SRT-4 goes down
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 goes down within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been getting messed with by every SRT-4 owner in DE and PA lately. I finally got a chance ...

Smile SRT-4 goes down

I have been getting messed with by every SRT-4 owner in DE and PA lately. I finally got a chance to race a modded one. At 60mph we did a 3-4 gear run and I had him by over a car and a half. I waited til he caught up to get on it again once in 4th and pulled away again. Came to redlight down the road and talked briefly over our exhausts somewhat. He was stage1 from dealer but added tbe catless(they have no muffler stock, just cats and resonator) boost control and a few other things I couldn't hear. I'm fully catless w/VF30+tmi(txs stage4+). He says to me not to race here(at light) because he just got pulled over on this busy road we're on.(This was at 11pm and not busy now) Light turns green and he dumps the clutch. I get the clutch out slowly(he's still next to me spinning) and I mash it and bye bye Neon. Short shifted into 3rd, to let him fly by so I could hear his car. Man they do sound good when they are catless. Pops and craclkes with "loud" turbo sound. This one had the stupid RT stripes on it(black w/white stripes). Now I just need to find the guy w/ st.2 and a super loud BOV who blows it off every time he sees me coming in opposite direction. The only time I could of raced this one, I was TXS st.3 and had a bad oil seal in my td-o4. Smoking like crazy. So I let it go. The one I raced on Thur. night had a passenger in car, but still got spanked. He had the best, funniest, vanity tag. Let's just say he's not timid about driving a POS. That's the only hint you're getting.
    Cool little cars they are.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: SRT-4 goes down

Originally posted by neverendingmods
    Now I just need to find the guy w/ st.2 and a super loud BOV who blows it off every time he sees me coming in opposite direction.
    Must've been Drizze!

j/k

nice run! those things are harsh when modded though!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

What's an SRT4? I don't see those around here...or Evo's...or WRX's...or STi's...poop, this place sucks.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    cool. I dig srt4s a lot.

and wrx's

and evo's.

and many, many other cars.

Damn you work, pay me more money so I can own more cars.
    2003 SRT-4

Yeah, for a $20k car, it's Bad Arse!. I creep over to the SRT-4 forums every few weeks to see how they are doing w/ their cars. Guess what, they had mega trouble w/ the first years(03) gear box aswell. Dodge is supposedly bumping up hp to 250 and torque is higher for upcoming 05 models. They(SRT-4 owners) swear the 04 is by far the better year. All that torque though hurt that guy I raced once we played from a stand still. He had some front end hop to go along w/all that spinnin. The guy said he was gonna buy some drag radials and try and get in the 12's. Traction is only thing holding back these little cars. How come all these cool cars came out after I bought my REX in 01. 350z, Mini works S, EVO, STi, and the SRT-4. Oh well, I 'll just keep moddin to keep up.

FEAR The NEON!!

Quote:
    Now I just need to find the guy w/ st.2 and a super loud BOV who blows it off every time he sees me coming in opposite direction.

nice kill.....not sure if you were refering to an srt with this quote or not but if so the stage 2 isnt out for the srts yet......but soon.....

Originally posted by renichms
    What's an SRT4? I don't see those around here...or Evo's...or WRX's...or STi's...poop, this place sucks.

RN
    Same here! I ran into two Evo's in my life, two Srt4's local and I've only seen an STi on the highway once...other then that I'm populated with Hondas and Mustangs...and I think there are about 13 WRX's local and I only see 4-5 of them in the span of a few months...::sigh::
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Benthalo- he's got a st.2 sticker on side windows. Their forums say they have it out already. It's stage 3 that is not out yet. That's the bigger turbo I believe. I could be wrong. I'll check it out on their forums.

edit- found this about the st.2 and st.3. I swear this guy has a st.2. Atleast advertises he does . Anyway, there is also a st.2 SRT-4 for sale on E-bay right now. There's a link in this forum(thread before this one)
    http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35510

Read some threads. Good info on what they're doing to try and beat us.
    Last edited by neverendingmods; 02-01-2004 at 08:55 PM.

Car on ebay was a bogus st.2. Sorry. They busted the guy

LOL, I know the guy you raced! If I am thinking correctly, it is Dan. He lives in the West Chester area. He is the only one I know with a black SRT-4 w/stripes in our area.

Nice kill, BTW!! I'll have to poke fun at him the next time I see him! LOL.

What color is the car that advertises S2? That is such a joke. I hate people like that. S2 is not out yet and it won't out for a few months. That eBay add was pretty funny as well. Can you say OWN3D!!

EDIT: your SN is so true!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Yeah, for a $20k car, it's Bad Arse!. I creep over to the SRT-4 forums every few weeks to see how they are doing w/ their cars. Guess what, they had mega trouble w/ the first years(03) gear box aswell. Dodge is supposedly bumping up hp to 250 and torque is higher for upcoming 05 models. They(SRT-4 owners) swear the 04 is by far the better year. All that torque though hurt that guy I raced once we played from a stand still. He had some front end hop to go along w/all that spinnin. The guy said he was gonna buy some drag radials and try and get in the 12's. Traction is only thing holding back these little cars. How come all these cool cars came out after I bought my REX in 01. 350z, Mini works S, EVO, STi, and the SRT-4. Oh well, I 'll just keep moddin to keep up.

FEAR The NEON!!
    04 is the superior model to the 03... its got more power, a 4-way diff (queff diff) or something like that, and some other problems that were addressed in the 03

i still don't like FWD cars though... so i'd never buy one unless i had money to burn...

Shoot, I considered selling my Rex before I went st.4 to get a SRT-4. Then heard about all the 03 problems and stuck with what I have. Only thing I don't like is the turbo/manifold design(one) and the suspension setup. Otherwise, one bad arse car. If it's fast and somewhat goodlooking, I'll sport it. The add. of the lsd front quaife dif(1.5) eliminates torque steer.

Shoot, I considered selling my Rex before I went st.4 to get a SRT-4. Then heard about all the 03 problems and stuck with what I have. Only thing I don't like is the turbo/manifold design(one) and the suspension setup. Otherwise, one bad arse car. If it's fast and somewhat goodlooking, I'll sport it. The add. of the lsd front quaife dif(1.5) eliminates torque steer.

torque steer huh... this may be true... but the steering is stiff as hell... i test drove an 04 not too long ago... too small, it was fast and all but not the best car for me... again its FWD, so i'm not that big of a fan

Ahh, maybe it's test drive time or not. 9 yrs ago I wrecked a zx I test drove. Been a little weary of test drives since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast