Mustang GT kept coming back for more....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang GT kept coming back for more.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I was merging onto the highway today I noticed a 96-98 Mustang GT come beside me (I could tell ...

Mustang GT kept coming back for more....

As I was merging onto the highway today I noticed a 96-98 Mustang GT come beside me (I could tell it was a 96-98 by the tail-lights.) He passed me on the left and I soon fell in behind him. I could tell by the sound that he had at least an exhaust and he also had Cobra R rims, FWIW.

He would hit it periodicaly and I would just leave it in fifth and stay right with him as I eased into it. Pretty soon traffic cleared and we had an open stretch ahead. I swung out into the right lane and dropped it to fourth and waited for him. He took the bait and I proceeded to put a couple buslengths on him.

I put it back into fifth and started slowing down when I noticed him coming for more. I had to deny the flyby so this time I dropped it to third at around 75. His momentum kept him even with me until I hit 95 and had to shift to fourth. It was a repeat of the last time, with me walking him pretty badly.

I slowed down again. This time he cruised beside me and had the nerve to rev at me while passing me. WTF? He tried to speed away but I caught him again and passed him.

By this time, I was getting sick of wasting this dude so I turned off. He took the same exit as me. When I saw him coming his window was down and I honestly expected him to flick me off, but he gave me a thumbs up instead.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice... good race.. good kill(s)...

and im happy that he was a gracious loser
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

at 75 you prolly woulda had the power to pass in 4th
    Never stop learning.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    cool. Those are the slowest year stangs, but im glad he was a cool owner. He probably likes WRX's just like I do, but just cant give up that v8 rumble.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    cool. Those are the slowest year stangs, but im glad he was a cool owner. He probably likes WRX's just like I do, but just cant give up that v8 rumble.
    Speaking of that, you should have heard the '68 390ci GT Stang at the shop today, not to mention the Shelby Cobra with its sidepipes blaring. w00t!

Nice run silver!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

denied

|
    |
    |
    |
    \/
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

your cars pretty sick jim 18g correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Yes. It's not that sick when you look at it this way:

Stock LS1's put down about the same power as I do on 93 octane.

I dunno, I guess I just want more power.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby

not to jack, but i gotta ask, what ya put down on 93?

Peter North > *

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

do not compare any engine to the ls1...lol...the perfect blend of a HUGE engine and some good NA technology...

A well worked 5.7 is tough to stand up to!

My buddy's ls1 vette with a blower and nitrous (and bolt ons) traps 137mph and is perfectly streetable
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by ebr0t
    not to jack, but i gotta ask, what ya put down on 93?
    296 hp / 263 trq

There's more in the turbo, just not in the injectors. I'm still running Sti 550's. The 18g makes its real power over 20psi. The only way I can safely run that much boost on these injectors is with higher octane for now. On 24psi it made 352 hp / 341 trq
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Re: Mustang GT kept coming back for more....

As I was merging onto the highway today I noticed a 96-98 Mustang GT come beside me (I could tell it was a 96-98 by the tail-lights.) He passed me on the left and I soon fell in behind him. I could tell by the sound that he had at least an exhaust and he also had Cobra R rims, FWIW.

He would hit it periodicaly and I would just leave it in fifth and stay right with him as I eased into it. Pretty soon traffic cleared and we had an open stretch ahead. I swung out into the right lane and dropped it to fourth and waited for him. He took the bait and I proceeded to put a couple buslengths on him.

I put it back into fifth and started slowing down when I noticed him coming for more. I had to deny the flyby so this time I dropped it to third at around 75. His momentum kept him even with me until I hit 95 and had to shift to fourth. It was a repeat of the last time, with me walking him pretty badly.

I slowed down again. This time he cruised beside me and had the nerve to rev at me while passing me. WTF? He tried to speed away but I caught him again and passed him.

By this time, I was getting sick of wasting this dude so I turned off. He took the same exit as me. When I saw him coming his window was down and I honestly expected him to flick me off, but he gave me a thumbs up instead.
    hey wat mods do u have on ur ride?

Re: Re: Mustang GT kept coming back for more....

Originally posted by FilMaNutts
    hey wat mods do u have on ur ride?
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...823#post411823
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

jim on that 2.2 when do you spool the 18g?

Peter North > *

Pretty quickly actually. I get 15psi by 3500rpm in 4th gear.

Take a look
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.