Spanked by an STi, but I wasn't disappointed

This is a discussion on Spanked by an STi, but I wasn't disappointed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Travelling home last Friday, I was heading up to a stop light and noticed a WRB WRX STi taking a ...

Spanked by an STi, but I wasn't disappointed

Travelling home last Friday, I was heading up to a stop light and noticed a WRB WRX STi taking a left to get on Rt. 22, I decided to turn right to get the highway by another route. Missed my opportunity to see what this Sti could do. My WRX is a wagon and stock. Anyway I finally reach Rt. 22, and notice something coming up quick on my left...It's the STi. It was too dark to give the guy a thumbs up. I proceeded to get behind him, and when the car in front of him moved into the right lane, he took off like a bat out of hell. I got spanked bad. I was glad to see that extra HP from the STi, because I'll be glad to be picking mine up this October when my previous lease is up. That STi is badass.

I didn't mind being eaten alive from a member of the Subaru family (STi). Thanks all.

c5wrx
    Good and Bad Weather Toys:
    1999 C5 Mallett Corvette
    2002 WRX sportwagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's kind of what they do. I wish I could hook up with an STi around here. The only one I've ever seen was in Montreal.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good, lol nice death. I was praying when I clicked that it wasnt in your c5
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    good, lol nice death. I was praying when I clicked that it wasnt in your c5
    same here too!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: Spanked by an STi, but I wasn't disappointed

Originally posted by C5WRX
    Travelling home last Friday, I was heading up to a stop light and noticed a WRB WRX STi taking a left to get on Rt. 22, I decided to turn right to get the highway by another route. Missed my opportunity to see what this Sti could do. My WRX is a wagon and stock. Anyway I finally reach Rt. 22, and notice something coming up quick on my left...It's the STi. It was too dark to give the guy a thumbs up. I proceeded to get behind him, and when the car in front of him moved into the right lane, he took off like a bat out of hell. I got spanked bad. I was glad to see that extra HP from the STi, because I'll be glad to be picking mine up this October when my previous lease is up. That STi is badass.

I didn't mind being eaten alive from a member of the Subaru family (STi). Thanks all.

c5wrx
    hey just wondering if you mean route 22 in New Jersey

and specifically where at? if you dont mind me asking
    Im in Raritan NJ and I am on route 22 almost everyday

Carl
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

Talking

I FEEL YOU....

Even I've lost to a STi. Fortunately, I was stock, and he wasn't.
    Good death.

rt. 22 in Northeastern pa. near Allentown, PA.
    Good and Bad Weather Toys:
    1999 C5 Mallett Corvette
    2002 WRX sportwagon

I had a similar runin with an STi in Rochester. I have an 03 wagon with just an uppipe and next to this STi I looked like I was standing still. I was leaving a light and didn't even notice him coming up behind me. When he got next to me he paused for a second then floored it. I was in 3rd just getting into boost but I still had nothing for him. At least I can say that I got a good look at the car......the front, the side and a whole lot of the rear.