For those of you who argued that the 350Z was quicker around a track than an RX-8...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on For those of you who argued that the 350Z was quicker around a track than an RX-8... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We were both right! According to Jeremy Clarkson's Head-to-Head: The RX-8 goes around the test track in 1:31.8 The 350Z ...

Angry For those of you who argued that the 350Z was quicker around a track than an RX-8...

We were both right!

According to Jeremy Clarkson's Head-to-Head:

The RX-8 goes around the test track in 1:31.8
    The 350Z goes around the test track in 1:31.8
    and as a reference:
    The BMW M3 goes around the test track in 1:31.8

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow. e46 m3 i take it. impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Re: For those of you who argued that the 350Z was quicker around a track than an RX-8...

Originally posted by PPMotorsports
    We were both right!

According to Jeremy Clarkson's Head-to-Head:

The RX-8 goes around the test track in 1:31.8
    The 350Z goes around the test track in 1:31.8
    and as a reference:
    The BMW M3 goes around the test track in 1:31.8

-Jim
    So basically, this Clarkson guy sat on his a$$ eating potato chips and just made up a number and applied it to all three.

Re: Re: For those of you who argued that the 350Z was quicker around a track than an RX-8...

Originally posted by 2001S4
    So basically, this Clarkson guy sat on his a$$ eating potato chips and just made up a number and applied it to all three.
    please tell me ur kidding or being sarcastic.....as i can't tell if u r or not

jeremy is the host of top gear, a car show over in england. probably the best car show ever.......there are tons of top gear video clips floating around
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Re: Re: Re: For those of you who argued that the 350Z was quicker around a track than an RX-8...

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    please tell me ur kidding or being sarcastic.....as i can't tell if u r or not

jeremy is the host of top gear, a car show over in england. probably the best car show ever.......there are tons of top gear video clips floating around

Alright, so it was fish and chips, not potato chips

Clarkson is a damn good driver. Well respected fella. Has driven just about everything that has tires on it. His opinion is such that major manufacturers get thier panties in a wad if he gives em a bad review. I know I could not outdrive the limey
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Brembo, I am going to have to disagree with you.

I think Jeremy Clarkson is a funny guy sometimes (like 3/10), but he knows nothing about cars. He is not really a good driver at all when compared to Tiff (my idol). All Clarkson does is spin around in the cars he tests( he cant even hold a drift like tiff). To my knowledge, Clarkson has no racing experience, unlike Tiff, who has spent a better part of his life doing so.

Lately, I have been disagreeing with the Top Gear reviews have been saying. In the Rx-8 video, I believe they failed to mention that the engine is actually in the 2.5-3.0 liter size range than it's proposed 1.3 liter size. Clarkson went on telling how fab the 1.3 liter engine is throughout the review.

also, Jeremy Clarkson is not the one who actually drives the car for those tests. its the "Stig" that drives it, basically a professional driver.

yea exactly, jeremy just ****s around in them and tells us how they feel to the average joe, then the stig gets in and flies them around the track and that is the time you see, the stig has a healthy F1 racing background also.

I have the episode of Top Gear. i downloaded from eMule...

IMO Clarkson's funny and an ASS, but he's opinion on cars often holds true. The dude CAN drive just that TIFF is the pyschotic one that likes to do drifts. TIFF's more fun to watch when comes to driving.

if you'll miss TIFF, go find episodes of "5th Gear" show. He and that Butler Henderson girl now host a rival show, which was one of the reason BBC decide to bring back the Top Gear TV show when the 5th Gear aired.

btw, they don't need to mention that 1.3 rotary is more like a 2.5-3.0 because that only makes the rotary looks more efficient at producing power with less displacement.

oh yeah, and TIFF also tested the RX8 for the 5th Gear show. You can find that on eMule too.
    Last edited by FrankW; 01-31-2004 at 02:10 AM.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Tiff mentioned taht the engine is actually 2.5-3.0 liters in his review of the Rx-8, top gear failed to do so.

Originally posted by Jojo
    I believe they failed to mention that the engine is actually in the 2.5-3.0 liter size range than it's proposed 1.3 liter size.
    Some say its 1.3L, but if you get hardcore and compair it to a recip. engine its really using multiple rotor faces at once, making it more like 2.6L.

No one is really right because they are using piston engine standards to measure somthing that clearly is not.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by CKxx
    Some say its 1.3L, but if you get hardcore and compair it to a recip. engine its really using multiple rotor faces at once, making it more like 2.6L.

No one is really right because they are using piston engine standards to measure somthing that clearly is not.
    I agree, go with what mazda says. As a 2.6, or a 3.9 it's not very impressive.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

I love how every top gear rivalry face off ends like this "wow, it's a tie! everyone wins!" I smell politics involved
    Honestly how bad would it look for a new car if it was proven to be slower in a straight line and through a controlled test track by a respectable program such as top gear.

I'm going to try to remember the other comparisons that ended just like this..
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast