My STi vs Mazda RX8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My STi vs Mazda RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off I know my car is faster, but I can't resist racing them. I was cruising down Danials Parkway ...

My STi vs Mazda RX8

First off I know my car is faster, but I can't resist racing them.

I was cruising down Danials Parkway and I noticed a Silver RX8 driving pretty agressively up in front of me. He was moving from lane to lane passing other cars. So I slowly worked my way up to him and ended up behind him at a light.
    Well he left the light pretty slow and I was just sitting behind him. It kind of made me mad because he had been driving agressively and now he's just creeping along. We had nothing but a clear road with a 50mph speed limit in front of us, but he continued to crawl pretty slowly about 30 mph or so. He was going so slow a Suburban started coming up around us, and then all the sudden he nailed it. I followed behind him for a split second and then cut over in front of the Suburban. In 2nd & 3rd gear I walked by him so hard it wasn't funny. By the time I hit 80mph it was all over. It was a complete slaughter.

For whatever reason I really do like beating RX8s. Not because the car is fast, but because the drivers think they are.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: My STi vs Mazda RX8

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    For whatever reason I really do like beating RX8s. Not because the car is fast, but because the drivers think they are.
    You speak tha truth my brotha
    You wouldn't understand if you stood under it.....

So true.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

Gave him a nice reality check

2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

yea the only part that sucks, is that the car isnt turbo...
    course his car has a better zero to orgasm time in terms for looks
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

yes that car actually looks very good in person. In pictures it's like, "how many cars am i looking at right now?"
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I really wanna line up against one of these.

Nice kill
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

ive been out playing with one... one of my roomates friends has one... its quick, but it doesnt stand a shot out of the hole... instant 2 carlenghts, and it holds ground for a bit, 3rd gear pulls another car and a half.

as for the rotary engine, just keeps on pulling way way up high, so once its fullsteam, the topend on the thing isnt bad... but not enough torque...

I think a STG1 or 2 rex, shouldnt have many problems with em.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Mazda really let me down on this one.

As far as the engine, anyway
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Mazda really let me down on this one.

As far as the engine, anyway
    I dont even care about power output as of right now. The car does what is designed to do extremely well. They had to make something as solid and sound as possible to get the rotary to catch back on. I think they are playing it very smart and I'm glad to see they are selling. This is a great start. Bring on the 3-4 rotors now

str
    It's a shame the RX8 isn't faster because I think it is a really cool car. Maybe they will find a way to bump up the power in later models.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I think a STG1 or 2 rex, shouldnt have many problems with em. [/B][/QUOTE]

A stock Rex should be able to smoke them once going from a stand still. A stock STi better not ever get beat by a stock RX-8 for any reason other than the e-brake being stuck on. They are "cute" little cars the RX-8. But, no torque. Anybody see the concept RX-7 yet? Killer looking. Saw it in a mag. at work. The guy who showed me can't remember what mag it was. Man, I drooled all over the page.

I took out an S2000 from a stop pretty easily up to 75 mph using a regular takeoff (2k rpm). Had about 4 cars on him.

The rx8 has similar performance so a stock wrx would take them both easily from 0 up to 90 at least (maybe more but I dunno) with both cars taking off at a normal launch.

WRX
    I've driven next to a few of them, and I really don't like them. I think it's a very fugly car.

BTW, anyone know the stock 1/4 #'s for one of those?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    I took out an S2000 from a stop pretty easily up to 75 mph using a regular takeoff (2k rpm). Had about 4 cars on him.

The rx8 has similar performance so a stock wrx would take them both easily from 0 up to 90 at least (maybe more but I dunno) with both cars taking off at a normal launch.
    A stock S2K is considerably faster than a stock RX-8

As far as I know, RX-8s can run high 14s, S2k's run low 14s, some even high 13s. Not even close.

now in the handling department, they might be close. But not in the speed department. The S2k vs. WRX is a driver's race for sure, but the WRX should stomp a RX-8.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast