I want to build an all-motor Civic HB - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I want to build an all-motor Civic HB within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is what I would do. 92 Civic hatchback CX/DX B20 VTEC with higher compression, new valve train, and new ...

This is what I would do.

92 Civic hatchback CX/DX
    B20 VTEC with higher compression, new valve train, and new camshafts(JUN, TODA).
    Hondata engine management.

This guy at my work claims to run mid 12s on street tires with fully built B20 VTEC in a CRX.

You should also check out www.clubsi.com . There are a few informative threads if you look really hard. www.honda-tech.com' seems to be quiet popular thesedays, too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

The Civic will be street legal and I want to run in the all-motor NHRA class, so it has to be SUPER FAST with a roll cage and as much HP as I can cram under the hood. I'd also like to be able to put the car in "street trim," and go F-up some hot shot punks that just don't know. For this, nitrous will be employed. The difference between N2O and FI is REMOVABILITY.

Having said all this, can somebody please tell me what all these engine designations mean? I'm assuming B16 is a 1.6L, B18, is a 1.8L, and H22 is a 2.2L, but again I'm Honda-clueless .

-Jim
    You can get all the info, plus prices for pretty much any honda engine, JDM or USDM, from here:

http://www.hondamotorsonline.com/

I didnt know you were considering Nitrous application. Like i said before with the turbo application, id go with a B18B engine (1.8L DOHC non VTEC Integra LS motor). Not only does it already have a much lower compression ratio compaired to the B18C1-B18C5 (GSR and Type R motors), as well as being usually 1/2 the price. This is good for both your wallet and making power with N20. I can see you getting a fully built B18B for maybe 5K installed, and being able to run 100-125 shot easy. In a 92 or earlier hatch, thats going to be pulling down some SERIOUSLY fast ETs.
    2000 Civic Si
    Lighter then stock, enhanced by N20, and driven WELL.

there's no such thing as a B20 with DOHC Vtec stock I don't think

that's like a CR-V block with a Type R head on it right?

anyway, that's probably the best setup because the block is closely related to the 18 and 16 so it's small and light and you get a lot of displacement.

Originally posted by ellisnc
    there's no such thing as a B20 with DOHC Vtec stock I don't think

that's like a CR-V block with a Type R head on it right?

anyway, that's probably the best setup because the block is closely related to the 18 and 16 so it's small and light and you get a lot of displacement.
    no. not stock. you can combine almost any head with a B20 block such as the B16A2 or B18 series heads though. very good torque output, as well as strength.
    2000 Civic Si
    Lighter then stock, enhanced by N20, and driven WELL.

does someone care to explain to us newbs what "all-motor" actually means?
    WRB WRX wagon in 6-8 weeks.... booooo! wait

All motor = Without the assistance of forced induction or nitrous.. aka turbos and superchargers

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12