Forester XT vs. Civic (with mods)

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Civic (with mods) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Right after me and the wife traded in our 2002 WRX Wagon for the turbo Forester we had someone at ...

str

Forester XT vs. Civic (with mods)

Right after me and the wife traded in our 2002 WRX Wagon for the turbo Forester we had someone at a stoplight in a Civic, probably had some mods, definetly exhaust, wanting to race. He kept revving his engine so we raced twice both from stoplights. I think by the time I hit third gear he was about 7 cars back. My wife asked me "was he even ready". I slowed down and he did that whole fly by thing. Anyway my wife was cracking up because when he pulled next to us he kept looking at her and smiling revving his engine and my wife just shook her head and laughed. Fun though.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahaha, truely own3d by a grocery getter
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

i wonder if he knew what he was up against. maybe he just thought it was another "run of the mill" small suv.

Re: Forester XT vs. Civic (with mods)

Originally posted by str
    Right after me and the wife traded in our 2002 WRX Wagon for the turbo Forester
    str, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the merits of both cars and also, if you don't mind, what you got ($) for the WRX Wagon on trade in, milage etc.

Cheers!

any mods on the forrester yet?
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Awesome grocery getting madness!!

good kill!
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

Its funny that some "racers" pick on suv's as their only targets...its even funnier when the suv wins
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Subaru bringing the Forester STi to the USA = Me selling my WRX...
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

Manual or Auto? I just test drove an auto XT and was kind of disappointed. It had some nice low end torque, but didn't really satisfy me up top. Felt more like a NA/6cyl than a turbo/4cyl. I might try test driving the manual version.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

str
    I have a 5 speed. The dealer game me a little over 17k for my WRX Wagon. It only had 17k miles. I didn't owe that much on it and got 1.9% financing. They gave me the car for invoice price whihc was pretty sweet. I think the sticker was 26,300 and I got it for 23,800 or something. The reason for the trade was that I wanted a little more room and a softer riding car, but didn't want to give up any performance or the AWD. The Forester definetly has a nicer, more comfortable interior. I never drove the auto but the manual has mad acceleration and you don't have to rev high and dump the clutch to get a good launch like in the WRX. The turbo spools up much quicker and all the tourqe comes in at about 3000 rpms. It feels quicker than my WRX and I even had a MBC on it. No mods on the Forester yet, not sure if I will get any. My quickest run with my WRX with the MBC was 14.1 in the 1/4 mile. I might run the Forester once just to see what it can do. It feels at least that quick stock. I'm sure the auto is much slower than the 5 speed. The only other noticable difference is that the WRX handled turns much tighter. I loved my WRX and I love the Forester even more. It's such a sleeper.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by vtjim
    Subaru bringing the Forester STi to the USA = Me selling my WRX...
    forester STI?

please explain further...

str
    I think that was a joke.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    I have a 5 speed. The dealer game me a little over 17k for my WRX Wagon. It only had 17k miles.
    Thanks str, I have a '03 Wagon with the same milage and I'm thinking about trading it for the new Legacy when it comes out May/June. 250/250 in a car that weights just a little more than the WRX!!

Originally posted by str
    I think that was a joke.
    nope, not a joke, but its only in Japan

http://www.subaru.co.jp/forester/sti/sti.htm

pretty sweet, too bad it wont come to the US