. I tried to pull e-brake in a parking lot Pulled the rear wheel off at home and . Only the sweedish

I think mine might be a little darker than those, or its just my windows. Yours still look sweet though. Do you have WRX stitched on them? just wondering if they are possibly identical.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

No embroidery. They are Katzkin leather but installed by an interior shop in Horsham ,Pa. Katzkin has different grades of leather. I was worried it would be real "loose". But not the case. The back seat looks awesome. Too bad I'll probably remove it permanately in the future(cage). I tried to get a 2-tone but couldn't for the price. It's the graphite black or something like that. Dealer had about 20 swatches(samples) of diff. colors to choose. They(installer) scratched the door jam pretty good though pulling out back seat. I've removed it 10 times and didn't scratch anything. Fixed by dealer for free of course. No other problems and side airbags still work. But will destroy leather when deployed. Hopefully won't happen

forgot to add. If you look the pic I posted, even the fabric on door cards were replaced with leather too
    Last edited by neverendingmods; 02-02-2004 at 09:03 PM.

so how much did you pay for all the work? looks great

How about with embroidery?

I paid for $1200 when I bought the car. The dealer did it for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx_leather_right.jpg.jpeg  

Re: How about with embroidery?

Originally posted by yass
    I paid for $1200 when I bought the car. The dealer did it for me.
    nice...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast